Is Myrcella really out of danger? (Spoilers all)

Somewhere in the afterlife, Oberyn is face-palming SO HARD. "Oh for God's sake, I thought I told them we don't little girls in Dorne. I thought that if anyone would listen to me, it'd be my paramour and daughters, ugh."

They didn't she was on the ship at the time.

Like a lot of GRRM statements and oaths, very very literal.

I've got some questions: Myrcella: is she really dead? (possible, but couls Trystane possibly have an antidote? )

second thing: winter is coming: I don't know it's any informationn at all, but in a several years of winter it's acctually Dorne, which is the best place to make food supplies (am I wrong?); so: in the next season that would be very important thing to keep with Dorne in good political relationship, because they could have most of the available supplies

and that would be their power: power in stead of supplies for the other lands

(ok, i can see how stupid it looks like, but isn't it a possible plot?)

Dorne is mostly desertic, so I wouldn't call Dorne the best place to make food supplies. Also, Dorne doesn't have real cities. White Harbor, Oldtown, Lannisport and King's Landing are cities with access to ships.

Exactly. What kind of sense does it make for someone to be happy they're an illegitimate product of incest and considered an abomination?

I'm assuming the Sand Snakes and Ellaria will flee Dorne? When Doran gets word I'm sure he'll know they did it, especially being poisoned. And I'm sorry but that ship wasn't far away, they could've easily turned around and gotten help. That whole part is so dumb

The ship part was dumb. The pride part wasn't that dumb. Cersei and Jamie both express pride over their relationship in POV chapters. "Hey the Targaryans did it!" It's what we people who are better than you people do. What are we 'spost to do? Make babies with you lesser folk? How did that work out for Rhaegar?"

I love Bronn and Jaime but thank the firey red god that's over. Sail away fast and don't ever look back.

Wondering now if Jaime will turn up at King's Landing, see the state of things, make an abrupt about turn and head in a vaguely Riverlandish direction. Of course he won't have access to the Littlefinger/Melisandre Teleport and will therefore have to bimble around aimlessly for a season trying to travel short distances. Do we think that Bronn might go with him or is his part in the show over for now? He might have to inspect his newer, bigger castle and younger, more beautiful wife ( cheers, Jaime). Still hoping Bronn might eventually team up with Tyrion again some day.

That's why it was so funny and awesome - she was proud of being an incest kid and having an incest dad and then boom, death by bad pussy poison. It was most hilarious creepy parenting scene in the show.

I think that her plot ended this way is totally stupid. why?

she grew up in Dorne: she should know many things about this place and people - she is no child. I believe, that they said her, eho her father is. in dorne such a situation was nothing special. but also I don't understand, what was Myrcella thinking: she wasn't just brought from her home. she was there for YEARS. she should be aware of dangerous poisons, political games, other thing. and moreover: shoe should have learned anything about fighting (she still wears clothes in a style of "old good KL" - ?! makes no sense.

I'm still not unconvinced that they won't turn the ship around and demand to know what happened. Who else could they suspect? And then the Sand Snakes will be finished. At least, that's what I'd like to think.

It shocked me either way.

It's a Dornish ship, it's not turning back.

To be pedantic it's George R R Martins invention with a little creativity added by D&D. While they will kill off minor characters the big plot points will almost certainly be the same likewise the fates of the main cast/points of view.

I don't know about assuming that the main characters who die on TV will be the same ones who die in the books. The adaptation of LA Confidential had different characters die at different times and in different ways. You can easily write a scene twenty years in the future showing how a book character dies. Most TV series want to kill the characters onscreen with some continuity of the actor playing them.

Since GRRM is a co-executive producer on the TV show, I would only assume that he is ok with the general direction of the TV show. GRRM doesn't think it's going to ruin his source material, which is different from saying he's bound to do the same big plot points that they do on HBO.

Since GRRM is a co-executive producer on the TV show, I would only assume that he is ok with the general direction of the TV show. GRRM doesn't think it's going to ruin his source material, which is different from saying he's bound to do the same big plot points that they do on HBO.

My understanding is that he is basically a consultant with no desicion-making power. He can give his input, but ultimately has zero control over the product. I would not assume that because it's in the show, GRRM is cool with it. Of course he has been very professional and supportive, but reading between the lines, I think there is a case to be made that he is not always ok with decisions made (that's spec on my part).

So do we conclude that Doran making nice was a farce, and they are all in on it? He and Ellaria must have had a private conversation in there. He's not just going to just get all pissed at the sand snakes and imprison them all again is he?

Are Jaime/Bronn going to be captured / killed? Is Myrcella's death blamed on Bronn, perhaps?

If Dorne not behind going to war with the IT at this point, this storyline seems like its garbage.

I still do not get the point of showing us that Ellaria had a bloody nose right after Mrycella presumably dies.

Was it to show us that Mrycella was poisoned and needs an antidote? ( I mean do they think the audience is that stupid?)

If so, how the hell did Ellaria get poisoned and require an antidote.

Yeah. I can't help but think everything that happened in Dorne was a big waste of time, and all set up for Myrcella to be killed.

I think D+D went really overboard with their love for Lannisters. Dornish storyline was pure Lannisters story, nothing from bookDorne was present. Arianne and Qeenmaker were clearly cut from the start and Doran´s interaction with his nieces and his plans were also cut, so literally nothing from the bookDorne exists in the show. Even all characters are different, some of them are extremely different.

Oberyn and Doran's quest for vengance makes sense, the Sand Snakes in the books make sense.But who would kill a innocent girl and kill a relative, the heir to Dorne?

I mean, if they are willing to accept that, just to kill a (innocent) Lannister...they are basically psychos like Ramsay.

Would Oberyn be happy with this kind of 'justice'?

Trystane is not dead. He is on his ship with his guards. Three oldest Sand Snakes actually are very bloodthirsty in the books and would kill any Lannister they could find and provoke a bloody war. Still it is absurd to compare them to Ramsay, they are more like Arya. They want a revenge like her, they dont torture, rape and murder people for fun like Ramsay.

I still do not get the point of showing us that Ellaria had a bloody nose right after Mrycella presumably dies.

Was it to show us that Mrycella was poisoned and needs an antidote? ( I mean do they think the audience is that stupid?)

Apparently she poisoned herself and then made out with Myrcella to pass along the poison

She put the poison in her mouth and transferred it over when kissing myrcella

She put poison on her lips and then kissed Myrcella. That way she poisoned Myrcella. Poison is only activated during strong emotions.

Trystane is not dead. He is on his ship with his guards.

Right. I guess we have to assume he's "in on it" along with Doran. So do they now round up Jaime/Bronn and blame Myrcella's death on Bronn perhaps? We have to think Trystane takes his seat possibly knowing that Dorne is coming into the war in support of Dany and will be working that angle. Right? Otherwise this is going no where. What am i missing?

It was to show how Myrcella was poisoned. Ellaria had poison on her lips, when she kissed Myrcella, some of the poison transferred over. There are hundreds of poisons used in Dorne. I doubt anyone on the ship has antidotes for all the likely ones. Myrcella is doomed.

The reason Ellaria and her daughters did this was to force Doran into war against the Lannisters or at least to force him to negotiate some action that will appease their desire for vengence. The Lannisters will have Trystene as a hostage (which is why they won't turn the ship around). In the show, Trystene is Doran's only child and heir to Dorne.

The reason Ellaria and her daughters did this was to force Doran into war against the Lannisters or at least to force him to negotiate some action that will appease their desire for vengence. The Lannisters will have Trystene as a hostage (which is why they won't turn the ship around). In the show, Trystene is Doran's only child and heir to Dorne.

Isn't the ship filled with all Doran/Trystane men though? I'm not getting this plan.

Archived