If Mel is leaving with Stannis, does that mean Bran will save Jon? [Book Spoilers]

Protagonist90

I also dont understand who or why some people are coming up with this theory as if its a fact. If the Baratheon forces are killed (which I really doubt), there is no fAegon, Dany is still not anywhere near to coming to Westeros, possibly no Greyjoy storyline, so just peaceful Lannister-Tyrell alliance?Com'on. See no one to fill the void. And yes GoT likes to shock people but fans would get really upset if Jon gets 'killed', Stannis dead or Shireen dead. I dont see that happening.

If people are basing there predictions of Stannis's death just because he has a 'larger' army and higher odds in his favor, lots of things can turn that around and make him appear as a underdog the snow storm is going to take its toll on his army and we have seen some pictures of Mel in s5 with Baratheon soldiers in the background freezing so they are going to show winter as a big thing.

Liam Cunningham has said there is RW level stuff happening. It's possible he is talking about another character's storyline but more likely his own. And RW would be a weird analogy for FTW so I doubt it's that. A huge slaughter with many characters involved like Stannis (and maybe more) dying in battle is more RW level. I hope he isn't dying this season but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Stannis definitively hasn't come to the end of his arc yet. However when does that ever stop D&D from killing a character off? Mance and Barristan already gone this session.

Why do people keep saying that Stannis will die this season. Wouldn't that make all this journey of his a waste of time.

What happens to his army. Unless people are saying that Shireen takes over or something or that the Army bows to Jon or something..i dont see the point of building stannis up this season and instantly getting him killed.

I can understand his death once he meets his true enemy (the others)...but why now?

What I consider strong possibilities - the Boltons take over his army. the Others aren't the true enemy.

Why do people keep saying that Stannis will die this season. Wouldn't that make all this journey of his a waste of time.

What happens to his army. Unless people are saying that Shireen takes over or something or that the Army bows to Jon or something..i dont see the point of building stannis up this season and instantly getting him killed.

I can understand his death once he meets his true enemy (the others)...but why now?

I think Stannis will die in the Battle of Winterfell because he is being led down the wrong path by Melissandre. I think she has the gifts of the Lord of Light, but she's pretty much misinterpreting everything. Stannis is the one true king of Westeros, but this story isn't about just getting the right person on the throne. It's about Winter (Death) coming, while all the lords and ladies of Westeros are too worried about politics to see what's really important. I think Stannis' ultimate role in this story is getting Melissandre and his army to the North and to Jon and to act as a remembrance of the strong honorable male presence that used to exist in the North before the Starks were destroyed. I think Davos will probably survive. Or maybe I just hope so. I think poor Shireen will be killed by Melissandre (that's something I never feared in the books.) I think the Boltons will be defeated later..maybe by Littlefinger. I'm not presenting any of this as fact. It's just the way the story appears to be shaping up to me.

I think the blizzards hit, the starvation begins, the Frey's arrive, and suddenly things start to look bad for Stannis. Mel comes up with a plan to get Jon to come to Stannis' aid by writing the pink letter to provoke anger in Jon and to deliver Selyse and Shireen back to the wall.

the fact that is almost certain there would be no faegon, and the IB are much smaller with no euron attacking the reach, makes stannis in westeros even more necessary for daenerys to have something to fight against, and reafirms the prediction of the blue eyed king who cast no shadow.

he is not daying any soon. otherwise, we have really little left story to tell. daenerys overthrowns the lannisters, and goes north.

Linking Melisandre returning to the Wall with Stannis being defeated and/or dying does not make very much sense. The timing does not work absent the crazy notion that they are going to have two large battle sequences in the very same episode -- episode 8 -- not to mention, skipping right into The Winds of Winter territory.

the fact that is almost certain there would be no faegon, and the IB are much smaller with no euron attacking the reach, makes stannis in westeros even more necessary for daenerys to have something to fight against, and reafirms the prediction of the blue eyed king who cast no shadow.

he is not daying any soon. otherwise, we have really little left story to tell. daenerys overthrowns the lannisters, and goes north.

I think the blue eyed king who casts no shadow is an Other.

One thing that leads me to believe that Stannis is not dying anytime soon is that scene with Sam. I think that scene was important to the overall story because it seems that Stannis will be the one to carry this message onto the people of Westeros. I mean who will believe this news from a Tarly boy that is from the Nights Watch? They didnt believe the first guy that abandoned the NW from Episode 1, I doubt anyone would believe any of the NW given who they are - just a bunch of criminals with nothing to their name.

They could have easily had Davos or Mel in that scene as well but no, it was Stannis and he seemed genuinely concerned and had a look as if he finally understands why he was led to the Wall.

no its stannis with his fake lightbringer ..we hear from mel how he is not strong enough to make a shadowbaby at this time he has no shadows left...

and its a slayer of liew prophecy meaning that people will know that dany is real AA not stannis

doesnt matter. daenerys arch, much for my grief, its probably going to be the mess in the south for a big while.

probably euron and faegon are going to be replaced by stannis. also, the blue eyed king has a red sword... and is supposdly a "lie"

doesnt matter. daenerys arch, much for my grief, its probably going to be the mess in the south for a big while.

probably euron and faegon are going to be replaced by stannis. also, the blue eyed king has a red sword... and is supposdly a "lie"

I think fAegon/Arianne will be replaced by Trystane/Myrcella.

Has anyone else noticed the plot hole created by Maester Aemon knowing about and discussing Daenerys in this episode? In the books he doesn't learn about her until Braavos. But in the show he learns about her while still at CB. And yet no one shares this information with Stannis and Mel? I think Mel would have an interest in a princess born amidst salt and smoke, and the presence of dragons in the world again. And Stannis should be presented with the conflict, the choice, of whether to continue pursuing the throne for himself, or throw his lot in with someone who has a better claim.

Has anyone else noticed the plot hole created by Maester Aemon knowing about and discussing Daenerys in this episode? In the books he doesn't learn about her until Braavos. But in the show he learns about her while still at CB. And yet no one shares this information with Stannis and Mel? I think Mel would have an interest in a princess born amidst salt and smoke, and the presence of dragons in the world again. And Stannis should be presented with the conflict, the choice, of whether to continue pursuing the throne for himself, or throw his lot in with someone who has a better claim.

To Stannis Dany wouldn't have the better claim. The Targs lost their claim during the rebellion. So Dany would just be another usurper to Stannis, just as Stannis is a usurper to Dany.

As I said before on another thread, most of you are ignoring, that it has already been confirmed that Jon is going to fight the White Walkers in season 5. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/jon-snow-nights-king-hardhome-game-of-thrones

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/64719/20150507/game-thrones-season-5-spoilers-kit-harrington-confirms-white-walkers.htm

You have to include that fact into your speculations.

Open the first link;

At the bottom of the page you are going to see that Jon - even though everybody around him is running - is looking at something that is high above him.

That can only be a Dragon!!!

Meaning Drogon is going to burn the White Walkers and their Army of the Dead, and after that is going to follow Jon wherever Jon goes.

But if I am wrong, somebody explain me, why is Jon in awe when he is looking at the sky above, if he is not looking at Drogon?

Archived