Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

But, but...what about Cleganebowl? ;)

I can picture Alayne walking back to her room and seeing Sandor lying in her bathtub with a bandaged leg propped up on one side of the tub.

Actually I can't picture that scene, but the imagery is funny.

Lmao, I just typed out a long post explaining why I don't think Trystane being Aegon would work b/c if Trystane wasn't Doran's son then there would be no Martell heir and Dorne would basically be fucked. Then I remembered that he would be Elia's son and that wouldn't be a problem. LOL, I think making a dumb mistake like that means it's time for bed.

I wonder, with the planned time skip if the Hounds bum leg would have been alot better so there could be some sort of believability to him appearing and doing well in a fight. But with the time skip skipped, I just cant see it happening.

That's what I didn't like, the robe, the coloring of it doesn't seem the best for him.......all of it. Just didn't like it. That is entirely too pastel looking for Daario,LOL

I don't mind it. It looks Middle Eastern ("bathrobe" cut, the layering) crossed with a 14th century pourpoint (fitted, very slightly puffy sleeves). Color I don't much like, though you do see that faded pinky-violet and gold in some Italian manuscripts.

So, do we think Sam will be leaving the Wall this season? I keep going back and forth on that. Some of the comments about Sam and Gilly sticking together seem to hint at that, since what's the point of using that particular phrasing if they never go anywhere? And John Bradley's interviews at the premiere also seemed to hint at that.

But the counterargument is the pretty enormous cutting or combining of plots underway this season. If Sam's plot actually does make it in, that tells me that Oldtown is way, way more important to the endgame of the series than I have previously contemplated it to be.

Hmmmmmm, I'm wondering if it could be in relation to LS and Jaime and Brienne and..........in comes Sandor to shake it all up!! Hell, I've been speccing on that forever, those four intersecting storywise.

Yay! I'm going to hold that cheery thought. :)

Ugh......I had an answer about Sam and back buttoned out of it. I do recall one of the Kit interviews talking about some separation of priorities, paraphrasing, between Jon and Sam, ie........Sam having things that trump his relationship with Jon, I took that to mean issues with Gilly and the baby.

That reminds me, we could hunt down some of the missing interviews and youtube clips, to help us keep track of some of the stuff we know, and, ummmmmmmmm, are allowed to talk about, LOL

Whew, go away for a few hours and BLAMO! The world here is altered!

I'm trying to get straight what we can and cannot talk about. I understand Ran's position re leaks from from official screeners--that's bad form on their part, they're breaking their word to HBO, and that's not right. Got it. But, I copy/pasted this from Ran's message in the Lady Stoneheart thread:

But be warned, anyone who posts leaks derived from screeners, or who quotes or asks questions of such a person, is going to be banned.

Makes perfect sense, and its perfectly fair. My confusion though, is this: By this point, hundreds and hundreds of college students, perhaps thousands, have seen at least Ep.#1, and they're online with it all, all the time, everywhere. Presumably, they've shared with family and friends, which ends up probably in the tens of thousands of people. And that's just in the U.S. Presumably, the same thing is going on worldwide--I know I've seen some spoilery material in foreign languages. And certainly, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are alive with 'tips and clues' about Ep.#1, and about other episodes. In fact, if you frequent social media, its difficult to avoid all the S5 information out there.

So, I guess my question is this: We know lots of details from lots of sources, at least about Ep.#1, From ordinary people posting online, not from official screeners at all--just 'some guy on Reddit' or someone over at Twitter whose information matches with what we've gleaned from HBO trailers, stills and other HBO-released material about S5.

Can we discuss and speculate about everything that we've put together, at least about Ep. #1, or other episodes being discussed all over social media, while we avoid naming and sourcing material to an official screener, and certainly avoid asking questions of some leaking screener?

Here's an example--Sansa is going to Winterfell. I think everybody on the planet knows that by now--HBO itself released footage of Vale knights riding into Winterfell's courtyard, and the Roose actor said at the premiere 'There will be a wedding.' LOTS to talk about and discuss there! Can we talk about it?

I'm going to report my own post now to the Mods, asking if one of them can come into this thread and let us know what is and isn't allowed, perhaps Ran himself if he's still online. I'm not being obstreperous, not at all--I'm sincerely at a loss, and Ran's warning simply says we cannot post leaks derived from screeners. -- and we can all see and understand that position perfectly. What about all the other information that's out there everywhere, posited by ordinary people, even anonymous people? Can we talk about it?

Off to report myself to the Mods. (There's a first!) :P

So, do we think Sam will be leaving the Wall this season? I keep going back and forth on that. Some of the comments about Sam and Gilly sticking together seem to hint at that, since what's the point of using that particular phrasing if they never go anywhere? And John Bradley's interviews at the premiere also seemed to hint at that.

But the counterargument is the pretty enormous cutting or combining of plots underway this season. If Sam's plot actually does make it in, that tells me that Oldtown is way, way more important to the endgame of the series than I have previously contemplated it to be.

He might go to Braavos at the behest of Jon just to negotiate a loan with the Iron Bank and interact with Arya, or he might go on to Oldtown. Normally I would stick with the mantra "assume what we know hasn't been changed remains the same," but if you look at the various arcs this year, you kind of have four categories.

Main Plot of Books with Major Cuts and Major Alterations:

Arya, Jon, Stannis, Theon, Dany, Tyrion, Jorah

Totally Different:

Brienne, Jaime, Sansa

Major Question Marks:

Yara/Asha, Davos, Ellaria/Arianne, Areo, Sam, Barristan, Varamyr,

Cogman, Fetch me a Block.

JonCon, Victarion, Aeron, Arys, Quentyn

Will Sam be totally different or not? The trend says he has a 66% chance of following his book storyline so we'll see. One thing against this was Benioff at the Oxford Union forgetting Sam was a POV character. You'd think he wouldn't have forgotten this if Sam was going off to Oldtown in the show, as no one would be there in the books to witness this arc taking place.

I'd put it at about 62% chance of Sam leaving the Wall this season.

Whew, go away for a few hours and BLAMO! The world here is altered!

I'm trying to get straight what we can and cannot talk about. I understand Ran's position re leaks from from official screeners--that's bad form on their part, they're breaking their word to HBO, and that's not right. Got it. But, I copy/pasted this from Ran's message in the Lady Stoneheart thread:

Makes perfect sense, and its perfectly fair. My confusion though, is this: By this point, hundreds and hundreds of college students, perhaps thousands, have seen at least Ep.#1, and they're online with it all, all the time, everywhere. Presumably, they've shared with family and friends, which ends up probably in the tens of thousands of people. And that's just in the U.S. Presumably, the same thing is going on worldwide--I know I've seen some spoilery material in foreign languages. And certainly, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are alive with 'tips and clues' about Ep.#1, and about other episodes. In fact, if you frequent social media, its difficult to avoid all the S5 information out there.

So, I guess my question is this: We know lots of details from lots of sources, at least about Ep.#1, From ordinary people posting online, not from official screeners at all--just 'some guy on Reddit' or someone over at Twitter whose information matches with what we've gleaned from HBO trailers, stills and other HBO-released material about S5.

Can we discuss and speculate about everything that we've put together, at least about Ep. #1, or other episodes being discussed all over social media, while we avoid naming and sourcing material to an official screener, and certainly avoid asking questions of some leaking screener?

Here's an example--Sansa is going to Winterfell. I think everybody on the planet knows that by now--HBO itself released footage of Vale knights riding into Winterfell's courtyard, and the Roose actor said at the premiere 'There will be a wedding.' LOTS to talk about and discuss there! Can we talk about it?

I'm going to report my own post now to the Mods, asking if one of them can come into this thread and let us know what is and isn't allowed, perhaps Ran himself if he's still online. I'm not being obstreperous, not at all--I'm sincerely at a loss, and Ran's warning simply says we cannot post leaks derived from screeners. -- and we can all see and understand that position perfectly. What about all the other information that's out there everywhere, posited by ordinary people, even anonymous people? Can we talk about it?

Off to report myself to the Mods. (There's a first!) :P

LOL and good luck. :smoking:

Totally. Let's pray him and Tommen never meet, or we'll be two members short of One Direction: Westeros

Maybe he's a brilliant actor? The Sand Snakes don't look much more promising :( I love Alexander Siddiq, but the rest of the Dorne cast doesn't look great.

Has anyone else seen this new casting rumpr? Winteriscoming.net has been posting about a new Griff/Young Griff secret casting.

I still think it's likely that Trystane is (f)Aegon (for the sake of streamlining the story). But these guys present a new possibility: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/30/game-of-thrones-season-5-rumors-to-griff-or-not-to-griff/

Archived