Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 2 (Book Spoilers)

It wasn't their choice to make. Emilia Clarke has a career beyond the small screen now and hasn't shown her tits since S3, not that I blame her. But I'm guessing that it would have been pretty tough to talk an established actress into doing nude scenes with another woman.

Let's be honest here...most members of this forum would be complaining if they DID go in that direction.

Only because they'd find a creative way to screw it up. And I grant you Emilia Clarke is probably a big reason Dany's sexuality has been cut in a big way. And unlike the poor woman who played Ros, she can't exactly be jettisoned from the plot.

If the stories I heard are true the D's are pretty awful people to work with and have a pretty pronounced petty streak with those they don't like.

At this point, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they've totally forgotten that he knows that. As I pointed out in my mega-long post earlier this evening, they keep forgetting their own invented stuff (Cersei's fourth black-haired child; the fact that Shae was threatening people with death for spying on Sansa and then turns around and sells her out for no discernible onscreen reason, etc.) I have no reason to believe they remember that Jon actually does know Bran is alive, or that Sansa also knows this. I have every reason to suspect it will never, ever come up again or be addressed on the show. (See also: Blackfish's peeing prowess, the status of Edmure Tully - alive or dead? - whereabouts the BwB and Gendry... I do think they will address Balon Greyjoy's continuing aliveness next season, because they're casting Euron, but who knows, maybe he'll just appear and they'll never actually mention Balon again!)

I agree, they've either forgotten (not surprising - they thought their first scene with Stannis was him burning people among many, many, many other examples that you and others have listed) or just didn't care and used it as a one-time plot device with no intention to follow-up. I'm inclined to think the Sansa knowing about her brothers too stuff is going to go the same way. I think they only did it so she could trust Theek once again after he betrayed her the first time.

And yup, I'll be surprised if they actually have Rickon on the show again, to be honest - and especially have Davos go searching for him. It would be a really nice surprise, I'm just doubtful at this point since they really seem to be in such a huge rush to finish this all in only 20 more episodes.

How incompetent does that make them, when showrunners renowned for their dedication to injecting graphic sex into almost every episode in every season actually pass up an opportunity for lesbianism? Good lord that's incompetence right there, lol

I really enjoyed the aspect of Irri's character that I think Daenerys enjoyed, in that she is utterly non-demanding, in no way seems to covet her khaleesi's affections or be jealous of others. At that point in the story, with Jorah becoming a lot more open about his intended affections, and later Daario's entrance onto the scene, Irri's the one she can make love to without having drama attached to it.

And yes, a giant missed opportunity there D&D. You could have had lesbians. Instead you gave us nude Ramsay Bolton. Gods of all men curse you for even conceiving of that horrific image (I always picture BookRamsay. ShowRamsay is just dreamy, and yet that makes it even creepier).

Haha exactly why I was surprised they took Arianne out as well and Cersei's many seductions :dunno: they are really weird and there's no telling what their logic is.

I think Irri's relationship with Dany was really special as well, and I thought it could have worked great in the show with Missandei since they killed Irri off (sad, cause I really loved the actress. Her scene finding out Rakharo is dead was haunting and compelling).

People have probably asked this before, but if Ramsay caught and flayed the Winterfell granny (a.k.a. sole member of the GNC) and knew about the plan for Seynesa's escape, how did he not also discover Brienne in her super-secret lair? Who did he think the candle was going to be for?

No idea. Also, why did he not give a shit that Stannis was not among the dead/hostages?

Brienne: Oh I was busy killing Stannis Baratheon. He's the one who killed my dreamy Renly-muffin.

Sansa: You mean the Stannis who was trying to liberate the north from the Boltons and would have named me Wardeness of the North, restoring my family to power?

Brienne:....Oh.......Did I mention Renly was dreamy?

:lol: exactly why they wrote themselves into a hole with this one if Sansa does meet Brienne again.

:rofl:

Do you think Drogon taunts the other dragons about how mummy loves him the best? And they're like "attention-seeker, pffft!"

I hope Rickon is raised by cannibals and comes back for some Olly-Burger and Freedom Fries :P

:lol: speaking of, it would have been nice for her to mention Viserion and Rhaegal while talking to Drogon. Maybe when she asks him to take her home she could have name dropped his brothers (?) in there.

Yep, and there's still the looming question, does anyone actually care about the North anymore? Cause with no Stannis, and no northern lords, and no Jon Snow....the North is pretty much a write-off as far as this show's "protagonists" are concerned.

Oh wait, Littlefinger's going to show up with the Vale Knights. They gave Stannis's job....to Littlefinger..................................... :bang:

Yup. Not only does Rambosay get everything he wants (and St. Tyrion and Varys by extension) but so does Batfinger. Things work out for him because :dunno:

I'd be happy if the Dragons torch Tyrion a la Quentyn.

He's going to end up king of all creation in game of thrones with his loving wifes sansa dany and margerine in game of thrones and rule wisely and justly for 80 years with Ramsey as his honest brave and loyal hand of the king so no chance of Tyrion face melting sadly.

Rickon eating Olly Burger, excellent! If it's wrong, I don't care. I want that kid to die so bad.

As JCRB alluded to earlier: D & D have managed to create a character more annoying the Wesley Crusher. That's one hell of a feat.

If Ghost was always locked up, how did he appear just in time to save Sam when he defended Gilly? You know, the one time this season he showed up at all.

He also saved Sam from the Wight at the start of Season 3. Apparently, he has more of a sense for Sam than Jon. :bang:

Book Ghost would be furious with his show self.

I love Osha. That scene where she gave Maester Luwin mercy was so good. If they had any sense, they'd give her more to do.

Rickon eating Olly Burger, excellent! If it's wrong, I don't care. I want that kid to die so bad.

God, I love Natalia Tena! I would love to see her back but I'm doubtful of her and Rickon's return on the show :crying:

Probably. They're hanging out in a basement in Mereen doing bong hits and playing xBox.

:lol: in that case, I bet they're then glad mommy's gone so she doesn't bother them anymore.

It wasn't their choice to make. Emilia Clarke has a career beyond the small screen now and hasn't shown her tits since S3, not that I blame her. But I'm guessing that it would have been pretty tough to talk an established actress into doing nude scenes with another woman.

Let's be honest here...most members of this forum would be complaining if they DID go in that direction.

Yeah, because they totally couldn't have shown her just lying in bed, covered, with Irri by her side talking after it's clear they've made love (see: how they handled her scenes with Daario).

And are you really so sure book purists would have been upset that a book plot point and book relationship was in the show, assuming they did it correctly and didn't leave it in at the expense of more important stuff?

I'd be happy if the Dragons torch Tyrion a la Quentyn.

God that would be amazing. I'm done with that insufferable, smug asshole.

As JCRB alluded to earlier: D & D have managed to create a character more annoying the Wesley Crusher. That's one hell of a feat.

I seem to remember a newsgroup wesley.crusher.die.die.die or something like that. We need an olly.die.die.die

At least Wesley had a excuse for existence. He was meant to appeal the young audience. Are there any young children watching GoT?

So are you telling me that D & D had less of an excuse to create Olly than George Lucas did for creating Jar Jar Binks? I think I might agree. And I hated Jar Jar Binks.

I seem to remember a newsgroup wesley.crusher.die.die.die or something like that. We need an olly.die.die.die

Agree. Maybe we should start diefuckingolly.com.

If Olly ends saving the Night's Watch from a warp-core breach in between getting Ser Alliser stuck inside a shrinking bubble of subspace I will consider it a marked improvement over "I hate you Jon Snow, you brought in the wildlings who didn't eat my parents and killed the ones who did...you BASTARD! *stab, stab, stab*"

Sometimes I feel bad for hating Olly specially because of how bad it was for Wil Wheaton. I mean, in my case, I'm against the character, not the kid who looks like he's sweet (I hope). Problem is that many would actually hate the actor as well and it's not his fault.

I asked Wheaton in his tumblr what he felt about the Olly hate and he hasn't answered. At least Wheaton grew up ok and he's a normal person.

Guys can you imagine book Daenarys leaving a breadcrumb for Daario and Jorah to save her?

Hell no. She's having rider-sex with Drogon and eating horse freshly roasted when the Dothraki find her. In that scene she has all the power, and the Dothraki none. BookDaenerys would not tolerate this shit.

....and I don't even like BookDaenerys. Goddamn it D's, I'm rooting for characters based on the sheer level of fuckery you have passed off on them. Next thing you know I'll be pinning a Targ shield next to my Flaming heart one up on the wall *lights a cigaratte and leaves grumbling*

Sometimes I feel bad for hating Olly specially because of how bad it was for Wil Wheaton. I mean, in my case, I'm against the character, not the kid who looks like he's sweet (I hope). Problem is that many would actually hate the actor as well and it's not his fault.

Oh, I know what you mean. The kid who played Joff seems to be a fine young man. Yet, everyone hated Joff, which everyone was meant to. Anybody that can't separate the actor from the character has issues.

So, go ahead and hate Olly and don't feel too bad. The thing is though is that D & D probably never intended for people to find Olly so damn annoying.

Archived