TTTNE 455 - Naked Men Everywhere!

The BlackBear

Welcome back!

Thank you! It's good to be back!

Milady always a pleasure :) Btw I'm doing a mega re-watch of Star Trek and I can't wait to burn trough TNG and move on to DS9 I want me some Dr. Basheer.

Good luck with Germany project. Fingers crossed.

Thank you!

I spent my Easter rewatching DS9. Methinks that those grey hair make him one of the best siverfoxes in the TV and cinema.

My King Dowager, Lany Cassandra, RB, Helaena, Midaly, Bex, Knight of Ashes, Lady O, Queen Buck, ab aeterno, rocksniffer; http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln0vqmMjsA1qh17feo1_500.gif

Thank you! It's good to be back!

Thank you!

I spent my Easter rewatching DS9. Methinks that those grey hair make him one of the best siverfoxes in the TV and cinema.

My King Dowager, Lany Cassandra, RB, Helaena, Midaly, Bex, Knight of Ashes, Lady O, Queen Buck, ab aeterno, rocksniffer; http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln0vqmMjsA1qh17feo1_500.gif

Welcome back, JQC! :cheers:

Hello, Helena! :kiss:

Hello, ab and hello, rocksniffer! =o)

Somebody in the GoT forums suggested that the heartfelt scene was included to show that Shireen is the only person Stannis has love for and he's even willing to sacrifice the only person he loves for the good of humanity. I find this a creative idea though I strongly disagree with it, but it seemed like something the creators may have had in mind. Then I watched inside episode 9 where D&D addressed the question of burning Shireen as a choice between family and ambition. They used this exact word (ambition) which made me feel like they also don't believe that Stannis is doing what he is doing for the greater good, they also believe that he's doing it for himself (like I do). At the same time, I never for a moment believed that D&D make any show and plot and character related change and dialogue and scene to spite and troll and piss off fans. Even if it turns out this way, that was definitely not their intention. They run this show they want to creat a show that the audience likes, they wouldn't put millions of dollars into something only to troll GRRM's fans. Every change they make if a change they see fit and necessary to make the story suitable for screen and channel their interpretation of the original story. And we may disagree with the changes, have different interpretations, point out mistakes in directing and screenwriting, but that doesn't mean they are the bad guys. I'm not implying that you said they are bad guys, this is just where the original thought ended up.

Btw, it's been confirmed that GRRM WILL burn Shireen as well, so D&D should take blame for neither the concept of child sacrifice, nor the fact that Shireen dies.

Rhae, i love your posts and inputs...just wanted to say that ;)

yes i saw the comments on inside epi, i wonder if they are using word ambition kinda loosely cause stannis' ambition is to fulfill his destiny as he believes it has written, in my opinion, and not just to be king cause his brother was.. but to fight the coming darkness no matter the costs. and to illustrate they they had to show him loving her so that it would mean something...else it is just madness...but i understand and respect that you see it as purely selfserving...because afterall it is, but i think when it serves him it serves the greater good in his mind. stannis' sense of selfworth is wrapped up in this god-like prophesy...which i think he is going to go truly mad when he finds out he is just a man grasping for something he can't achieve. i am not a fan of stannis...as i support the three headed dragon who ever that turns out to be...hahahahahah

and hey i completely agree that d&d are doing a job making a commodity to sell...and it is working GoT has become part of pop culture, references turn up in the most unlikely places and that is a result of the show...not the original publications...as i have said in other posts, i am a fan of the show just as i am of the books, in my mind one does not negate the other. from your posts i assume you feel the same.

i have been hanging out in show forums and see the others who just want to bash everything about it...but that is just people acting out...i especially wonder about the ones who think that adapting means transcribing into video...i like many of d&d's interpretations and compressions...sure some are stupid or senseless to me, but i heard grrm say out his own mouth in charlotte last year, that he even thought some of the streamlining as he called it worked as well as his own, some more, some less. as is true with any adaptation. and i gotta admit, i think affc/adwd is too filled with shit i found it hard to care about...i mean kill me but i am glad sansa is in winterfell and vale stuff was cut...it was boring to me...sorry...i know i am on an island alone...but i am glad...just sorry she didn't wheel around and bite ramseys dick off...sorry again if that was too crude... :blushing:

i just wish my tv could compensate for the dark lighting, and i know it is set-accurate for the time period, but shit i am an old fart and can't half see... ;)

Rhae, i love your posts and inputs...just wanted to say that ;)

yes i saw the comments on inside epi, i wonder if they are using word ambition kinda loosely cause stannis' ambition is to fulfill his destiny as he believes it has written, in my opinion, and not just to be king cause his brother was.. but to fight the coming darkness no matter the costs. and to illustrate they they had to show him loving her so that it would mean something...else it is just madness...but i understand and respect that you see it as purely selfserving...because afterall it is, but i think when it serves him it serves the greater good in his mind. stannis' sense of selfworth is wrapped up in this god-like prophesy...which i think he is going to go truly mad when he finds out he is just a man grasping for something he can't achieve. i am not a fan of stannis...as i support the three headed dragon who ever that turns out to be...hahahahahah

and hey i completely agree that d&d are doing a job making a commodity to sell...and it is working GoT has become part of pop culture, references turn up in the most unlikely places and that is a result of the show...not the original publications...as i have said in other posts, i am a fan of the show just as i am of the books, in my mind one does not negate the other. from your posts i assume you feel the same.

i have been hanging out in show forums and see the others who just want to bash everything about it...but that is just people acting out...i especially wonder about the ones who think that adapting means transcribing into video...i like many of d&d's interpretations and compressions...sure some are stupid or senseless to me, but i heard grrm say out his own mouth in charlotte last year, that he even thought some of the streamlining as he called it worked as well as his own, some more, some less. as is true with any adaptation. and i gotta admit, i think affc/adwd is too filled with shit i found it hard to care about...i mean kill me but i am glad sansa is in winterfell and vale stuff was cut...it was boring to me...sorry...i know i am on an island alone...but i am glad...just sorry she didn't wheel around and bite ramseys dick off...sorry again if that was too crude... :blushing:

i just wish my tv could compensate for the dark lighting, and i know it is set-accurate for the time period, but shit i am an old fart and can't half see... ;)

Thank you, that's very kind :)

Well, let's agree that we disagree about Stannis. That's fine. Everybody has their own interpretations. I actually wonder if Stannis will live to find out that he is not Azor Ahai and will have to face the truth that he is as average as the next nobleman in Westeros.

As for D&D, I agree. There are a lot of their things I like, a lot I'm indifferent about and a lot that I don't like. They have their own interpretations too. And since they are producing the adaptation, the adaptation will obviously follow their interpretation, which is just right. If I were in their shoes, I would have the adaptation follow my interpretation as well. And I find it really sad and pathetic when people bash their work without even trying to understand it or appreciate the parts that are worthy of appreciation. And if somebody hates this show so much, why not stop watching? I've been there, I've done it, I've been the person who watched or read something only so I could bash it. But I was a 16 year-old teen and thankfully, I grew out of it. Don't we grow out of it?

And yeah, there are a lot of things that I don't like in the show, and also there were a lot of things that I didn't like in the books. There were a lot of things I was bored with (D&D made my year cutting the Greyjoys). That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the books or I can't enjoy the show.

So that's been another glorious day spent on Game of Thrones rather than studying... *facepalm* :lol:

I also had to google "dowager" now ... seems to me that google thinks it is only used on women. Odd.

When I hear the word, I mostly think of the dowager countess from Downton Abbey.

I also had to google "dowager" now ... seems to me that google thinks it is only used on women. Odd.

When I hear the word, I mostly think of the dowager countess from Downton Abbey.

I came across that word during the time I read a lot about Chinese history. The Empress dowager. Tzu Hsi (spelling?) at the time of the last emperor Pu Yi.

Rocksniffer...Thursday is good. What kind of food do you like?

For some reason, this has floated forth to take over my cerebral cortex in the last 30 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvlKzEhAaE

Maybe I need to quit flirting with the fish guy at Fresh Market :p

Still reeling from the show last night. SMH

Thanks for the hugs, Rhae! :grouphug:

Bex - good luck with the social worker. :grouphug:

Here's the cake - it's a golden snitch! : https://www.facebook.com/christine.rake/posts/10205804739172184?pnref=story

I made it public this time so everyone should be able to see it. She really outdid herself. :bowdown: It has a metallic gold finish and is completely edible (wings included). I have the most amazingly talented friends. It is known.

Have a great night, spammers. :kiss:

For some reason, this has floated forth to take over my cerebral cortex in the last 30 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvlKzEhAaE

Maybe I need to quit flirting with the fish guy at Fresh Market :P

all kinds ...i am going to be fishing in the morning but i will call pm me your digits, if you want as i don't have a smart phone or internet access

afternoon all, or evening for KT and everyone farther east than me :)

...i am sweating for food...working the garden but had to stop...and come into the blessed air conditioned living room...and cold beverages :cheers:

Lady O - summer school sucks the only way they got me to go the times i had to was to station some cops (or aunties) around to head me off...summer is for fishing, skinny-dipping and ...well fishing :leer: :leer:

and to my beloved Queen Bucky... don't click...i am using bears advice and labeling them clearly as show related so ...just say no... ;)

hey i am with you about dragging today i stayed up north of the wall till 2 or 3...way past this old farts bedtime

this spoiler concerns the show!

i agree, i think jamie and company will return to KL and the events there will send him looking for brienne, sending him closer to his real path...however i am slightly convinced that sansa may be going to die and become LS...so we shall see. but i think this trip to dorne just saved them having to introduce new characters, and when they get home i bet cersei becomes enraged about him agreeing (guaranteeing) trys a place on small council.

Interesting theory about LS ... I can see that happening.

So the cops were there because this particular school has an SDC class and an ED (emotionally disturbed) class. We have several students that have anger/impulse/aggression issues. And one student tends to go on violent rampages. This morning he took it out on the library. He tore down shelves, threw chairs and tables. And knowing this students personal history, it's understandable. I'm always amazed at how much some of the students have endured in such a short life :(

Then I had two first graders come to my office because they were caught touching/rubbing each other's privates. Like I said, it's never dull. But I love my silly job.

For some reason, this has floated forth to take over my cerebral cortex in the last 30 minutes.

Maybe I need to quit flirting with the fish guy at Fresh Market :p

Never stop flirting with the fish guy :leer:

Still reeling from the show last night. SMH

Thanks for the hugs, Rhae! :

Bex - good luck with the social worker. :

Here's the cake - it's a golden snitch! :https://www.facebook.com/christine.rake/posts/10205804739172184?pnref=story

I made it public this time so everyone should be able to see it. She really outdid herself. :bowdown: It has a metallic gold finish and is completely edible (wings included). I have the most amazingly talented friends. It is known.

Have a great night, spammers. :

Awesome cake!!! Wish I could take a bite :drool:

Archived