So, what do you think will "break the internet"?

No Ygrittes

Shireen's death was horrifying (the only scene I have actually cried at) but she was hardly even a secondary character. Her death has no impact on the overall story, it only offers controversy. However, for book readers it was massive because it was a book spoiler, ruined Stannis's characterization and put his large fanbase into a frenzy.

Not really.

-Davos/Stannis is over. Done

-the northerners will never follow a kinslayer

-his reputation will be as bad as the Freys, people will talk

-no one wants him on the IT after that

-more civil war instead of uniting the kingdoms

-R'hllor will want more and more and MORE burning

etc...

(the echo chamber is on full display again)

For the show only audience Jon getting killed tops Shireen getting burned. Jon is a fan favourite and arguably him and Dany are the 2 untouchable characters because they lead in their own plots. Take Jon away from the Wall storyline and then what....? Who takes over? Who do we invest in? Will anyone even care about those scenes without Jon. It is a fatal blow to an entire storyline because Jon is the only lead character at the Wall. Jon being killed is unthinkable, especially after episode 8 where he looks very important to the overall series.

Shireen's death was horrifying (the only scene I have actually cried at) but she was hardly even a secondary character. Her death has no impact on the overall story, it only offers controversy. However, for book readers it was massive because it was a book spoiler, ruined Stannis's characterization and put his large fanbase into a frenzy.

However, the majority of people who watch Game of Thrones don't even read the books. Jon's death will be massive.

For it to 'break the internet' for book readers, it will need to spoil his fate, I think. We know his fate in the books, we read the cliff hanger. We can only wait and see if the show takes it further and reveals a) if he is actually dead b ) if he wargs into Ghost and c ) if and how he is resurrected. However, I bet they will leave that until next season.

Yes. It will hit them hard,but I still can't compare this to Red Wedding. Maybe it's my bias opinion as a book reader. Especially after his heroics in Hardhome and Shireen's death. Death of another beloved character (in this case even bigger character) would be too much for some show watchers. If they leave it as some sort of cliffhanger...oh boy.

I hate to wait 9 months, but it's nothing,if compare this to gap between ADWD and TWOW. I just disagree with the first option. He will live, because his story is far from over in my mind. His parentage, virtually no one at the Wall that people would care about (as much as for Jon) etc.The Wall is pretty important,because WW threat. In the books we have Mel at least.

Not really.

-Davos/Stannis is over. Done

-the northerners will never follow a kinslayer

-his reputation will be as bad as the Freys, people will talk

-no one wants him on the IT after that

-more civil war instead of uniting the kingdoms

-R'hllor will want more and more and MORE burning

etc...

(the echo chamber is on full display again)

Only that none of that will matter if he dies in the next episode. I agree that it would be interesting to see the consequences of his actions (why didn't Stannis think about how much everyone was going to despise him for burning his own daughter?), but I fear he'll just die and everyone will be happy.

You mentioned Robert Strong (Im also a book reader)....but what if the show reveals Roberts Strong s face....and it belongs to say Joffrey, Tywin or Robb Stark? All these characters died about the time and after Qyburn arrived in KL. Who knows...Walder Frey could have saved Robb Stark's head as a relic and Joffrey may have asked for it. But Id guess if its anyone...it may be Joffreys head. Qyburn of course could have done this without Cercei's permission....we shall see...I know this is an out there theory...but Im trying to think hard what the hell could break the internet.

This theory has actually been around for a while (and it's a good one), that Robert Strong has the body of the Mountain/Gregor Clegane, the sword hand of Jaime Lannister and the head of Robb Stark.

Robert Strong removing his helmet upon Cersei returning to the Red Keep after her WOS and revealing Robb's face/head could break the internet as well.

This theory has actually been around for a while (and it's a good one), that Robert Strong has the body of the Mountain/Gregor Clegane, the sword hand of Jaime Lannister and the head of Robb Stark.

Robert Strong removing his helmet upon Cersei returning to the Red Keep after her WOS and revealing Robb's face/head could break the internet as well.

That would look rather hilarious, actually.

Oh heeelllllll no.

They will not make RS into Tash.

And there he stood, unmasked;

The head of the Wolf,

The beak of an Eagle,

The swordhand of Jaime,

The body of Gregor,

And his left leg was entirely Patrick Duffy.

I will not allow it.

No D&D, bad, bad!

For the show only audience Jon getting killed tops Shireen getting burned. Jon is a fan favourite and arguably him and Dany are the 2 untouchable characters because they lead in their own plots. Take Jon away from the Wall storyline and then what....? Who takes over? Who do we invest in? Will anyone even care about those scenes without Jon. It is a fatal blow to an entire storyline because Jon is the only lead character at the Wall. Jon being killed is unthinkable, especially after episode 8 where he looks very important to the overall series.

However, the majority of people who watch Game of Thrones don't even read the books. Jon's death will be massive.

For it to 'break the internet' for book readers, it will need to spoil his fate, I think. We know his fate in the books, we read the cliff hanger. We can only wait and see if the show takes it further and reveals a) if he is actually dead b ) if he wargs into Ghost and c ) if and how he is resurrected. However, I bet they will leave that until next season.

Exactly... my rant was directed to book fans... break our internet, so to speak...

I know show only fans whose internet would only break if there was no more female nudity on the show :dunno:

okay my predictions for what will "break the internet":

- Sansa kills Ramsey and runs away (with or without Reek, who may die)

- Cersai confesses and is killed, Tommen commits suicide or is killed

- Cersai confesses to incest and poisoning the King and Tommen and the rest of the lannisters are stippped of everything

- White Walkers climb above the wall, or make camp outside [to kill EVERONE (including Gilly and Sam) leaving only Jon and baby Sam]

- The Dragons have babies

-

okay my predictions for what will "break the internet":

- Sansa kills Ramsey and runs away (with or without Reek, who may die)

- Cersai confesses and is killed, Tommen commits suicide or is killed

- Cersai confesses to incest and poisoning the King and Tommen and the rest of the lannisters are stippped of everything

- White Walkers climb above the wall, or make camp outside [to kill EVERONE (including Gilly and Sam) leaving only Jon and baby Sam]

- The Dragons have babies

-

Is this a serious post? Or you're jesting?

One of the Sand Snakes said she is part of something extreme in the season finale - my guess is that we see the end of Bronn or Jamie, or maybe Myrcella? Jamie dying would be a BIG moment, but not a "break the internet" moment, I think?

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/a-sand-snake-in-singapore---jessica-henwick-speaks-063840208.html

Not Jaime - actor is under contract for season 6. Unless it's a fake-out. Myrcella however...

But her death wouldn't do the deed.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the Sand Snakes could do that would change the direction of the show. Is the plan to kill Tommen so Myrcella becomes Queen and Trystane King?

Sounds very much like Tyrion.

While I still hold the tiniest amount of hope for a Lady Stoneheart reveal, it would seem ... odd in the same episode where Jon supposedly dies. Or maybe it would be exactly the right thing to do. I have no idea.

Whom would he be saying that to?Jorah or Daario?

Archived