Acrophobia #17: Singular Protagonist Titles - RESULTS IN

Dolorous Gabe

I wanted to say that although I placed it second, 'Of Inadvertent Rebellion' was a very very very good entry. It was different. I liked it very very much.

It was highly under-appreciated for sure.

I wanted to say that although I placed it second, 'Of Inadvertent Rebellion' was a very very very good entry. It was different. I liked it very very much.

Really?! I thought it was a weak entry on my part!

Really?! I thought it was a weak entry on my part!

I am not an acceptable measure on how well received an entry will be broadly, but I on my own liked it very much. If you say it was weak, because it did not have an immediate broad appeal, then... I suppose. But if you mean that you just did not like it much yourself, then you have bad taste :laugh:

First - 10 The Marred Rogue's Demise

Second - 7 Tasting Morality, Reveling Dirt

Third - 14 'Till My Revenge's Done

Fourth - 2 Traitor, Martyr, Rebel, Destroyer

Interesting entries by everyone - we all seemed to latch onto such similar ideas about who the Hound is and what role he plays. Which makes me think GRRM will totally change it in the future books then since he loves subverting our expectations.

first - #10 The Marred Rogue's Demise

second - #14 'Till My Revenge's Done

third - #16 The Meanest Reservoir Dog

fourth - #1 True Men Ridicule Death

really cool entries...all except mine of course...as per my plan

:smoking:

edited because i can't make up my mind

Neither of my first two entries were great by any measure but I'm rather impressed in a sad way just how few votes I've received so far. Oh well, I suppose there's no accounting for middling taste... and the standard this game is higher than others I recall. As in: Maybe the best overall entry sets I've seen.

1. 4 The Musical: Redemption Doggie I love a good musical!

2. 7 Tasting Morality, Reveling Dirt Subtle allusion to gravedigger theory.

3. 10 The Marred Rogue's Demise Or is it? Sounds like investigative reporting to me.

4. 3 The Mighty Rescue Dog Could be an action movie or a cartoon, but either way that's a good title.

Honorable mentions to 1, 2, 12, 13, and 16.

And thanks to all who voted for my entries in the first two rounds.

Neither of my first two entries were great by any measure but I'm rather impressed in a sad way just how few votes I've received so far. Oh well, I suppose there's no accounting for middling taste... and the standard this game is higher than others I recall. As in: Maybe the best overall entry sets I've seen.

That makes me feel a little better - everyone is so so good! It's almost shocking! I'm hoping practice makes perfect...

1. 4 The Musical: Redemption Doggie

MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.

2. 3 The Mighty Rescue Dog

Clever title. Sounds like an ASOIAF movie geared to the younger set. Beware parents, you will have a lot to explain to little Billy

3. 10 The Marred Rogue's Demise

If ASOIAF were written by Jim Butcher

4. 14 'Til My Revenge's Done

I am not a fan of the contraction revenge's... but I like the James Patterson Joe Abercrombie-y - feel of the title.

I am not sure what is up with the formatting.

First: 4 The Musical: Redemption Doggie I really love the use of the first two letters

Second: 11 Traitorous! Murdering! Revengeful!: DOG Great title for an action comic

Third: 10 The Marred Rogue's Demise It's fittingly dark and gets bonus points for not using "dog"

Fourth: 13 Tomorrow's Men Relish Digging Gravedigger reference and also avoiding "dog"

To be honest, this round seems rather weak to me. The first two rounds had lots of great entries and I can totally see how I got just few points with my mediocre entries, but this time I actually consider mine to be one of the best - you should at least all vote it on the second place!

Archived