How do you see Tommen dying?

Grey Daughter

Cersei will be the death of both her remaining children. She will kill Myrcella in the Balon Swan ambush scheme and she will get Tommen killed probably by the faith militant That would be the more poetic way for them to go.

I have a strong feeling that Cersei will have her hands in it either inadvertently (e.g. Robert Strong) or deliberately (going crazy and burning down the Red Keep or poisoning Tommen in order to "protect him").

P.S. I love how any thread discussing the guesses on release of TWoW and whatnot is crossing the boundaries of this forum and gets shut immediately while debating ways to murder a sweet innocent (albeit fictional) child is perfectly fine. :)

I think the show has foreshadowed it strongly twice exactly how he will die: Cersei will poison him on the Iron Throne. I think that Aegon will penetrate the city, and the gates will be opened by a combination of the Tyrells and the Faith Militant. Cersei will rig King's Landing to blow, and then take Tommen into the Throne Room. She will poison him, and the second Tommen drops dead, Jaime will enter the throne room trying to save Tommen from his mother. When he realizes Tommen is dead, Jaime will then go into detail on why he killed Aerys, and Cersei will realize he's there to kill her. Jaime will then strangle the life out of her.

I don't know if it will happen like this, but could see Lady Nym and Tyene murdering him, wrapping his body in Lannister/Targaryen cloaks, and presenting him to Aegon. Would be a poetic end that could be consistent with the Sand Snakes' motives.

I want that, but instead of Nym and Tyene I want it to be Mace and Randyll presenting his and Cersei's bodies to Aegon.

Stannis is an attainted traitor. Myrcella is next in line. I suspect Tommen will be (is?) poisoned.

the iron throne can not pass through or to a woman so no it cant be myrcella i never thought about who would suceed tommen it would be stannis by right to bad he didnt know about the golden shroud prophecey or he couldve just waited for cersies children to die on there own.

None of the above.

I think the Faith Militant will murder him in revenge for Cersei ordering them to be suppressed after she survives the trial by combat.

Tomen's death has to be Cersei's fault and creating the faith militant is the last blunder she can commit. Alternatively it could be the bank of Braavos hiring the Faceless Men after Cersei doesn't pay up on the debt but that seems a little less likely.

Tommen's death means the crown would pass to Myrcella, not Stannis. Even if Myrcella was out of the picture I'm quite certain Margaery would miraculously turn up pregnant with Tommen's child. For that matter even if Myrcella wasn't out of the picture. It's the only way the Tyrells can hold on to their claim on the throne.

I want that, but instead of Nym and Tyene I want it to be Mace and Randyll presenting his and Cersei's bodies to Aegon.

To each their own! I'm just glad the recognition that poetic justice against the Lannisters is possible now with an Aegon bearing down on KL transcends ~house preference~, lol :thumbsup:

I guess it is that Dornish master-at-arms Cersei hires: a disguised Darkstar.

Ahh I had forgotten about that! This would be good too.

It'll be related to Aegon, however it goes. On that I would put money.

I don't know if it will happen like this, but could see Lady Nym and Tyene murdering him, wrapping his body in Lannister/Targaryen cloaks, and presenting him to Aegon. Would be a poetic end that could be consistent with the Sand Snakes' motives.

I would anticipate something like that.

It would probably be seen through Arianne's point of view. Arianne is not a murderer of children, and she'd probably be dismayed, wondering what the hell she's got into.

I would anticipate something like that.

It would probably be seen through Arianne's point of view. Arianne is not a murderer of children, and she'd probably be dismayed, wondering what the hell she's got into.

Definitely, I could see something like that happening. Arianne spoilers chapter... spoiler:

If she makes it to Aegon at Storm's End and gets caught up in the campaign before being able to return to Sunspear, we could for sure see her arrive at KL after Aegon takes it and witness the presentation. JonCon might be the first choice for a conquering-of-King's Landing POV, but Arianne would be great too.

the iron throne can not pass through or to a woman so no it cant be myrcella i never thought about who would suceed tommen it would be stannis by right to bad he didnt know about the golden shroud prophecey or he couldve just waited for cersies children to die on there own.

This was targaryen succession. They had their own thing going on due to events that took place in their history (Jaehaerys's decision, great council, dance of the dragons).

Baratheon have followed the andal way. With the first son inheriting. If there is no son left to inherit the female child will get it before her uncle.

So the succession for the iron throne has gone Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella, Stannis and then Renly.

Archived