(Show Spoilers) Special Effects Still - Possible Reveal?

Fury Burns

I don't want to see Brienne die but if it is to be, I'm holding out hope that the prop head is attached to a prop body which is hanged by a certain Lady. The way the tongue is sticking out in that prop head looks more like the result of hanging than decapitation. Almost certain not true as I'm sure said Lady is not coming back but anyway....

Are people seriously telling me they saw that head and immediately thought "Olyvar"? It clearly looks like Brienne. I don't think Olyvar's important enough to have a prosthetic head made anyway, nor is there enough time in the finale to fit in a scene where he gets beheaded.

Looks like Brienne to me. Hm, if we combine it with the interview with Jessica Henwick where she said SS will be part of something "very extreme" in the finale.....Maybe they will deal with both lose ends of cut LSH story.......Killing both Jaime and Brienne + FTW would definitely justify "break the internet" and "worse then RW" comments. Afterall all those warnings from the cast were directed towards the finale, not the episode 9 or 6. Not very likely, but better be prepared for something more shocking then FTW.

Did a bing translation - (It's in Swedish)

"Note: this picture does not represent, as many fans on the Web thought, Game of Thrones-the character Brienne of Tarths severed head!"

and

"Lately, many English-speaking fans of the tv series Game of Thrones visited Di Digital. For their sake, we want to be obvious-so-to-it-works-with-Google-translate-clear – with the following sentence:

There is no indication that the brave, Game of Thrones-the heroine Brienne of Tarth will die in this season. At least nothing here at Di Digital."

and...

There are reasons to make this clarification. It all started a week ago, when my colleague Josefin J told me about the company Ftrack. Ftrack dealing with process management system for post production, and their software is used in the creation of Game of Thrones, among others. It can be said that the Ftracks system is like a kind of Google Docs for animators, where everyone who is working on an animation can access and upload their own stage in the process.

Josefin did, as usual, a great job with the article, and readers flocked to that they would. But as at the beginning of this week we noticed something a little odd. Several thousand readers had found her article via various forums of Game of Thrones. Westeros.org, Reddit, Tumblr, all attracted thousands of Game of Thrones-buffs to our little Swedish techsajt.

A googling later we realized that they have seen something that we missed.

The article poses Ftracks CEO Fredrik Limsäter in fact with a bit of morbid props, specifically two severed fejkhuvuden. And for anyone who followed the last few seasons of Game of Thrones may the blonde head feels familiar to ...

"Special Effects Still-Possible Reveal?", was named that thread on Game of Thrones forum Westeros.org. Thread's creator points out that the head appears to be a character Brienne of Tarth, played by Gwendoline Christie, and get immediate support. "Oh my god, it totally looks like Brienne...," writes one. " Damn .... BIG spoiler. Wish I hadn 't clicked, "complains another.

The image was discussed not only there, but in multiple threads on 4chans sub-forums/tv/, in at least one post on Tumblr and at three different forum sections on Reddit. For most it seemed to be clear that a Game of Thrones deaths had leaked – it was just a question of whether the head belonged to Brienne or possibly bikaraktären Olyvar. On Reddit user FatZombieMama put together a picture for comparison:

We at Di Digital of course became agitated – what if we accidentally drop a world first, without even the fathom it? No, no, Josefin calmed us. Ftrack has not one iota of Game of Thrones props, but offers only digital services. In order to have full clarity in this matter, I called Nils Lagergren, executive producer at Fido – company Ftrack is a spin-off of.

"It's where the head has been here since before I started working here, five years ago. It comes from the showdown scene in the swimming pool in ' Let the right one come in '. It drops down the body parts in the pool, and then his head visible for a few frames. So the head belongs to a boy from Blackeberg, and not Brienne of Tarth, "he says.

And it is true. Just look for yourself, on your head that drops down at 2.57 in this clip from the feature film."

<here is where the clip of the film is.>

So... no. Not Brienne. *whew*

EDIT: This thread is dark and full of ninjas (and I'm slow.) :ph34r:

Even if it is Brienne, that should be no clear indication of the sequence of events to come, or that it'll even appear in the show. They made a prosthetic head for Michelle Fairley and that was never used. See here: https://twitter.com/catelynshead

:rofl: so glad this was already posted, was about to do it myself because exactly - we can't really draw any conclusions even if it is Brienne.

I think I would actually prefer that Brienne be beheaded than

her face eaten though. That was the only scene in all the books where I was literally sick. Worse to me than Oberyn's head, her description of what it felt like... Ugh can't think about it anymore. :stillsick: And I definitely prefer beheading to her coming back as UnBrienne as some speculate.

ETA spoilers tags - just realized this isn't a book spoilers thread.

Archived