Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

At this point, I think Ramsay's twenty good men could easily take Dany's Unsullied. Since all they do is fight one on one rather than as a unit and with spear acrobatics rather than thrusting from behind massed shields, it would be a cakewalk. Game over if Ramsay's dogs show up.

The only way for this show!Dorne to makes even a lick of sense would be if they did "It was all a dream". Bronn was a bit too slow so that snake bit Jaime. And everything we have seen so far have just been Jaime's halucinations. :idea:

If pink elephant and dragons were to suddenly appear; it would make as much sense as anything we had in show!Dorne so far.

Did anyone else feel like they were watching a CW show when the camera was focused only on Myrcella and Trystane? Her dress/hairstyle plus their postures/attitude problems seemed so out of place.

Not to mention them having Jaime do the whole, "Your dress is too revealing." lame dad thing, because that was obviously too crucial of an exchange to pass up.

You guys, Shireen talked about the Dance of Dragons and Dany rode off on a Dragon. ANDDD one of the books is named Dance with Dragons. See? D&D are excruciatingly clever in how many layers and nuances even their titles have.

shireen burning was total character assasination of stannis, they could have at least made ramsays attack out to be much worse, to increase the sense of desperation stannis had before succumbing to having to kill his own daughter, and even then people would still be pissed enough, since thats what they were going for, intentionally trying to piss the fans off.

This is so true. Show Stannis has nothing to do with book Stannis now. He didn't have much before ( in the show, from the beginning, he was Mel's bitch) but now it's all gone. Book Stannis is still a man of honour, despite the things he did. Yes he killed his brother who betrayed him and he would have killed his bastard nephew who he knew nothing about. But he wouldn't do that to his daughter, who is his only heir by the way and whom he loves (maybe the only person who he loves). No way. As I said before, even if it happens in the books, it can't be Stannis who does it.

St. Tyrion, hater of blood and rescuer of maidens. Missandei will probably thank him later with bewbs.

Why are the sons of the harpy killing everyone randomly? In fact I think they killed more Meereenese nobles than they did freed slaves.

Ah, good old "toying with your victim before death". I've not seen that since the Mountain and The Viper!

I'll admit Drogons entrance with the music was pretty nice though.

And thus ends Shizdhar zo Loraq, the Friendly Slaver

You guys, Shireen talked about the Dance of Dragons and Dany rode off on a Dragon. ANDDD one of the books is named Dance with Dragons. See? D&D are excruciatingly clever in how many layers and nuances even their titles have.

Get your filthy themes off me you dirty damn book snobs!

Even if you could make a convincing argument that Stannis would burn Shireen, this scene would still be atrocious. Stannis is apparently so utterly committed to becoming King he is willing to burn his only daughter, but just plumb forgets to post sentries around his camp when deep in hostile territory.

I appreciate that budget constraints were to blame for us not seeing Ramsay do his thing, but it's also clear that the sequence in which 20 men cripple an army of six thousand would be ridiculous; it would be Ramsay sneaking around like a ninja whilst Stannis and his men are all asleep, as if in a cartoon.

To argue in favour of this decision or against it is almost pointless - these characters exist to further the plot, not to act and behave as rational human beings.

This is so true. Show Stannis has nothing to do with book Stannis now. He didn't have much before ( in the show, from the beginning, he was Mel's bitch) but now it's all gone. Book Stannis is still a man of honour, despite the things he did. Yes he killed his brother who betrayed him and he would have killed his bastard nephew who he knew nothing about. But he wouldn't do that to his daughter, who is his only heir by the way and whom he loves (maybe the only person who he loves). No way. As I said before, even if it happens in the books, it can't be Stannis who does it.

Stannis was asleep. he dreamt it . Stannis isn't a magic user. Melisandre killed Renly

They raped Sansa, now they are going to turn Arya into a pedo's wet dream to empower her revenge, because we needed more reason for her to want to kill Trant. While at the same time ignoring everything she's worked for in becoming 'A Girl' aka nobody aka certainly not Arya Stark who lies to a man who has been training her about lying. Oh, and of all the things they can work into Arya's Braavos story, its a random dockworker asking her how much for the clam between her legs. Oh look, she ended up in a whorehouse tailing someone who prefers young girls. What a coinky-dink. He said he'll be back tommorrow for a 'fresh' one. ARYA SELLS FRESH CLAMS! ARE WE BEATING THE HORSE ENOUGH YET?

I thought it was consistent. AFFC:

"..the Pentoshi oarsman asked how much she wanted for the clam between her legs, but she fared better at the other ships."

She spends a good portion of her time at brothels as Cat. There is a Lanna there who is more costly exactly because of how young she is. Meryn seems like he's taking some of

Raff's traits. Raff liked Arya who was a child and he was involved in the gangrape of a 13 year old. He likes them young. Arya was also imitating prostitutes when she she killed him.

IA they could have showed other stuff but I think this episode loosely involved concepts that were already in her chapters.

Stannis was asleep. he dreamt it . Stannis isn't a magic user. Melisandre killed Renly

Forgive me, it's been sometime since I read the books, but now that you mention it, I did have the impression that Stannis didn't directly killed Renly or ordered his death. Even if he would have, what I said still stands.

Anybody think that in the next episode Tyrion (despite just coming to Meereen and despite the fact that nobody have any reason to trust him) will take Ser Barristan's role and be Dany's Hand? Or just be very clever and sarcastic and rule / fix something while Dany is away?

Anybody think that in the next episode Tyrion (despite just coming to Meereen and despite the fact that nobody have any reason to trust him) will take Ser Barristan's role and be Dany's Hand? Or just be very clever and sparky and rule / fix something while Dany is away?

Oh I'm sure of it. I mean, to D&D, St.Tyrion may very well be the real star of the show. It's only logical, otherwise he wouldn't be featured in nearly every freaking episode even if he has nothing to do.

why couldnt the harpies throw spears at dany and co. instead of coming at them with knives. why dont they have crossbows longbows etc. why dont unsullied wear proper armor, and why keep using spear when they have a shortsword too.

Anybody think that in the next episode Tyrion (despite just coming to Meereen and despite the fact that nobody have any reason to trust him) will take Ser Barristan's role and be Dany's Hand? Or just be very clever and sarcastic and rule / fix something while Dany is away?

St. Tyrion will get sexy times with Missandei. He rescued her after all!

Oh I'm sure of it. I mean, to D&D, St.Tyrion may very well be the real star of the show. It's only logical, otherwise he wouldn't be featured in nearly every freaking episode even if he has nothing to do.

that i believe has to do with contract

Archived