[BOOK SPOILERS] Ice Dragon Sighting

Dearborn

All other considerations aside, The Walkers need a counter to Dany's dragons. They are way, way too susceptible to a fiery aerial attack otherwise.

I think this is a valid argument. It seems like WW themselves are not a huge number, couple of hundred at most maybe thousand but I doubt they are going to be like 10 thousand or more, and we know from what baleron the black dread can do he can roast armies alive, killing couple of hundred WW would be a little too easy for drogon. It all would end too fast and too anti climatic. How long before Sam makes the connection, dragon steel, dragon glass all that is missing is dragon fire, Sam is not that stupid and all those bonding session with Maester Aemon it is only a matter of time before Dany is asked for help.

I have never seen an ice dragon before anywhere not in any show at first I thought it was will look too silly. Come on dragons are traditionally fire monsters that is how it has always been in dragon lore but now ice dragons would be definitely unique. Dany dragons definitely need a challenge and like many are predicting they might all die or atleast two of them either ways Dany will have heart break on her hands.

I have never seen an ice dragon before anywhere not in any show at first I thought it was will look too silly. Come on dragons are traditionally fire monsters that is how it has always been in dragon lore but now ice dragons would be definitely unique. Dany dragons definitely need a challenge and like many are predicting they might all die or atleast two of them either ways Dany will have heart break on her hands.

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/artwork/wow-wrath/cin-03-full.jpg

cooooooool that beats drogon

do u think bran is learning to warg an ice dragon. think about it i have a feeling with tyrion's help and advice dany might find a way to control all her three dragons and subject them to the will of their riders whoever they are. but the ice dragon is still too formidable blood raven has seen the future and knows they are screwed, and all his signalling bran that he will fly one day is him teaching bran to actually warg an ice dragon. i am thinking the ice dragon is already being controlled by the white walkers to do their bidding, what if bran has to take control of the ice dragon from the white walkers imagine how powerful bran has to be if he is going to mind challenge from sitting under a tree a white whalker. WW might just be the most powerful wargs because they don't control one thing they control thousands of wights so their warging power is unchallenged, but Bragn is repeatedly told he can do things no one can making him extra special.

I've read this IceBrandon stuff along with everything else I can find on Ice Dragons and GRRM in the last day or so. There is massive evidence that ice dragons will some into play somehow. It seems inevitable, but it's too soon to know exactly how.

I think it's possible that it goes all the way up to Winter itself being manifest as a gigantic Ice Dragon, as indicated in the constellation whose blue eye serves as Planetos' north star, the cold pool at Winterfell, the name Winterfell itself, and other stuff. There's definitely a meta-level to this, as I am bringing info from GRRM's Ice Dragon story and the "World of" into the equation along with ideas about what the show would do, on top of Zapruderizing the show footage.

I think ASoIaF's Ice Dragon(s) will be of a different nature than the Fire Dragons - more of an elemental object than an animal that eats and grows and such as the Fire Dragons do.

I don't see any dragon, no matter how hard I try. And if this was the intent, then it's another stupid plot hole. If a dragon was at hardhome, why didnt it make itself more present. The wights had a hard time trying to get through the wall. A dragon would have made quick work of everyone.

This is a clear NOPE.

I don't see any dragon, no matter how hard I try. And if this was the intent, then it's another stupid plot hole. If a dragon was at hardhome, why didnt it make itself more present. The wights had a hard time trying to get through the wall. A dragon would have made quick work of everyone.

This is a clear NOPE.

It was at Hardhome, you just have to look reaaaaaaaaalllll close :drunk:

There is nothing wrong with the Others having undead dragons at their disposal - remember that dragons were everywhere once.

In the show, they can re-animate scary, spooky (cough) skeletons - so the bones of some long undead dragon do not seem out of place if we take that into account.

There is nothing wrong with the Others having undead dragons at their disposal - remember that dragons were everywhere once.

In the show, they can re-animate scary, spooky (cough) skeletons - so the bones of some long undead dragon do not seem out of place if we take that into account.

That would be pretty great. But would there be any dragon bones in the far north?

That would be pretty great. But would there be any dragon bones in the far north?

Everywhere includes The Lands of Always Winter :)

I get the feeling that dragons were something human blood magic summoned into the world from Asshai and, that pre Long Night, dragons were a bit out of control on Planetos. The Long Night may well have been a dragon directed extinction event - which kind of broke the planet climatically at the same time. End result would be dragon corpses all over the shop though.

Also, during the Long Night, the Others came a long way south. So they could have just reanimated a dead dragon in the south and taken it back north with them.

TBH, I was expecting to see an ice dragon(or a ice spider at the very least) everytime the wildings+Jon was looking up at the sky/mountains. The shot just made it seem like you're supposed to see something up there. Especially when that avalanche came. But yeah, there was an avalanche so I and everyone just assumes that was what they were showcasing, an avalanche. But maybe it's just a misdirection?

There was more than a mist, though. There was thunder mingled with an odd noise, and a big avalanche that started where "the dragon" is allegedly seen and progresses to the right, in the direction "the dragon" appears to be flying. There is also a strong wind pushing the snow. And the cold wind seems to kill everyone instantly, which we haven't seen before. But in the "World of" description of Ice Dragons, it says their breath is believed to kill people in half a heartbeat.

Here's an interesting book reference, about the Ice Dragon constellation:

--"Thunder rumbled softly in the distance, but above him the clouds were breaking up. Jon searched the sky until he found the Ice Dragon, then turned the mare north for the Wall and Castle Black"--

The noises and avalanche could have been caused by the hordes of wights.

The shape does have a dragonlike silhouette, but at this point we can at best think of it as an easter egg. However, it would make sense for the White Walkers to have at least one ice dragon to counteract Dany's. Otherwise, a battle with the undead would be pretty one-sided.

This is a clear NOPE.

Maybe they didn't use it just to have an ace up their sleeve? As showrunners said it wasn't even battle, it was already a massacre. Wights won with ease.

Hope so.

Hope Ice Spiders make appearances too.

Don't work yourselves into an excited frenzy though. Honestly if an Ice Dragon was meant to be teased here, it'd be a lot more obvious. How many shots of Olly looking disgruntled have we gotten?

Edit: Although the next episode is titled "Dance of the Dragons". Perhaps we will see a big Ice Dragon reveal at the end in Hardhome, building for the inevitable showdown between him and Drogon. That'd be interesting.

Don't work yourselves into an excited frenzy though. Honestly if an Ice Dragon was meant to be teased here, it'd be a lot more obvious. How many shots of Olly looking disgruntled have we gotten?

Indeed, that scene was probably not meant to be an ice dragon.

But the idea of Others having frozen undead dragons, the same as the idea of Bran skinchanging into one, is logically consistent with what we know about the ASoIaF universe. Dragons were not always the specific province of Targaryens, the Valyrians just lucked out and found the few that were left alive after the Long Night. Who knows what dragons were getting up to before the Long Night and what races they were in contact with?

It's a nice find and I would give kudos to the show if it were meant to be a highly subtle hint to the presence of an ice dragon.

I've always considered the ice dragon references in the books to be a self-referential nod to GRRM's children's story rather than it being an actual possible creature of ASOIAF. I could of course be wrong about that and having an ice dragon on their side might even the odds a bit if the Others were to come up against fire-breathing dragons.

Archived