Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

So Stannis burned Shireen. A loving and doting father who loves his daughter even when the rest of the world despises her, burns her alive. D&D must have had a bankruptcy in their thought process, if they thought THIS is the only way they can show Stannis is a resolute military commander.

So much hurt. So much

I need a hug of Shireen.

For all those hurt and angry at D&D, here is something my doctor recommended me. Hope it helps

Thank you for reminding me of Shireen/Patchface's song. I loved how she sang it on the show, so sweet and creepy.

I hope the Others wash over Westeros like the unrelenting waves of the sea, and Balon Greyjoy the Undying floats alone on a boat, the last living man, King of Everything.

I do think D&D likes Dany. Yes, they've got the character completely wrong but they do sympathize with her. For example, the last scene in this episode, there is no Sons of the Harpy attack in the books just Drogon coming and butchering people. But on the show we have a Sons of the Harpy attack and lo and behold Drogon the wise knows the good guys from the bad. But yes, I agree with D&D's interpretation of Dany's character is messed up. I actually like the progression of Dany in the books but I hate show Dany who's actions make no logical sense.

What progression from the books ? You're making me laugh, the show in fact did alot better with Dany than the books, her finally meeting Tyrion is a proof of that instead of GRRM's lazy story arc around Dany.

Ah you're right. I guess having D&D's love will not save you from the butcher block either. It's the same as being hated by them (Stannis, Jaime, etc.)

I couldn't even watch the scene...thanks for the cute Shireen song :)

It really makes no difference whether they love a character or hate a character, because they are bad writers, bad writers writes bad characters whether it's characters they like or hate.

I just pity The Crow's Eye's character joining the show next April. Omfg, what will they do with him ?

I know, just when we thought he was spared :( please don't bring in Arianne, LSH, Manderly et al. D&D please! Be merciful.

It really makes no difference whether they love a character or hate a character, because they are bad writers, bad writers writes bad characters whether it's characters they like or hate.

Yup, exactly! Having D&D pay any attention to you at all is death to everything that made you three-dimensional, consistent, logical, and interesting. Best to have them ignore you a la Arianne, Manderly, LSH et al (as I mentioned above).

I know, just when we thought he was spared :( please don't bring in Arianne, LSH, Manderly et al. D&D please! Be merciful.

I felt the same way about the Hound, he's my favorite, I wanted him to come back, but now I don't. The Land of the Forgotten Characters is the best place to be.

What progression from the books ? You're making me laugh, the show in fact did alot better with Dany than the books, her finally meeting Tyrion is a proof of that instead of GRRM's lazy story arc around Dany.

While I dont enjoy Dany's story in the books past the first book. Her portrayal in the books is leaps and bounds better then the show......

The show Dany is just horrible.

I just pity The Crow's Eye's character joining the show next April. Omfg, what will they do with him ?

Well, they can't ruin him by making him a rapist like Jaime, an asshole like Ellaria, or a kinslayer like Stannis because he already is all those things

So I guess they'll whitewash him like they did Tyrion and Cersei or make him utterly boring like they did, well, everyone

I felt the same way about the Hound, he's my favorite, I wanted him to come back, but now I don't. The Land of the Forgotten Characters is the best place to be.

Ah yes, the Hound is one of my favorites too. I love Rory but I agree, I don't want to see him back for this very reason.

Well, they can't ruin him by making him a rapist like Jaime, an asshole like Ellaria, or a kinslayer like Stannis because he already is all those things

So I guess they'll whitewash him like they did Tyrion and Cersei or make him utterly boring like they did, well, everyone

This is exactly what's going to happen. He's going to be either really silly and non-threatening (Sand Fakes) or boring and pointless (Doran).

As a Stannis fan for the past three years (from when I read the books) I'm beyond devastated and furious at what has been done to his character in this episode. Character assassination doesn't even begin to describe it. And I was actually really liking his portrayal this season...

It seems like the one thing that D&D really liked about the Winterfell arc was Jeyne Poole's story, so much that they decided to make it Sansa Stark's story instead, so the only thing that this quote about how George told them about "this" thing with Shireen is telling me is that (probably) someone burns Shireen (or maybe some other kid) at some point for some reason and D&D just really like the idea because creatively it makes sense to them.

Until I read in Winds of Winter that Stannis Baratheon gave the order and watched his only child (and the only heir to the claim that he believes is the only legitimate claim to the Iron Throne) burn alive, I'm not convinced by this argument that D&D are following what George told them bout the books exactly. That's not even what they say in the interview. As I said earlier, I'm hardly a Stannis fan, but this is not in-character for either the books or the show for him to burn his only child and heir alive for what is really a minor inconvenience, compared to the horrific condition of his army in the books at this point (where he has surprisingly failed to burn Asha Greyjoy, for example, who also has "king's blood.") So, as with many other things from the books, until further evidence is presented, I'm just going to assume that, while George may have said something about Shireen, D&D totally missed the point. (e.g. the Dorne arc; Cersei's arc; Sansa's arc; Arya's arc ...)

You're probably one of the few people that think Dany is better on the show than in the books. Something called character development happens in the books which is totally absent in the shows. And are you serious about the Tyrion meet up being your evidence for Dany being better on the show? But hey, I'm glad I made you laugh.

He also told them that Ramsay would rape his bride on his wedding night.

You probably think that you're being clever, but please realize that the quoted poster was doubting that even a vague allusion of Shireen's sacrifice was mentioned to D&D by GRRM.

"Hey, I'm just going to compromise our relationship with the writer of my blockbuster's source-material by making up a detail that he said about his upcoming story. That seems like a thing that somebody would do."

^I mean, if that's the sort of mustache-twirler that some of you fans think Benioff is then you might need to re-evaluate your bias against the showrunners.

Archived