[Book Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart in Episode 10?

Locust094

Well if in the prior shows segment shows either Cat or Talisa getting killed, maybe, but for now you have 3 or 4 scenarios if they go that route:

Sansa attempts escape either Myranda or Ramsey ( anyone really ) kills her, but Millasandre is there to bring her back and she takes the LSH part.

Brienne, gets killed and the same ensues for her or they could reverse it and make it Podrik.

Sansa decides to stay in Winterfell she takes on the GOWF, or Brienne takes on the GOWF

My thoughts fluctuate between Sansa staying and doing in the Boltons from inside, using the crypts to let Brienne, Pod or Stannis in.

Or she and Theon escape with them ( either Brienne and or Stannis )

The picture with the cart has already been seen in the episode after the rape, the one with Brienne alone may not have.

But it's also been widely rumored that Asha / Yara will be appearing in this episode. If that's the case it seems highly unlikely Brienne saves Sansa.

Yeah, and it wasn't just an iMDB credit as well, her agency claimed she was going to be in this season (unless I've missed something and that's turned out to be false), perhaps she could come in with the news of Balon's death (leading into Euron's appearance next season) and provide Mel with something to reassure Stannis that he didn't just burn his own daughter for no reason.

As for LSH, like everyone else, I am definitely not getting any hopes up, although at this point I haven't entirely given up hope, there are a few decent points that have been suggested here that perhaps make her appearance seem a tiny possibility and not to mention how trollish it would be of D&D to name the episode that knowing full well that it's an alternative name for LSH. Another thing I thought of, wasn't there a rumour a while back that Walder Frey would be returning in season 6? Like many, I find the total absence of Freys in this season a bit bewildering, not even a hint that they're even in Winterfell unless I've missed something, but surely we will see the Riverlands at some point again and surely the show's producers haven't just decided to forget about the key players in the RW? I agree that the fact there's been no real hints that could point towards LSH's appearance this season makes it unlikely, but then again, there haven't been any hints towards a Euron/Iron Islands plotline appearance at all either, yet it looks likely that's coming in next season, so I haven't lost all hope for LSH just yet.

Still think the 'break the internet' will be FTW though, Jon is a very popular character and seeing him get stabbed by his own brothers will shock many 'unsullied' no doubt.

Edit: Sorry, of course there's Fat Walda in WF, but other than that there still has been so little mention of the Freys.

I think that at this point we should not get our expectations up.

There has been zero set up. The time to have introduced her was at the end of the last Season, when there WERE clues abounding.

Yes, D&D could be pretending all along and have waited until this moment to reveal her--but honestly, that takes a lot of guile and planning and forethought..something I, and not meaning to be offensive, really don't think they possess those qualities--at least not in their writing or adaptation.

Naming the episode "Mother's Mercy" is very trollish of the producers. But trollish decisions aren't below them. I think they were trolling the audience with the Shireen sacrifice - the girl represented the book readers, since she loved read and her last book had been "A Dance With Dragons". Killing her was a slap on the face of the fans of the books who follow the series, although D&D may have thought it was clever and subtle.

Naming the episode "Mother's Mercy" is very trollish of the producers. But trollish decisions aren't below them. I think they were trolling the audience with the Shireen sacrifice - the girl represented the book readers, since she loved read and her last book had been "A Dance With Dragons". Killing her was a slap on the face of the fans of the books who follow the series, although D&D may have thought it was clever and subtle.

Good lord, I never thought of it that way. :ack:

Good lord, I never thought of it that way. :ack:

Not to mention last season's very "subtle" symbolic parallel between the cousin Orson Lannister with his killing of beetles and GRRM's killing of beloved characters. They basically sort of called the author an idiot.

Am angry at that trolling and teasing. They should just say no LS this season as if there were not plenty of other reason to tune in. The whole Mother Merciless discussion from last week lost steam right away

Defo! They do seem to be miffed at the book readers......you know the ones who made the idea of the show possible in the first place ;)

Defo! They do seem to be miffed at the book readers......you know the ones who made the idea of the show possible in the first place ;)

Well, it must become annoying at some point to have the most radical and vocal book fans pointing out how the series is "wrong" every time it deviates from the books. But even so it was a low jab, IMO.

I'm also on the "it's too late" bandwagon. Looks like Sansa is getting out of WF on sunday, probably with Theon (who else could she be talking to?). She'll meet Pod, who'll convince her Brienne can be trusted, and they go searching for Rickon.

The most LSH I see if is if Sansa dies next season and the BWB find her and resurrect her.

Maybe it was also to symbolize that the show and the books are going further apart and the show will no longer follow the books in general terms?

I thought it was hilarious that she was reading a book called ADWD, and then she gets killed.

The interesting thing is that when they do troll us with titles, there seems to always be multiple meanings.

IE E9 A dance with dragons referanced the pits and also shireen's book.

I assume, mother's mercy is intended to mean Cersei's WoS, but what will be the second meaning.

What if Brieanne is out in the snow, and she comes across some women wearing a cloak with her back turned. She starts talking without turning around. (people lose their minds). She turns around and its some old inkeeper etc.

Complete Troll about LSH, which would piss a lot of people off.

One question, why would Mel resurrect Sansa, or Brienne or anyone other than Jon or Stannis? She wouldn't do it, period.

She knows there are limits to her powers and she is focused on AAR and that is Stannis, in her mind. She would save that trump card for him. Sansa, Brienne, anyone else is nothing more than a pawn to the god of light, she has said exactly that.

If they have her give the kiss to anyone but those two it would be a travesty to her character unless they did one hell of a lead up to show why Mel believes it's needed.

All this talk about Catelyn being forgotton is BS. No one that watches the show has forgotten about the Red Wedding. Her showing up now would have just as much impact as if she showed up in season 4. Her name has been thrown around this season already.

Also, to say there's no reasoning for it or any lead up isn't true either.

The Boltons have Winterfell...the BOLTONS.

It may as well be the Freys.

The pieces are in place, and her place to show up is Winterfell in my opinion. Their just not shoving it in our face like Olly/Jon.

If D&D have quietly foreshadowed LSH then I can forgive some of the other sloppy writing this season.

I'm just saying that it's a possibility and it could go either way.

I think that at this point we should not get our expectations up.

There has been zero set up. The time to have introduced her was at the end of the last Season, when there WERE clues abounding.

Yes, D&D could be pretending all along and have waited until this moment to reveal her--but honestly, that takes a lot of guile and planning and forethought..something I, and not meaning to be offensive, really don't think they possess those qualities--at least not in their writing or adaptation.

You see, I think it makes more sense to introduce her this season. Last season they clearly had some sort of "plan" for this season that didn't involve the Riverlands. Plus, when you are introducing Stoneheart, you can't just throw her in and sort of ignore her for a bunch of episodes, at least not in the TV medium. The audience is gonna want followup...immediately. This makes the end of this season the absolute perfect moment to introduce her. From casting news, you can expect they are returning to the Riverlands next season. It's also expected that Walder Frey will reappear. That means next season you can jump right into the escalating battle between the BWB and Freys, and the general dissolution of the Riverlands into chaos.

This show has become very fond of "zero set up" lately lol, especially in a case such as this where it's all about shock factor. They're not gonna give away any clues. They want the most possible shock. This whole season has lived by that motto-- Sansa-gate, Shireen-gate, etc. I really don't see how these showrunners can pass up the most shocking moment they have in their arsenal.

By the way, none of this is to say I'd be surprised if there was no Stoneheart. They have constantly surprised me with some of their adaptation decisions and this would be no exception.

You see, I think it makes more sense to introduce her this season. Last season they clearly had some sort of "plan" for this season that didn't involve the Riverlands. Plus, when you are introducing Stoneheart, you can't just throw her in and sort of ignore her for a bunch of episodes, at least not in the TV medium. The audience is gonna want followup...immediately. This makes the end of this season the absolute perfect moment to introduce her. From casting news, you can expect they are returning to the Riverlands next season. It's also expected that Walder Frey will reappear. That means next season you can jump right into the escalating battle between the BWB and Freys, and the general dissolution of the Riverlands into chaos.

This show has become very fond of "zero set up" lately lol, especially in a case such as this where it's all about shock factor. They're not gonna give away any clues. They want the most possible shock. This whole season has lived by that motto-- Sansa-gate, Shireen-gate, etc. I really don't see how these showrunners can pass up the most shocking moment they have in their arsenal.

By the way, none of this is to say I'd be surprised if there was no Stoneheart. They have constantly surprised me with some of their adaptation decisions and this would be no exception.

What are you talking about? They said Sansa was marrying Ramsay in one of the early episodes this season, and people are surprised that once it happens Ramsay treats her like crap, after having seen him hunt people for sport and mutilate Theon? Zero set up my ass.

Mel referred to shireen being needed with them as early as last season, and even a season before that we saw Stannis burning ppl and trying to burn his relatives (Gendry). And just last episode (or was it episode 7?) Mel was again telling Stannis to burn SHireen. Zero set up???????????

?????

?????

?????

Zero set up only in your head.

Archived