Implications of Barriston's absence [Book/Show Spoilers]

Southron Gourd

With Barristan out of the picture already on the show, he won't be around to lead the army in the Battle of Mereen. Did they introduce Tyrion to Dany so quickly to set him up as the strategic military commander instead (a la Blackwater)? That would certainly fit the St Tyrion character they've been constructing.

Also, who will take on the role of "Kingbreaker" in the series? Daario?

With Barriston out of the picture already on the show, he won't be around to lead the army in the Battle of Mereen. Did they introduce Tyrion to Dany so quickly to set him up as the strategic military commander instead (a la Blackwater)? That would certainly fit the St Tyrion character they've been constructing. Also, who will take on the role of "Kingbreaker" in the series? Daario?

If you are right, this will propel GoT past fan fiction into a full-blown satire of ASOIAF.

I don't think there will be a battle in Mereen. It would be expensive and quite unnecessary considering nobody really cares about Mereen. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a battle in King's Landing by team Dany in season 6. That's a fight people are waiting to see. Save the money for that.

Yeh theres been no build up to a battle in Meeren at all. If they come up with a bullshit battle I will be so pissed. Just have Tyrion, Jorah and Daario quell the Harpies and then Dany returns, packs her shit and heads to Westeros Ep.5 of S.6

With Barriston out of the picture already on the show, he won't be around to lead the army in the Battle of Mereen. Did they introduce Tyrion to Dany so quickly to set him up as the strategic military commander instead (a la Blackwater)? That would certainly fit the St Tyrion character they've been constructing.

Also, who will take on the role of "Kingbreaker" in the series? Daario?

why do you keep saying Battle of Mereen when there is no the siege of Mereen ? And it looks like you still care about the TV show plots, uh, interesting, very interesting

Given how much D&D like to hand-wave logic, all the necessary characters after this episode could be teleported to Westeros at the beginning of the next season and we would be expected to forget that there was a continent called Essos all together without tying any loose ends.

Given how much D&D like to hand-wave logic, all the necessary characters after this episode could be teleported to Westeros at the beginning of the next season and we would be expected to forget that there was a continent called Essos all together without tying any loose ends.

To be honest, given what we've seen of Essos forgetting it exists doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

If A+J=T, then maybe Ser Barristan knew that, and in order for GRRM/D&D to keep that secret, Barry had to die before he encounters Tyrion.

Or they simply kill Barristan to make room for Tyrion as adviser. It was the easiest option from their point of view. Just imagine Barry, Tyrion, Daario, Jorah and GW.That's a really big council. GW represents Unsullied + GW/Missandei romance can continue, Daario will remain her lover and represents Second Sons, Jorah wins her trust and will spread the greyscale in Westeros later on.

Yeh theres been no build up to a battle in Meeren at all. If they come up with a bullshit battle I will be so pissed. Just have Tyrion, Jorah and Daario quell the Harpies and then Dany returns, packs her shit and heads to Westeros Ep.5 of S.6

Yep, I did forget that the show is ignoring the siege completely. In my mind the siege is a given for Mereen in general, but yeah, in the show it's just not going to happen.

Also, I guess with Hizdahr stabbed they won't need to spend any time on confronting him for being in league with the Harpies?

Or they simply kill Barristan to make room for Tyrion as adviser. It was the easiest option from their point of view. Just imagine Barry, Tyrion, Daario, Jorah and GW.That's a really big council. GW represents Unsullied + GW/Missandei romance can continue, Daario will remain her lover and represents Second Sons, Jorah wins her trust and will spread the greyscale in Westeros later on.

That is the most important thing.

why do you keep saying Battle of Mereen when there is no the siege of Mereen ? And it looks like you still care about the TV show plots, uh, interesting, very interesting

Of course people here are interested in the TV SHOW plots. This is the "Game of Thrones: The HBO TV Series" section.

GrrM should also do that. How many pages, how much time was wasted there and book Dany still isn't even near to coming to Westeros..

GrrM should also do that. How many pages, how much time was wasted there and book Dany still isn't even near to coming to Westeros..

I think the whole point is that Dany will ultimately be convinced of not going to Westeros and rule Essos instead. Tyrion even suggested that on episode 8 and Dany has thoughts about it on her book POVs.

Archived