(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

Your weekly Positive Nitpicking thread. Remember to keep your responses to what you liked only, thanks.

Wow...what an episode. Where to start, really? I will keep it to five, but that's going to be hard.

1. Jon kills a White Walker with Valyrian Steel!!!!

2. The Night's King confirmed!

3. HOLY SH** that battle sequence was amazing!

4. Tormund just bludgeoning Rattleshirt.

5. Wun Wun!!

LOL, yeah, they all center around Hardhome...but just wow...I'm stunned. Truly stunned.

What about you?

The whole Hardhome sequence. Jon's meeting with the Wildling chieftains, Tormund putting down the nosy Wildling to the ground, Wun Wun, Jon killing the White walker with Longclaw, The attack of the Wights, Night's King bringing the dead Wildlings back to life

Cersei in prison.

Dany/Tyrion conversations

Theon finally admitting to Sansa that he didn't kill Bran and Rickon

Everything about Hardhome...:atmosphere was spot on,score amazing,intense negotiations,fight scenes were cool,even skeletons...Daznak's pit should be even better.

Dany/Tyrion convo

Wun Wun!!!My favourite.

This episode was the best one,but these upcoming will be even better.

I was like, "the boat'as gone, how's Wun gonna get away?"

He just literally walks into the sea while throwing guys off him. zero fucks given.

Ha yes.

Wun Wun existing was just enough for me.

Jon nukes White Walker with Longclaw.

Arya's stuff. So nice to see Braavos.

Tyrion's snark at Dany.

Hardhome being a lot of fun.

Edd.

dany and tyrion conversation...glad that it was good

sam telling jon will comeback he laways comesback

the look of jon and WW when the ice didnt shatter the longclaw

That was great. Loved seeing the walker react and then take a second to actually believe what it saw had actually happened.

Hardhome was incredible but some of the smaller scenes were just as compelling for me. Like, Sansa finally learning about her brothers (and Sophie is continuing to nail it). And Cersei holding onto her attitude but then licking water off the floor. And Tyrion and Dany together were as fantastic as imagined. Also I'm really happy/hoping that now we can rest assured that Edd won't betray Jon. Oh - and Wun Wun! This is such a little thing but I really hope he is still a vegetarian. That was one of my favorite little details, especially GRRM describing him tearing into the turnips.

Everything at Hardhome was awesome, but some good stuff that stuck out

- Tormund beating the shit out of/killing Rattleshirt

- That cool ominous shot of the Others on the hill

- Jon killing the WW

- The final 2 minutes. The Night's King reanimating every crow and wildling his army just easily slaughtered and Jon just standing their in utter awe and despair. Like "How the fuck are we gonna deal with this?"

the look of jon and WW when the ice didnt shatter the longclaw

:agree:

Well. I liked pretty much everything this time around, if you don't count Olly. Uhhh but I guess I'll do a top 5 to narrow it down. In no particular order:

1. The end scene of this episode was dread heaped upon dread. I'm so excited we're finally getting more WW reveals since it's been sparse in the books.

2. Sansa learns her brothers are alive. I'm glad at how that played out and that she gave Theon some shit before he spilled the beans. What I really wanted to see though was what happened afterward with him... if anything inside him shook.

3. Tyrion/Dany conversations. Though more and more I'm finding fault with Dany's portrayal... she seems so emotionless compared to her book counterpart. Even so these scenes were very enjoyable and about what I expect from these two characters meeting up.

4. "The work continues." Also nice nod at Kevan being called back to KL. I have a feeling he's not the only man person who will be returning to the capital by finale time. :cool4:

5. Cersei licking water off the floor, and her rage-filled scream at one point were great. Kudos to Lena.

Everything in Hardhome. From Tormund shutting Rattleshirt up, to the most epic ending of an episode in years with the horrified Jon staring at the CONFIRMED Night King.

Tyrion and Dany was excellent. Cersei clearly starting to break was great as well.

Did I mention Hardhome?

Archived