TTTNE 455 - Naked Men Everywhere!

The BlackBear

ETA: Anyway, on another topic, I'm looking to read some Neil Gaiman but have no idea which book to go for. Any recommendations anyone? (Taking a short break from Cornwell once I finish up The Pale Horseman MA - which should be tomorrow. 75% through already :leaving: )

As well as the ones Buck recommended, the Sandman graphic novels (Seasons of Mists, if you want a Lucifer that's closer to the one in Paradise Lost).

Oh my...is that Aidan Quinn. I haven't seen him since he left Being Human...

Almost: Aidan Turner. Being Human was good. He was also in those god awful Hobbit films, he had the inadvisable Dwarf/Elf romance as Kili. And had the dubious honour of uttering the line: 'Aren't you going to search me? I might have anything down my trousers.'

Almost: Aidan Turner. Being Human was good. He was also in those god awful Hobbit films, he had the inadvisable Dwarf/Elf romance as Kili. And had the dubious honour of uttering the line: 'Aren't you going to search me? I might have anything down my trousers.'

He's also in Poldark (I assumed that is what the picture was of actually) on the BBC (dunno if it's still running, I kept meaning to catch up but always seem to forget).

And thanks everyone, for the Neil Gaiman recs. I ended up buying American Gods, Neverwhere and (based on a thread in the lit forums) Snow Glass Apples

He saw Sansa is in Winterfell and thought not being where you're supposed to be is cool new thing all kids do these days...

All I could think of when Sansa was being mauled by Ramsay was 'Dammit Jaime! You are on the wrong end of the continent saving the wrong girl!

LTs are brats. I wish I could smack them. :tantrum: See if ANY of them get called off tomorrow. BRATS!!!!!!!!

That makes me glad that I haven't seen them. I loved this guy as Mitchell!

Congrats BB :cheers: awesome theme.

This one is an oldie but a goody - for you and Koba

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/forum/78000/78987_1290954505944_full.jpg

:drool:

And I will also submit the hottest comic couple (yes comics can be hot)

http://www.fpusadailyplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Saga_15.jpg

Or

http://www.page45.com/world/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SAGA-vol-2.jpg

Neumond, this Aurelie-song will not get out of my head now! WARUM HAST DU MIR EINEN OHRWURM GESCHICKT? :bang: :lol:

In other news, spent most of the day in the Art History museum. Beautiful thing, just overwhelmingly big.

Haha, I'm like 'Dear god, I have to chose a thesis consultant AGAIN?! I just submitted the previous one like yesterday.' I definitely just want to get over having to write another of those horrible things. I guess I don't have an academic drive either. I wonder if I have any drive at all...? :"D

<lalala>

We don't have that in libraries though. We just have a special Children section.

Well obvously you have a strong family drive! :)

And take care of yourself. No chocolate instead of actual meals, you hear that, young lady? :whip:

:P

Hmmm, I do not even remember if libraries actually have the sections divided by numbers (ages) or just by the level of learning ... but I guess that mosrly corresponds to the ages anyway.

:rofl:

He's also in Poldark (I assumed that is what the picture was of actually) on the BBC (dunno if it's still running, I kept meaning to catch up but always seem to forget).

And thanks everyone, for the Neil Gaiman recs. I ended up buying American Gods, Neverwhere and (based on a thread in the lit forums) Snow Glass Apples

I have never even heard of that one.

I already had Neverwhere borrowed, but then did not find any time and had to return it. Should get back to that some time.

Neumond, this Aurelie-song will not get out of my head now! WARUM HAST DU MIR EINEN OHRWURM GESCHICKT? :bang: :lol:

In other news, spent most of the day in the Art History museum. Beautiful thing, just overwhelmingly big.

Well obvously you have a strong family drive! :)

And take care of yourself. No chocolate instead of actual meals, you hear that, young lady? :whip:

:P

Hmmm, I do not even remember if libraries actually have the sections divided by numbers (ages) or just by the level of learning ... but I guess that mosrly corresponds to the ages anyway.

I have never even heard of that one.

I already had Neverwhere borrowed, but then did not find any time and had to return it. Should get back to that some time.

Snow Glass Apples is a play Buck, sort of an reworking of Snow White. I followed a rec from the thread over in the literature forum (I think you saw it, the one where someone mentioned Ensel and someone that was not translated to English.) Need to decide when to read it, have a few books to choose from now. I'm debating whether to go for The Night Lands, Snow Glass Apples, or The Hunchback of Notre Damme.

Neverwhere sounds interesting :)

:drool: @ LadyO's pic.

How is everyone today?

Snow Glass Apples is a play Buck, sort of an reworking of Snow White. I followed a rec from the thread over in the literature forum (I think you saw it, the one where someone mentioned Ensel and someone that was not translated to English.) Need to decide when to read it, have a few books to choose from now. I'm debating whether to go for The Night Lands, Snow Glass Apples, or The Hunchback of Notre Damme.

Neverwhere sounds interesting :)

Aha, well I do not remember every book that is mentioned on the forum. ;)

Ensel und Krete is great and it is a real crime that you lot cannot read it. :( You should try something else by Walter Moers some time, I know that City of Dreaming Books is translated for sure, and probably 13 1/2 Lives too.

Aha, well I do not remember every book that is mentioned on the forum. ;)

Ensel und Krete is great and it is a real crime that you lot cannot read it. :( You should try something else by Walter Moers some time, I know that City of Dreaming Books is translated for sure, and probably 13 1/2 Lives too.

Thanks for the recommendation! I shall take a look some time. I'm actually quite big on re workings of fairy tales too, so that thread was great for me :) I've got so much else I want to read though *sigh* luckily it's a very long summer :D August is quite a big month for new releases for me actually, there are several books I'll be buying then that will just have been released (a rarity for me. Usually I don't buy new books). And yes, one of those is of course Fool's Quest :p I should also check when Joe Abercrombie's next book is out. I have a vague memory that he was releasing two this year.

Pup is worn out, poor fella. I think I have walked the legs off him. Though I'm sure if I give him an hour he will be back up and ready to go again!

Made scones again today, cheese this time. They are not for us though, they are for my Aunt and Uncle. They smell good though.

Coffee is brewing, time to put up my feet and read some more of my book. Have a good afternoon all.

Must be the best cast to work with.

I made the mistake of looking at supernatural deviant art once :o

Hey LadyO, how are you and the spawn?

I'm up to Season 2 now... 6 days! \o/

You asked a while ago if Penny Dreadful was on Netflix. Well, no, it's not. It is on Amazon Prime, ITunes, Google Play and some other stuff though.

Archived