How do you see Tommen dying?

Grey Daughter

It'll be related to Aegon, however it goes. On that I would put money.

I don't know if it will happen like this, but could see Lady Nym and Tyene murdering him, wrapping his body in Lannister/Targaryen cloaks, and presenting him to Aegon. Would be a poetic end that could be consistent with the Sand Snakes' motives.

Then Aegon arrests his cousins for murder.

Robert Strong faces against Loras who was alive and well the whole time. Strong kicks his ass, Tommen can't support the thought of Loras dying. He gets between them to stop them, zombie Mountain accidentally kills Tommen.

I think the show has foreshadowed it strongly twice exactly how he will die: Cersei will poison him on the Iron Throne. I think that Aegon will penetrate the city, and the gates will be opened by a combination of the Tyrells and the Faith Militant. Cersei will rig King's Landing to blow, and then take Tommen into the Throne Room. She will poison him, and the second Tommen drops dead, Jaime will enter the throne room trying to save Tommen from his mother. When he realizes Tommen is dead, Jaime will then go into detail on why he killed Aerys, and Cersei will realize he's there to kill her. Jaime will then strangle the life out of her.

Best theory I've heard so far, so long as Myrcella dies somewhere before that point, perhaps in battle or maybe Darkstar returns to finish what he started.

I think the show has foreshadowed it strongly twice exactly how he will die: Cersei will poison him on the Iron Throne. I think that Aegon will penetrate the city, and the gates will be opened by a combination of the Tyrells and the Faith Militant. Cersei will rig King's Landing to blow, and then take Tommen into the Throne Room. She will poison him, and the second Tommen drops dead, Jaime will enter the throne room trying to save Tommen from his mother. When he realizes Tommen is dead, Jaime will then go into detail on why he killed Aerys, and Cersei will realize he's there to kill her. Jaime will then strangle the life out of her.

this is certainly close to the end I see for him. Cersei's delusion and jealousy has always reminded me of medea and the murder of her children.

Let's see my theory, IIRC went like this. I'm way to specific, but you know it's quite nice:

1) Ungregor wins Cersei's Trial-by-combat by killing Lancel. Cersei is free to plot again, especially since she now has complete control again over Lannister resources.
2) Everyone and their mother start to plot against Margaery. Cersei wants revenge on the Tyrells for past grievances (including killing Kevan), the High Sparrow really wants to bag himself a Queen to demonstrate the power of the Faith, Varys wants the Tyrell-Lannister alliance to collapse, LF wants more chaos, the Dornish want revenge, etc.

3) Margaery loses her trial. The HS orders her execution.
4) Mace refuses to hand over Margaery and acts like the oaf he is.
5) Carnage in KL, Faith Militant vs. Tyrell soldiers.
6) Cersei decides that it is unsafe to stay put. She, Tommen, Myrcella and the remaining Lannister retainers (Qyburn, the KG, Lannister Guards, etc.) flee to Maegor's Holdfast, leaving Tyrells and FM to kill each other in the street.
7) Lady Nim, Tyene and their 300 Dornish guards ambush Cersei's party. The Sand Snakes had counted on Margaery's trial going wrong, knowing that that would cause chaos and the ideal opportunity for an assassination.

8) Nym, Tyene and some chosen Dornish guards break through the Lannister guards. One or both of the remaining living KG members (I'm banking on Borros Blount, who will probably die like the coward he is) dies.
9) Ungregor gets unleashed. The fight goes badly for the Dornish, who are getting slaughtered. In one final desperate push, the remaining Dornish fighters throw themselves against Ungregor. At that moment, Nym or Tyene manages to sneek a poisonous dart or throwing knife past Ungregor to mortally wound/kill Tommen.
10) Ungregor recovers, but his helm is opened and his true face shown. He butchers the last Dornishmen, including the Sand Snakes. The Lannisters have defeated the Dornish and head to the Red Keep.
11) Cersei and company enter the Red Keep. Myrcella is quickly crowned on the IT and Cersei orders her henchmen to steal as many signs of royal authority away as they can (Things like e.g.; Tommen's crown, Joffrey's VS sword, Royal seals and decrees, the treasury, the White Book, the remaining KG's, perhaps the new Grand Maester if he has arrived yet, the Hand's chain if Mace didn't have that with him, etc.)
12) Knowing that whoever wins the fight between the Faith Militant and the Tyrells isn't going to look kindly on them, Cersei, Myrcella and whoever else is left take the fastest horses from the royal stables and flee the city to head west towards Casterley Rock. Cersei might set fire to the Red Keep in order to leave nothing behind for whoever takes the city.

I think he's going to die in a sack of the castle by the common folk. I think Aegon arrives at Dragonstone, and claims it as his own as a sign that he is the next King. Tommen receives poor advice from Pycelle, and sends a force to Dragonstone leaving King's Landing protected by a skeleton crew of sorts.

After Margaery's execution, Olenna poisons herself AND Tommen with sweetsleep.

Myrcella is crowned. The Sand Snakes tell her that Tommen's death was because Cersei set Marg up. Myrcella strips her mother of any power.

Jaime is named Hand. He and Myrcella become close.

Cersei, possibly misinterpreting the closeness, and losing her mind anyway, recognizes her daughter as the YMBQ and snaps.

Cersei kills Myrcella.

Jaime finds out, wraps his chain of office around Cersei's pale, white throat, and kills her.

"for hands of gold are always cold..."

At least that's one way it could play out.

I think Aegon is going to lock him up in a tower and we're never going to see him again. Martin played around with the Princes in the tower with Bran and Rickon, but Tommen could be another more direct example. Maybe he'll "disappear" or something. I picture something really sad for Tommen, definitely shocking.

I actually think Tommen has no more use for the series other than to represent a plausible anarchic state in King's Landing. The only reason King's Landing still exists is that there is some kind of figure head.

If Tommen dies, I believe it will be an insignificant death, in which it is both acknowledged and ignored due to the situation that the city is in. I actually see him being stampeded to death by accident, during a siege or a terrible event. At this point, no one acknowledges him because things are so bad, and by now his rulership has meant less everyday.

Cersei is going to murder Margaery in a fit of jealous rage as the outside world (be it Aegon or Dany or whoever) close in on King's Landing. Tommen will murder Cersei because of what she has done, revealing him as the Valonquar. Then the city will fall, and Tommen will be killed in the sacking of the city, off page.

Archived