[Book Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart in Episode 10?

Locust094

I must say I find it really odd that so many people truly believe Brienne will succeed in rescuing sansa. They set up the trailer for episode 10 specifically to make it seem like she does but we have seen from dozens of trailers that they never happen as they make them appear. Anytime you get two scenes or a scene and a voice that are stuck together they take it a different way in the episode.

Let me put it this way for everyone... If Brienne does not save Sansa, or doesn't even reach Sansa, who does she meet outside Winterfel? It wouldn't make sense for her to run into Stannis. Ramsay Bolton could work and it would be a nice end to his story if Brienne killed him but it also would underscore the rage he has when he discovers Sansa is gone.

Just imagine for a moment that Brienne and Sansa never cross paths again and then tell me what's left?

I'm not a huge LSH fan but when I look at all the major events from the book/show I count that one among the top 3 most surprising. I feel like it's way too shocking for the show to avoid it. To those of you saying it's been too long I will echo what others have said in that I still hear from all of my non book reader friends about the Red Wedding and how upset they were when Catelyn and Rob died. She is very much still remembered.

All this season, and part of the last, the show has suffered from disconnected plots, too many plots, not enough time to do justice to the plots, etc., and I can't even blame the show for it; it inherited these issues from its source material. Many of season 5 episodes felt like short summaries.

In 60 minutes, this episode has to:

1. Crossbow Kevan, bring winter--white raven.

2. "For the Watch" Jon Snow, while dealing with Davos's issues, Sam and Gilly, growing discontent, etc.

3. Deal with aftermath of Shireen's burning, and "march" Stannis to the Boltons, per episode summary.

4. Deal with Sansa, Theon, Brienne.

5. Deal with Dany on her dragon, and, going by pictures, her people left in Meereen will be involved, too.

6. Get Cersei to the HS, and do her Walk.

Where are they supposed to fit LSH?

EDIT: I'm hoping like hell that they connect the three northern plots--Stannis/Sansa/Jon, and finish the Meereen plot, so that Dany is ready to move on to Westeros next season. KL plot should take care of itself, as Cersei-HS-Walk-Raven-Kevan are a natural progression.

Give me 5-1 odds, and I'll bet on LSH in this episode. IOW, I wouldn't call it likely, but it's very possible. That episode title, you know? Also, Fairley's "non-denial denial" in the interview last year that was ostensibly to create the message that LSH wouldn't be appearing. Those of you who are familiar with typical political communications, or who are lawyers, will know exactly what I mean if you read that interview closely. She never said LSH would not appear.

And yes, people will remember who she is, and besides, it's super-easy to have somebody say something about who she is. Even people who just started watching the show last year will quickly understand "Stark mom."

And it would be Cat, not Sansa or anybody else. 90% of the point of doing it would be fan service (since LSH really isn't a critical character, at least as written so far). So why piss the fans off instead instead of blowing serving them?

Give me 5-1 odds, and I'll bet on LSH in this episode. IOW, I wouldn't call it likely, but it's very possible. That episode title, you know?

And yes, people will remember who she is, and besides, it's super-easy to have somebody say something about who she is. Even people who just started watching the show last year will quickly understand "Stark mom."

And it would be Cat, not Sansa or anybody else. 90% of the point of doing it would be fan service (since LSH really isn't a critical character, at least as written so far). So why piss the fans off instead instead of blowing serving them?

Man that title is really reach for me to be it refers to LSH

To the person who asked about Michelle Fairley being listed in the show actors list. I saw that too, but on Dish Network on the description for episode 10. That got a rise out of me lol We went back and checked previous episodes and her name is listed first on all of them.

I think Sansa will die and be resurrected by Mel and become Lady Stoneheart. Some think it might be Brienne. I don't agree but it sure would be fun to see Brienne as a wight.

I think Sansa will die and be resurrected by Mel and become Lady Stoneheart. Some think it might be Brienne. I don't agree but it sure would be fun to see Brienne as a wight.

I could see Sansa taking the role, but why would Mel do this? Dondarrion doing it would make more sense to me.

I see Sansa being a living Lady Stoneheart in what she does at the apex of this episode regarding her character, they have been setting it up by having her character suffer the only remaining abuses that she has escaped in the first 4 seasons in her own home. The rapes etc. "It can't get any worse" she says to theon is so gut wrenching. Darkness and vengeance is all she has left. The good girl she once was, was killed off on her wedding night.

I see Sansa being a living Lady Stoneheart in what she does at the apex of this episode regarding her character, they have been setting it up by having her character suffer the only remaining abuses that she has escaped in the first 4 seasons in her own home. The rapes etc. "It can't get any worse" she says to theon is so gut wrenching. Darkness and vengeance is all she has left. The good girl she once was, was killed off on her wedding night.

i feel like her turning point is learning that rickon and bran are alive.

Granted the show doesn't really seem to be concerned with Sansa's characterization at all, but they haven't shown her like that at all. They specifically put in her being happy about Bran and Rickon. I think it's more likely Sansa takes Manderley's place and sends someone/Davos after Rickon maybe?

I

Granted the show doesn't really seem to be concerned with Sansa's characterization at all, but they haven't shown her like that at all. They specifically put in her being happy about Bran and Rickon. I think it's more likely Sansa takes Manderley's place and sends someone/Davos after Rickon maybe?

I

yeah i agree that feels more likely. LSH to me is sort of a undead veterans ptsd thing.

Let me put it this way for everyone... If Brienne does not save Sansa, or doesn't even reach Sansa, who does she meet outside Winterfel? It wouldn't make sense for her to run into Stannis.

On the contrary, Brienne meeting Stannis this season is pretty much guaranteed. Hence, why the had a whole scene that was about reminding everybody that she has vowed to kill him.

I

In my opinion Sansa's character in the show is the naive young girl who is used by everyone she meets for her family name and always makes bad decisions. She's constantly wanted a better life from episode 1 through episode 50 and every thing that happens to her is worse. Look at her story progression:

1. Eldest daughter betrothed to Joffrey - Betrays her sister and loses her dire wolf.

Used as a threat against Ned Stark to get him to confess to treason - Ned gets his head chopped off and she's held captive in King's Landing as a traitor's daughter.

Finally free of Joffrey when he's set to marry Margaery - Ends up married to Tyrion, getting framed for Joffrey's murder, and escapes with Littlefinger.

Travels with Littlefinger to the Eyrie to be re-united with her Aunt - Nearly gets thrown out the Moon Door and witnesses her Aunt's murder.

Rejects Brienne's help and travels with Littlefinger to Winterfel - Ends up married to Ramsay Bolton where she's abused constantly.

Puts her trust in Theon to light a candle in the broken tower and aid her escape - Gets an old lady that was loyal to her flayed and killed.

Every single time it seems like Sansa is going to finally have a better life something goes completely off the rails. I just can't see Brienne saving her. Her character is "She Who Makes Bad Decisions". It's been like that for 5 seasons; does anyone really expect that to change? No way she could replace LSH.

The credit song for episode 10 is "Throne For the Game" (1:20), and it's quite clear that it's just after Jon's moment at the Wall. So no, no StoneHeart.

Could you explain your post a little better? It's completely obscure to me.

Why is it "clear" it's after Jon's moment at the wall? And why does that song (which I don't know at all) mean no LSH?

Could you explain your post a little better? It's completely obscure to me.

Why is it "clear" it's after Jon's moment at the wall? And why does that song (which I don't know at all) mean no LSH?

This song is one of the last pieces of soundtrack that we haven't heard this season, and it's 1:20 long, so it means it's the credits of episode 10. And it's a sad sad song, something you can hear after the death of someone we love. Not after a resurrection. Now, unless LSH's big reveal is in the middle of the episode (which makes no sense at all), it's not in this episode.

This song is one of the last pieces of soundtrack that we haven't heard this season, and it's 1:20 long, so it means it's the credits of episode 10. And it's a sad sad song, something you can hear after the death of someone we love. Not after a resurrection. Now, unless LSH's big reveal is in the middle of the episode (which makes no sense at all), it's not in this episode.

Thanks, but based on that, I wouldn't be as certain as you are.

To start with, if For The Watch happens this episode, that will absolutely be the last scene, but with all the dramatic stuff going on, I don't see why LSH couldn't be earlier. It could even be a teaser.

Or if it is at the end, it could be a postlude, i.e., post-music. I don't think they've done postludes yet, but they can be very dramatic.

Also, I don't think of LSH as a "resurrection," and I don't think her appearance is really cause for celebration, especially if it's tied with Brienne apparently about to be hanged.

I'm not saying that song isn't a clue at all, I just don't think it rings up any kind of certainty.

We could have Stoneheart followed by For The Watch. I'm not expecting we will - unless she does something huge in the upcoming story that couldn't be taken by another character, you could easily argue that her inclusion would just be fan service (uplifting twist for unsullied, sticking more closely to the source material for the book readers) and therefore not really worth inclusion. But just because Throne For The Game will be the credits song doesn't discount the possibility of a Stoneheart inclusion.

EDIT:

<snip />

Or if it is at the end, it could be a postlude, i.e., post-music. I don't think they've done postludes yet, but they can be very dramatic.

<snip />

That could certainly work also. In fact I'd say that could work better than having it during the main episode, especially as many people could miss it by switching off early, leading to the "internet breaking" mentioned by various actors (although I doubt they meant it in this way) as people will find out about it from articles, tweets, messages etc. telling them to go back and watch after the credits.

I

This. She's already Manderly, in that she is trying to split the Bolton forces by splitting Ramsay and Roose. Sending someone after Rickon would be her next move. Question is, how does she meet Davos, who is at the Wall, and will go bsc once he hears what Stannis did.

Archived