"Episode ten will break the internet" - [BOOK SPOILERS]

JonSnowed

I seriously think it is going to be something about Jon and his "switching sides" to White Walkers. Probably Jon dies and when his body is brought before that Night's King,he opens his now blue eyes. Jon is supposed to lead the ice side against Dany and her forces in the last season after all.

All hail King of Winter Jon Stark!

The Dance of Dragons is not ep.10, but ep.9 still I would like to mention few things about ep.9.

"Dragons" is of course plural of "Dragon", which means that in ep.9 Rhaegal and Viserion are going to be set free.

The question is, set free by whom?

To me there are only two options;

1.Dany

2.Tyrion

However looking deeper into the issue, I do not think it can be Dany.

Namely the reason why Dany locked them up, is because they misbehaved, and while in captivity they did not grow more tame but more wild.

Which leaves only Tyrion.

Why Tyrion?

Tyrion will gain the trust of Dany, which is why they are going to be as close as they are in this picture; http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4471195.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Game-of-the-Thrones.jpg

And the only way a Lannister could gain so quickly the trust of a Targaryen is if she put him to the test of her Dragons(eat him or let him live) and he passed the test.

Meaning, Dragons like him!!!

I don't think it is without meaning that we have seen Tyrion being in awe, when looking at Drogon.

I think that this scene is only a prelude to the deeper bond he is going to have with Rhaegal and Viserion.

Something to think about...

I think Stannis is going out before episode 10 He is about done in the books. And Jon gets stabby-stabby right at the end of episode 10.

We are told four characters that are alive in the books will die in the show. So far the only one to go is Ser Baristan. Trant looks set to die and Stannis is the next obvious casualty.

It would not surprise me if Loras is executed to raise the stakes.

So getting loan fr the Iron Bank, having both Greyjoy heirs in your custody and more likely to win the Battle of Ice and your story is almost done? Ja sure.

My feeling is that Jon Snow getting Julio Cesared and his story left on a cliffhanger the moment that they are most likely referring to

The Dance of Dragons is not ep.10, but ep.9 still I would like to mention few things about ep.9.

"Dragons" is of course plural of "Dragon", which means that in ep.9 Rhaegal and Viserion are going to be set free.

The question is, set free by whom?

To me there are only two options;

1.Dany

2.Tyrion

However looking deeper into the issue, I do not think it can be Dany.

Namely the reason why Dany locked them up, is because they misbehaved, and while in captivity they did not grow more tame but more wild.

Which leaves only Tyrion.

Why Tyrion?

Tyrion will gain the trust of Dany, which is why they are going to be as close as they are in this picture; http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4471195.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Game-of-the-Thrones.jpg

And the only way a Lannister could gain so quickly the trust of a Targaryen is if she put him to the test of her Dragons(eat him or let him live) and he passed the test.

Meaning, Dragons like him!!!

I don't think it is without meaning that we have seen Tyrion being in awe, when looking at Drogon.

I think that this scene is only a prelude to the deeper bond he is going to have with Rhaegal and Viserion.

Something to think about...

Since you posted that photo from Daznak's.It's quite likely after Dany's speech about wheels(what we saw in The Wheel trailer),but It just looks as Tyrion is not there in the Pit along with Dany,Jorah,Daario,Missandei and Unsullied.It might be true and he'll really free Rhaegal and Viserion.I can imagine that Viserion will be his...but not both.

help me out on the Bronn thing, does the leaked casting script not assuage fears somewhat. Plus Lollys is due to appear in Episode 10, a happy reunion surely, surely...surely? :(

No a tragic funeral... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Actually, the signs pointing to Bronn getting chopped are just so explicit that I think he must survive.

Nah, sorry. He is dead.

Lollys becomes a sand snake to avenge his death. :drunk:

First of all, nobody except me has given a reasonable explanation for Stannis camp burning.

Some people say it is torches.

But if it is torches, then you are assuming that Bolton troops are burning the camp with torches, while the Stannis troops are passive onlookers.

That is absurd.

For those of you who think that is not absurd, answer me the following;

Does anybody of you, know a single case either in fiction, or in history of warfare, in which an army B, destroys army A with torches?

No, of course not.

Stannis camp burning is Dragon Fire.

And Dragon Fire cannot be anything else but Drogon.

As for the motives, I think that in the show it will be explained that Drogon "sensed" Jon to be the "True King of Fire", while Stannis being only a pretender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_thermal_weapons

from the article:

"The burning of enemy positions and equipment was not necessarily a complicated procedure, and many fires were set by individuals using common materials."

from the article:

War without fire is like sausages without mustard

Jean Juvénal des Ursins on Henry V's firing of Meaux in 1421

Since you posted that photo from Daznak's.It's quite likely after Dany's speech about wheels(what we saw in The Wheel trailer),but It just looks as Tyrion is not there in the Pit along with Dany,Jorah,Daario,Missandei and Unsullied.It might be true and he'll really free Rhaegal and Viserion.I can imagine that Viserion will be his...but not both.

But the question then remains, who will get the other Dragon.

In the context of what we are talking about, it can only be Dany but that would mean MARRIAGE, and I just don't see that happening.

Again, there is nothing in the show suggest Mellisandre has the knowledge or even seek knowedge to resurrect dead people.

Her quote from the tv show to Thoros was "No one should have the power". That was the closest she came to asking about resurrecting anyone.

If she was going to resurrect someone, then tv show would have at least suggested it or have Mel inquire about the process of resurrection to Thoros as in "Teach me Thoros" There is none of that.

Personally, I dont' expect death of Stannis/Shireen, at least this season, nor would we ever expect see Melisandre try to bring anyone back from the dead. I don't believe Mel would have any role in rebirth/resurrection of Jon. She would be a bystander for it.

No, she said "You should not have this power", meaning Thoros. I don't doubt she thinks she could do it, and would certainly try, whether she could do it or not. It's not a magic trick, like some of her tricks, it's real magic, so she doesn't need Thoros to tell her how. And he says, "I said the words", and she doesn't ask what words. She clearly knows what he means, and has heard of such an event - she just doesn't believe Thoros could do it because she has contempt for him.

What I find interesting is that she is with Stannis, not Jon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj1aN_Rmj0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_thermal_weapons

from the article:

"The burning of enemy positions and equipment was not necessarily a complicated procedure, and many fires were set by individuals using common materials."

from the article:

“ War without fire is like sausages without mustard ”

Jean Juvénal des Ursins on Henry V's firing of Meaux in 1421

I asked about torches, but OK.

What you are suggesting presupposes that the Bolton have powerful Fire weapons, such as we have not yet seen in the series, but there is a bigger problem with your thesis;

Bolton attack would mean three major battle scenes in season 5!!!

Do you see why that is a problem?

I asked about torches, but OK.

What you are suggesting presupposes that the Bolton have powerful Fire weapons, such as we have not yet seen in the series, but there is a bigger problem with your thesis;

Bolton attack would mean three major battle scenes in season 5!!!

Do you see why that is a problem?

No, I really don't!

But I didn't present a thesis; I was responding to your request for evidence that armies were ever defeated by the use of fire. There are several examples in the article. Review the section on 'Simple fire-raising', it's particularly instructive in this case.

For the watch , sacrifice of Shireen

Chronological problem with that.

Your scenario presupposes also the death of Stannis, but Stannis can die no latter then ep.9.

On the other "For the watch" can happen(if it happens) only in ep.10.

The problem is of course that if Stannis dies somewhere in ep.9 , and Mel lies that the sacrifice is necessary for Stannis, the sacrifice is going to be either at the end of ep.9 or at the beggining of ep.10.

See the chronological problem?

But the question then remains, who will get the other Dragon.

In the context of what we are talking about, it can only be Dany but that would mean MARRIAGE, and I just don't see that happening.

I don't think mariage will play part in that.

I would majorly suprised,if one of the dragons will die before the fight against Others.They'll fight.Bran maybe as Three-eyed raven said to him:you'll never walk,but you'll fly.Another choice would be Jon since one of the dragons is named after Rhaegar(most likely his dad).

My feeling is that Jon Snow getting Julio Cesared and his story left on a cliffhanger the moment that they are most likely referring to

I can see it now - Jon falls into the snow, which turns red, and Ghost lets out a long, agonised howl. Cut to black. That's just the sort of thing D&D would do.

I do think it has to be Jon's 'death'. Cliffhangers like this are lame and cheap on TV, but they usually guarantee huge numbers checking in for the next premiere. :bang:

No, I really don't!

But I didn't present a thesis; I was responding to your request for evidence that armies were ever defeated by the use of fire. There are several examples in the article. Review the section on 'Simple fire-raising', it's particularly instructive in this case.

Your point about fire weapons is valid, but originally I had discussion with other forum members about their contention that Bolton troops are going to use torches.

As for the other thing, up until now, every season had only one major battle scene, so changing it to three, would be a big jump.

Another problem with that,, is that we have heard about Jon and his White Walkers and Dany in the Pit, but we have heard nothing about this alleged Stannis-Bolton battle scene that you assume will occur.

I don't think mariage will play part in that.

I would majorly suprised,if one of the dragons will die before the fight against Others.They'll fight.Bran maybe as Three-eyed raven said to him:you'll never walk,but you'll fly.Another choice would be Jon since one of the dragons is named after Rhaegar(most likely his dad).

What I am saying is that I believe that Tyrion is the best candidate for freeing the Dragons, and if that occurs, I don't see why he couldn't have two of them(at least for the moment) considering that another major character had at the beginning three of them.

Your point about fire weapons is valid, but originally I had discussion with other forum members about their contention that Bolton troops are going to use torches.

As for the other thing, up until now, every season had only one major battle scene, so changing it to three, would be a big jump.

Another problem with that,, is that we have heard about Jon and his White Walkers and Dany in the Pit, but we have heard nothing about this alleged Stannis-Bolton battle scene that you assume will occur.

I assume nothing. We already know that Stannis will march on the Bolton position, and it is a very common strategy to send a sortie to fire an enemy camp; you don't need particularly skilled troops to do it, any idiot can carry a torch. There's an example in the article I posted where a seige was lifted after the garrison snuck out and burned the enemy camp, and that broke the seige - you can't have a seige without tents and supplies, particularly in winter conditions like Stannis will be suffering in. No battle necessary for a raid.

But are you really arguing that it's unlikely there will be a battle just because that's more battles than other seasons, while stating that it's likely that Drogon will abandon Dany (or even kill her, if I understand you correctly) and join Jon Snow at the Wall, a person he's never met in a place he's never been?

Archived