NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

The hobbit theme is playing during this trophy ceremony :lol:

Fitting because Bishop is such a hobbit

I heard this and was laughing at it.

Just happy the Rags aren't in it. They're boring. I'd rather see the Hawks in it but the Ducks wouldn't be terrible.

Interesting trend for the Ducks over the past couple years:

2013: QFs, go up 3-2 and lose game 7 at home vs the Wings.

2014: SFs, go up 3-2 and lose game 7 at home vs the Kings.

2015: CFs, they face the same possibility against the Hawks.

The Ducks were stifled in both these games (and the one last year was a laugher). Going back further, Boudreau's Caps were 1-3 in game 7s. So he's 1-5 in game 7s, all of which have been at home.

...so with all that said, I'll take Chicago to win a decently close game tomorrow night. I don't know if that'll get Boudreau fired (one can hope), but I just don't see him as the guy to get the Ducks to the promised land (which is the main reason why I've always 'underestimated' the Ducks).

I'll take the Bolts in 7. Their mental toughness has been quite something these playoffs. Also they're the best team the Hawks will have faced in these playoffs.

There's also the fact that if the Bolts win, they'll have beaten 4 of the original 6 in these playoffs. And as a bonus, they basically knocked out Boston at the end of the season.

In terms of Cups, I see em as the late 90s/early 00s Devils (they had 3 in 7-8 seasons I believe).

But Tampa's winning. I hope, anyway. The West has had the Cup for too long.

Devils won in 95, 00, 03. Wings in 97, 98, 02. So either comparison works. The Hawks are definitely the 1st post lockout dynasty if they win it again this year.

Corey Perry making things interesting....

Oh my bad, I forgot about '97 for some reason. Yeah then both comparisons work. In fact LA and Chicago are kinda like today's version of those NJ and Detroit teams.

Edit: would the Ducks be stupid to fire Boudreau? I get the sense he's holding this team back in critical moments...

Edit: would the Ducks be stupid to fire Boudreau? I get the sense he's holding this team back in critical moments...

I think he was pretty badly out coached in this game. The question would be is there a better option available? Except for Guy Boucher, it's pretty much down to assistant coaches, and AHL coaches at this point. The latest rumour for the Devils is Phil Housley, not sure how I feel about that tbh.

I think he was pretty badly out coached in this game. The question would be is there a better option available? Except for Guy Boucher, it's pretty much down to assistant coaches, and AHL coaches at this point. The latest rumour for the Devils is Phil Housley, not sure how I feel about that tbh.

Nonsense! There's Mike Bab..no...Dan By...Todd Mclel...Ken Hitch....

Fair point. And Guy Boucher is apparently being targeted by Toronto for a possible assistant position. So there are slim pickings indeed.

But do the Ducks really want another year of this guy? I guess we'll find out soon, but they've lost 3 consecutive game 7s at home. The only other team to do that in NHL history is the Capitals, coached by...you guessed it...Bruce Boudreau. He is now 1-6 in game 7s, all of which were at home. That's a damning stat imo.

Archived