[Book Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart in Episode 10?

Locust094

I don't understand, what was wrong with Robert Strong? Because he had a head or something? Other than that, it's exactly the same way as the books.

Exactly... wth is he complaining about. :dunno: There's just no pleasing some people, no wonder HBO has stopped even trying. His part was one of the best done scenes in the episode, and more or less just like I imagined he would be when reading the book.

The problem with LSH is that you can't satisfy anyone. If she gets revenge, people will complain that she's not supposed to be getting revenge and it's against the point of her character. If she doesn't get revenge, then people complain that her character is pointless. They're screwed whatever they do.

Exactly... wth is he complaining about. :dunno: There's just no pleasing some people, no wonder HBO has stopped even trying. His part was one of the best done scenes in the episode, and more or less just like I imagined he would be when reading the book.

It's they expect D+D to film exactly what they imagined in their heads.

They won't put Lady Stoneheart in the show because if they see that she has been able to come back to life then nobody will really be shocked about Jons' death because peoples reaction will be ahh they'll just bring him back to life. For me they seem to be focusing on people who haven't read the books and have forgotten the people who have spent so much time reading them, which eventually will be their downfall.

Absolutely boggles the mind to me that a show this obsessed and dependent on creating 'shocking' moments that get everyone talking/reacting, would pass up one of the most easiest and shocking moments in the books. It really boggles the mind. Not to mention how thematically perfect it was to tie in with this season finale's focus on vengeance. I can't get over the show deciding not to show this moment of the Stoneheart reveal. When the TV show was first announced, it was one of the things I most looked forward to and would think it would be one of the top things/moments the showrunners would want to portray.

Absolutely boggles the mind to me that a show this obsessed and dependent on creating 'shocking' moments that get everyone talking/reacting, would pass up one of the most easiest and shocking moments in the books. It really boggles the mind. Not to mention how thematically perfect it was to tie in with this season finale's focus on vengeance. I can't get over the show deciding not to show this moment of the Stoneheart reveal. When the TV show was first announced, it was one of the things I most looked forward to and would think it would be one of the top things/moments the showrunners would want to portray.

The only Stark they like is Arya. They liked Ned also, or Sean Bean, when they needed him.

They care nothing for Bran's story or Sansa's story, or even that much for Jon's story.

This is why there aren't any Northerners left on the show.

Lady Stoneheart only existed to provide context to when UnJon rises and is merciless. I dont expect to ever see her on the show

she has no relevance to Jaime Lannister, a contender to be AA and is currently en route to being at her mercy? You don't think that angle is going to be interesting at all/have a trickle down effect on the overall story in TWOW ?

she has no relevance to Jaime Lannister, a contender to be AA and is currently en route to being at her mercy? You don't think that angle is going to be interesting at all/have a trickle down effect on the overall story in TWOW ?

yes. I hear this "relevance" argument all the time, yet we're talking about a character that has TWO POV characters at her mercy at the end of ADWD.

Nah. Way too late for her not to be a bag of bones.

The only way conceivably is to use the episode one 'cold open' technique artfully and creatively. So:

1./ COLD OPEN: Subtitle (in red font :devil:) reading: "3 DAYS AFTER THE WEDDING" as camera pans down to forest floor and Nymeria p.o.v pulling naked female body, face down, from a river. Sound of horses approaching to chase it off, and riders revealed to be Thoros & Dondarrion.

2./ Arya sits up, still blind, in the HOB&W apparently having been the one to have had the vision.

3./ Rest of episode happens.

4./ FINAL SCENE OF EPISODE: Subtitle: "3 YEARS AFTER THE WEDDING" Hood drops on LSH at end of episode as a hanging is carried out with her by now the fully instated leader of the BWB.

In other words, you establish that her recovery was not an overnight thing and it took her several years beneath the careful watch of Thoros and the brotherhood to gain her strength & lead them. Only then was she presented to the world and could the campaign of vengeance in The Riverlands begin. Catch up with the Brienne portion of storyline midway through the season .... Winds/Jaime material for the latter half. Whole story arc one season.

But I'm only presenting that as hypothesis, not as something that will ever happen. In the race to the finish line where the emphasis now is all about cutting & condensing, they simply won't have time or the patience to do anything remotely like that so there's no way anyone on earth should set themselves up for wishful-thinking a subplot back into existence when it's clear the showrunners have no interest and the ship's already sailed. This was merely to illustrate how it could be done in storytelling terms if the argument is "too late."

For D&D, I guess the Riverlands material in season 6 is really about two things and they don't concern the brotherhood:

1.) Potential Hound comeback via Meribald.

2.) Frey struggle for power in the wake of Walder's death.

It's possible, if the old man does remarry in the season, the Wyman Manderly pies thing might get crowbarred in there somehow but I doubt it. The first thing to hit the cutting room floor in this show is usually northern resistance of any kind, Brotherhood included.

No, I greatly doubt we'll ever LSH in the show. Since the show runners cut out everything in the Riverlands and, thus, had to completely change Brienne's and Jaime's story lines there is no need for LSH. She and the BwB were there in the Riverlands to serve Brienne's story. And, I suspect, Jaime's but we simply haven't seen that yet as it will be in TWoW.

we wont have stones, but we will have the hype. Every. fucking. season.

It only needs some tiny little shred and it goes off. Same with Benjen. Coldhands.

But the show and the actors are assholes i that aspect. HBO is always going with craze and hype as advertisement instead of real advertisement.

Christie saying she fights the Mountain.

Waldau holding a duck that is a goose.

titles, titles.

imdb.

Benjen in the recap.

claims of this and that one coming back.

cutting the trailers and the previews to tell something completely different than what is coming.

so in that aspect...no respect.

Archived