"For the Watch"? (Spoilers)

nborders

I only called certain forum members liars after I have proven that the picture of Tyrion in the Pit is fake, and after these certain forum members started to insult me, just like you are doing right now.

That's not how several of us remember it. Nor, am I insulting you. Pointing out that you were wrong, is not an insult. I have not thrown verbal insults toward you, which you liberally did to others. But to each, his own and I won't discuss the matter further.

That's not how several of us remember it. Nor, am I insulting you. Pointing out that you were wrong, is not an insult. I have not thrown verbal insults toward you, which you liberally did to others. But to each, his own and I won't discuss the matter further.

Well if you want, you can link to the thread in question, so that we can see who first started with harsh language.

Yes that seems obvious, but too obvious?

I am wondering if Sam's interaction will Olly either dissuaded him from animosity, or bolstered an assassination attempt. I was fixed on Olly until that scene.

Thorne - I say yes any day, but I am not certain now. When Jon made him 1st Ranger, Thorne seems to have a change of heart....key words "seems". I won't be surprised if he leads the attack, but at the same time I will not be surprised if he swallows the pill and accepts the reasoning behind Jon's move. Thorne is a bit of an asshat at times, but he is no idiot. I guess it depends on how AT receives the HH information. He will be privy to the meeting, and he may see the light there. Those lower members who just arrived, however, might only see vengeance.

The problem with Thorne being a part of it, would make him appear deceitful, being that Jon made him 1st Ranger, which would not be wise if he expects to be the next Lord Commander. Remember when Joer Mormont was killed. The killers ended up being fugitives. It was not looked upon as a great act even though many of Mormont's decisions were unpopular. I think Bowen Marsh and the rest of the culprits are imprisoned by Thorne, and as a result Thorne will take command of the Nights Watch... unofficially.

I wonder how they will bypass this. My guess is that they will not end on a cliffhanger and add parts from WoW, or they will have to just pretend KH doesn't exist anymore until the episode that he appears in.

The problem with pretending that he does not exist is that with so many eyes and so many hands, someone is bound to blurt out "Don't worry KH is filming for S6".

Or they simply do not care and will just carry on as usual, but that sort of makes the scene useless. In the books a cliffhanger won't be spoiled by weird stuff like cast line-ups, etc. If it ends on a cliffhanger, it ends and we wait for the next book. And that is how literature works. But on tv, the same effect would be lost, I think, so I am curious to see how they cope with it.

"OMG Jon died....riot." Two months later: "Oh Jon did not die, he is filming in Russia for scenes beyond the wall"...."WTF". I don't envy D&D for this particular scene.

As much as I hate this, I would have to argue that in order to not come off as ridiculously cheesy or poorly played, D&D will have to add stuff from WoW and the big shocker is not Jon's attack, but his big reveal.

i think by the time they start filming season 6, the TWOW will already have been released.

The problem with Thorne being a part of it, would make him appear deceitful, being that Jon made him 1st Ranger, which would not be wise if he expects to be the next Lord Commander. Remember when Joer Mormont was killed. The killers ended up being fugitives. It was not looked upon as a great act even though many of Mormont's decisions were unpopular. I think Bowen Marsh and the rest of the culprits are imprisoned by Thorne, and as a result Thorne will take command of the Nights Watch... unofficially.

This is a possibility too...I was just thinking from the perspective that the show wants the stabbers to be recognizable and "shocking", hence why they must show Olly's reaction to EVERYTHING lol.

But it might just be that outside of Olly, it's Marsh and the 2 rapists. Or Olly is one of the "good ones" and ends up deciding not to stab Jon.

Either way, I think end game is Jon gets stabbed (after getting wildlings through) and that leads to mutiny/end of the Night's Watch. The Others will be getting past the Wall, and the book has gone to great lengths to show how decrepit the Night's Watch has become.

Considering it has been said by actors that Episode 10 of this season will "Break the Internet" the Jon stabbing is almost 100% happening. THe only other possibility is Lady Stoneheart. To be honest, with the episode title, I think it's a distant possibility we get both.

I don't think either of those would "break the internet". None of those are "Red Wedding" levels of shock.

I think the "break the internet" moment will be the Kingsmoot. I don't like it, but I've come to accept it.

I don't think either of those would "break the internet". None of those are "Red Wedding" levels of shock.

I think the "break the internet" moment will be the Kingsmoot. I don't like it, but I've come to accept it.

I figured the "break the internet" moment would be Cersei's walk of shame. People love them some nudity, especially when the actress has never done a nude scene before.

Last night I asked my husband, who has not read the books, what he thought about Olly. He said that he didn't really care one way or the other about the kid, and saw him an audience stand-in for when Jon or Sam need to explain their reasoning. To him, Olly is a blank wall, and a necessary evil of trying to adapt complex plot for just ten episodes per season. The mutiny is going to take my husband completely by surprise, let alone any part Olly might play in it.

They could always claim to be filming Jon flashbacks. They have that option now.

For what purpose? What could Bran see Jon doing that would have any significance?

This is a possibility too...I was just thinking from the perspective that the show wants the stabbers to be recognizable and "shocking", hence why they must show Olly's reaction to EVERYTHING lol.

But it might just be that outside of Olly, it's Marsh and the 2 rapists. Or Olly is one of the "good ones" and ends up deciding not to stab Jon.

Either way, I think end game is Jon gets stabbed (after getting wildlings through) and that leads to mutiny/end of the Night's Watch. The Others will be getting past the Wall, and the book has gone to great lengths to show how decrepit the Night's Watch has become.

Isn't the wall impenetrable by WW's?

i think by the time they start filming season 6, the TWOW will already have been released.

They are already writing the scripts.

Meaning that even if it is released by then, it would have no impact on the show itself other than what Martin has already given the showrunners.

For what purpose? What could Bran see Jon doing that would have any significance?

This. We've seen everything of significance that Jon does already...there's nothing else that he could possibly film other than regular stuff.

Which makes me wonder how they will handle the betrayal...will it be obvious that he's dead, obvious that he's alive, or something else completely?

And I don't think they are going to worry about people finding stuff out during filming next season...they have enough to worry about without worrying about things that are out of their control.

This. We've seen everything of significance that Jon does already...there's nothing else that he could possibly film other than regular stuff.

Which makes me wonder how they will handle the betrayal...will it be obvious that he's dead, obvious that he's alive, or something else completely?

And I don't think they are going to worry about people finding stuff out during filming next season...they have enough to worry about without worrying about things that are out of their control.

For this reason, I have the suspicion that FTW will play out entirely. Or the scene will end the same way, but instead of Jon laying face down in a "pool" of frozen blood, Jon will be sitting there with a smoking wound with everyone looking at him with a WTF expression....then black. That way they can stay someone true to the text, but not cause confusion when Kit starts filming.

Just a guess.

does anyone think that stoneheart will show up in 10? I read where Michelle Fairley was credited with a role in 10 as a "hooded woman". Now it's entirely possible that's a hoax, but if they did that it could allow them to kill Jon and go into the off season with that hanging out there, is he dead is he not which I would think is the desired result right? I mean at this point the show and unsullied have zero reason to believe anyone can come back, and it might be confusing when they hear Kit is filming in season 6.

But what do I know, I'm just a caveman.

For this reason, I have the suspicion that FTW will play out entirely. Or the scene will end the same way, but instead of Jon laying face down in a "pool" of frozen blood, Jon will be sitting there with a smoking wound with everyone looking at him with a WTF expression....then black. That way they can stay someone true to the text, but not cause confusion when Kit starts filming.

Just a guess.

Or his eyes will go white.

Wonder if the 'bleeding star' will be there, as well, since Wun Wun is there? It would be interesting to see if they keep the semblance of the prophecy in that scene (since we do have the Lightbringer prophecy).

Aaah, so many questions that I never thought I'd have at this point XD I think I'm more excited about this season finale than I've been for any other season finale.

does anyone think that stoneheart will show up in 10? I read where Michelle Fairley was credited with a role in 10 as a "hooded woman". Now it's entirely possible that's a hoax, but if they did that it could allow them to kill Jon and go into the off season with that hanging out there, is he dead is he not which I would think is the desired result right? I mean at this point the show and unsullied have zero reason to believe anyone can come back, and it might be confusing when they hear Kit is filming in season 6.

But what do I know, I'm just a caveman.

I don't trust IMDB for shit when it comes to Lady Stoneheart being on GoT.

I don't beleive that we will see the Pink Letter, the already existent tension would be enough to lead to assassination attempt.

I mean come on, the guy have seen the Night King, the others, the massacre in hardhome, the only thing that he cares right now is the wall and the others. Nothing in the South can grab his attention after all he has been through in the last episode.

We may not get an exact copy of the Pink Letter, but I think we'll get something similar. There was an emphasis on making sure Sansa knew Jon was at the Wall. I mean, Ramsay repeated it 2 or 3 times. There's got to be some reason for that. Either Ramsay has already written some kind of letter, bragging about how he's married to Sansa, or Sansa herself to write a letter to Jon, asking for help of some kind.

Archived