[Book Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart in Episode 10?

Locust094

What are you talking about? They said Sansa was marrying Ramsaying in one of the very early episodes, and people are surprised that Ramsay treats her like crap? Zero set up my ass.

Mel referred to shireen being needed with them as early as last season, and even a season before that we saw Stannis burning ppl and trying to burn Gendry. Zero set up???????????

?????

?????

?????

Zero set up in your head.

yeah they been building to that stannis scene for three season and in one mels even mentions he is going to do something like this.

most show-watcher-only were telling me he is going to kill her this season since they had the father daughter moment.

What are you talking about? They said Sansa was marrying Ramsay in one of the early episodes this season, and people are surprised that once it happens Ramsay treats her like crap, after having seen him hunt people for sport and mutilate Theon? Zero set up my ass.

Mel referred to shireen being needed with them as early as last season, and even a season before that we saw Stannis burning ppl and trying to burn his relatives (Gendry). And just last episode (or was it episode 7?) Mel was again telling Stannis to burn SHireen. Zero set up???????????

?????

?????

?????

Zero set up only in your head.

Read again. I'm saying they want the most possible shock, so they get to those moments. Not that there was necessarily zero set up for them (although I think in other aspects there have been).

I'll play devil's advocate.

First, I'm #teamLSH all the way. I love me some vengeance. That said..

What is her end-game?

She must eventually meet an end. Will she just be the old vengeful woods witch that keeps people out of a forest? If people know about her, surely the living won't suffer the undead to live among them. We will have to watch her die AGAIN. Or worse, join the Others.

If her only purpose was revenge on the Freys, then what happens when that is fulfilled? And can't revenge be meted out by those still living?

As much as I would LOVE for LSH to be in the show, and as easily as it could fit in where Brienne and Pod are concerned, I highly doubt it. There is soo much they still need to do in the final episode I can't imagine how LSH could fit in. If Sansa becomes LSH, minus the dying and stuff, I would be pissed but I can see them doing something like that.

The High Sparrow used exactly "The Mother's Mercy" when he arrested Cersei so the episode is named after Cersei's coming scenes. Some book readers thing too highly of themselves, they actually believe the showrunners would "troll" them for some odd reason.

Maybe it was also to symbolize that the show and the books are going further apart and the show will no longer follow the books in general terms?

I thought it was hilarious that she was reading a book called ADWD, and then she gets killed.

The interesting thing is that when they do troll us with titles, there seems to always be multiple meanings.

IE E9 A dance with dragons referanced the pits and also shireen's book.

I assume, mother's mercy is intended to mean Cersei's WoS, but what will be the second meaning.

What if Brieanne is out in the snow, and she comes across some women wearing a cloak with her back turned. She starts talking without turning around. (people lose their minds). She turns around and its some old inkeeper etc.

Complete Troll about LSH, which would piss a lot of people off.

While I agree that their episode titles do sometimes have multiple meanings eg The Children I would venture to say most do not. Most refer to a specific scene eg Hardhome, High Sparrow, The Sons of The Harpy are from this season alone.

Also it's The Dance OF Dragons and it is the story told in The Princess and the Queen which is quite a fun read if you haven't picked it up yet. But the point of her reading it was sort of about Drogon but more about the subject matter itself - the Targaryen civil war and the choices people made that ripped families apart.

I'll play devil's advocate.

First, I'm #teamLSH all the way. I love me some vengeance. That said..

What is her end-game?

She must eventually meet an end. Will she just be the old vengeful woods witch that keeps people out of a forest? If people know about her, surely the living won't suffer the undead to live among them. We will have to watch her die AGAIN. Or worse, join the Others.

If her only purpose was revenge on the Freys, then what happens when that is fulfilled? And can't revenge be meted out by those still living?

In the books her end game is that she wants her son back. She says so herself. She will somehow give her life as Berrick did his. But who for? A monster, wolf-headed Rob? Jon Snow?

Read again. I'm saying they want the most possible shock, so they get to those moments. Not that there was necessarily zero set up for them (although I think in other aspects there have been).

No reason to read again, that's exactly what u said, that there was zero set up and they didn't put in clues, though You may have meant something different though.

This show has become very fond of "zero set up" lately lol, especially in a case such as this where it's all about shock factor. They're not gonna give away any clues. They want the most possible shock. This whole season has lived by that motto-- Sansa-gate, Shireen-gate, etc.

Mother's Mercy is obviously going to include Cersie's walk. Also, Arya's mercy to Trant. I also have to assume it will involve Olenna and Margery/Loras (grandmother's mercy?), the Sand Snakes and their all-annoying mother, and possibly two freed dragons but not sure how that can be from their mother if she is away. Basically, who the hell knows? We have just a few more days to wait. :dunno:

In the books her end game is that she wants her son back. She says so herself. She will somehow give her life as Berrick did his. But who for? A monster, wolf-headed Rob? Jon Snow?

But we're getting into a circle of undead here. First, her life is already forfeit. She has naught to give Robb (too far gone), or Jon Snow (we'd just get a zombie jon snow). Unless they go the AA route. Which is entirely possible, and consistent with R+L+J and TPTWP.

Then again, there is Rickon.

F'ing Rickon. There has to be a role for this kid. He is the current legitimate lord of winterfell (considering Bran's abdication by way of tree). He has to be dealt with.

yeah they been building to that stannis scene for three season and in one mels even mentions he is going to do something like this.

most show-watcher-only were telling me he is going to kill her this season since they had the father daughter moment.

It just didn't feel like an organic decision on his part, I wasn't convinced of it in terms of his personal character development. I agree though,they have been setting it up for a while with the plotting etc.

But when it came down to it, I wasn't convince that he would have made that decision based on what we've seen of him in the last two seasons - he came across as less and less fanatical and more militaristic and reasonable. Not massively, but certainly enough to decide against burning his only daughter, especially when we were told that he was willing to risk a greyscale outbreak for her life when she was young.

But we're getting into a circle of undead here. First, her life is already forfeit. She has naught to give Robb (too far gone), or Jon Snow (we'd just get a zombie jon snow). Unless they go the AA route. Which is entirely possible, and consistent with R+L+J and TPTWP.

F'ing Rickon. There has to be a role for this kid. He is the current legitimate lord of winterfell (considering Bran's abdication by way of tree). He has to be dealt with.

Haha, what's his wolf's name again? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_dog_story

Isn't that Dinklage's voice? Tyrion to Jorah.

Yep.

I'd somehow never linked LSH and Rickon, he's s easy to forget about. That's a very very intriguing prospect though as so little is known that almost anything can happen, and of course LSH would definitely be interested in her youngest son. Almost feel idiotic for never thinking of this.

It just didn't feel like an organic decision on his part, I wasn't convinced of it in terms of his personal character development. I agree though,they have been setting it up for a while with the plotting etc.

But when it came down to it, I wasn't convince that he would have made that decision based on what we've seen of him in the last two seasons - he came across as less and less fanatical and more militaristic and reasonable. Not massively, but certainly enough to decide against burning his only daughter, especially when we were told that he was willing to risk a greyscale outbreak for her life when she was young.

That scene where he told her all that is what convinced most people it was going to happen. One friend said it reminded them of tywin yelling at cersei that she was his daughter and she had a duty to marry loras. That to them when also him say his daughter had a duty and role to play.

again all tv show and movies are personal. You get 5 people in a room and you will have 10 different opinions about a scene.

I think one thing LSH fans are missing is that the show has done nothing to foreshadow her reveal, and we all know that this show loves to shove foreshadowing down our throats forcibly.

On that reasoning alone, I don't think we'll see a LSH.

But we have seen Sansa become more and more emotionally deteriorated, and that could foreshadow her becoming a vengeful person.

Her, "If I'm going to die, let that happen while there's still some of me left", could be a nod to her turning into LSH. But alive, and whatever.

Just give her role or even just her avenging qualities to Sansa, she's already a stone cold ice queen on the outside who loves her family inside, why have a zombie version of it when you have a surviving live character with the same motives and has arguably had it worse than LSH.

Archived