Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

I think I saw an unsullied get caught in one of the blasts of fire while he was fighting off the harpies. Also, there was a man without a mask and a woman without a mask... I assumed they were both civilians, and Drogon burned them.

Hurray!

what was the point of stannis refusing mel last episode?!

I think it's supposed to be seen as Stannis being driven to the the sacrifice as a last resort. The army can't move and is running out of supplies. So driven to his absolute limits, Stannis decides to heed Melissandre's suggestion.

The way Dumb and Dumber is interpreting GRRM's books, we'll probably end up rooting for the White Walkers by season 7. At this point, I feel the only characters they care about is Dany, Tyrion and Cersei, which is evident from all the whitewashing going on with their characters on the show. So instead of Cersei being a full blown crazy sociopath, we get a loving mother who's surrounded by conniving and ruthless opponents. D&D has long since said f..k off to the books and book fans and said we are doing this our way -- which means how do we up the shock value season after season. IIRC, Benioff in a recent interview didn't know that Sam is a POV. I just hope GRRM will come out and distance himself from this crap. But I feel he's too much of decent human being to do that.

You think they love Dany?? They've completely butchered her entire storyline this season, and last. They've made her smart, pragmatic, logical, and well thought out sacrifices in the books into incredibly stupid and rash decisions in the show that lead absolutely no where.

Sorry, this isn't directed specifically at you, I'm just upset at the end of the episode as a Dany lover over here :blushing:

But I really love and agree with all of your other points.

I think it's supposed to be seen as Stannis being driven to the the sacrifice as a last resort. The army can't move and is running out of supplies. So driven to his absolute limits, Stannis decides to heed Melissandre's suggestion.

What absolute limits? Stannis is even in a worse spot in the books. People resorted to cannibalism, he's snowbound, he has the treacherous Karstarks ready to stab him on the back, Roose send actual troops to get him (not just twenty men) and yet he beats on, boat against the current, etc, etc

What absolute limits? Stannis is even in a worse spot in the books. People resorted to cannibalism, he's snowbound, he has the treacherous Karstarks ready to stab him on the back, Roose send actual troops to get him (not just twenty men) and yet he beats on, boat against the current, etc, etc

And yet in the books he's not even killed Theon let alone Shireen and is about to bait the Boltons into a battle. Fail.

You think they love Dany?? They've completely butchered her entire storyline this season, and last. They've made her smart, pragmatic, logical, and well thought out sacrifices in the books into incredibly stupid and rash decisions in the show that lead absolutely no where.

Sorry, this isn't directed specifically at you, I'm just upset at the end of the episode as a Dany lover over here :blushing:

Jafar & Iago called Dany and Tyrion "the two best characters," so yes, they do love her. The problem is that their incompetence is overpowering their favoritism. They don't even realize how bad it makes her look when she feeds random hostages to her dragons and constantly harps about burning cities to the ground. They think it's "badass." They're adolescent boys, basically.

So Stannis burned Shireen. A loving and doting father who loves his daughter even when the rest of the world despises her, burns her alive. D&D must have had a bankruptcy in their thought process, if they thought THIS is the only way they can show Stannis is a resolute military commander.

So much hurt. So much

I need a hug of Shireen.

For all those hurt and angry at D&D, here is something my doctor recommended me. Hope it helps

I'm not defending Stannis' decision here. Just pointing out what the implied context is supposed to be.

I wish I could wipe this show from my brain, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-style.

What I hate the most is how it has contaminated my memory of the books. Winds of Winter can't come out soon enough.

I was thinking the same exact thing today. Same movie and everything.

I wish I could forget. Maybe Mr. Spock could do a Vulcan mind meld thing, when Kirk loved and lost, and he said, "Forget."

this was no typical great, Episode 9 episode. This was no Blackwater. Out of the now existing 49 episodes from this show , if I had to rate them all in order, A Dance With Dragons I rate somewhere in between 47 and 49 .. With 1 being The Blackwater . mehh :bang:

Jafar & Iago called Dany and Tyrion "the two best characters," so yes, they do love her. The problem is that their incompetence is overpowering their favoritism. They don't even realize how bad it makes her look when she feeds random hostages to her dragons and constantly harps about burning cities to the ground. They think it's "badass." They're adolescent boys, basically.

Ah you're right. I guess having D&D's love will not save you from the butcher block either. It's the same as being hated by them (Stannis, Jaime, etc.)

So Stannis burned Shireen. A loving and doting father who loves his daughter even when the rest of the world despises her, burns her alive. D&D must have had a bankruptcy in their thought process, if they thought THIS is the only way they can show Stannis is a resolute military commander.

So much hurt. So much

I need a hug of Shireen.

For all those hurt and angry at D&D, here is something my doctor recommended me. Hope it helps

I couldn't even watch the scene...thanks for the cute Shireen song :)

I was thinking the same exact thing today. Same movie and everything.

I wish I could forget. Maybe Mr. Spock could do a Vulcan mind meld thing, when Kirk loved and lost, and he said, "Forget."

Unintended consequences be damned, nothing is worth Sansa and Shireen's screams of pain - all while Jafar & Iago pat themselves on the back and are showered with praise.

I just want to affirm that this is by far the worst season yet.

But just remember, next season is when they really go "off-book" and it's all uncharted territory. At least two scenes this season are apparently straight out of the books, even if they are completely devoid of context or characterization, after all :P

Everyone, remember the point of the thread:

To quote Ran:

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

Pretty please ignore the people who come in here to argue. There are other threads for that. They will go away if no one engages them (I myself am guilty of wanting to engage with them here too, so I understand) and we will get to keep our thread :)

I do think D&D likes Dany. Yes, they've got the character completely wrong but they do sympathize with her. For example, in the pit scene in the books, there is no Sons of the Harpy attack just Drogon coming and butchering people. But on the show we have a Sons of the Harpy attack and lo and behold Drogon the wise knows the good guys from the bad. But yes, I agree with D&D's interpretation of Dany's character is messed up. I actually like the progression of Dany in the books but I hate show Dany who's actions make no logical sense.

Archived