Has the show lost it's heart?

Getright

When you say things like this I have to simply stop listening as they are simply not true. 

It's pretty delusional to claim that D+D don't play favourites. They talk on the inside the episodes about how terrible Stannis is and he only cares about ambition, they make him far more ready to burn people (fun fact: in the books, the only people Stannis has burned are convicted criminals), they can't even be bothered to remember his story (they think he burned people in the first episode of season 2) and they give him a stereotypical evil theme song. They don't like the guy.

When you say things like this I have to simply stop listening as they are simply not true. 

It's not really wrong they don't like stannis and rushed his plot with some bad stuff at the end 20 good men, changing mind over burning in a few hours, not noticing thousands of horsemen till they were 5 feet away. His plot did need to be rushed just not with poor writing.

I'm enjoying the TV show just like I loved the books.

But to be honest, the acting is good but it's lost its content and background quite hard.

It's kind of upsetting that the producers of the show just focus on just a few families when there is a wide range in westeros, the siege on Winterfell was so disappointing, just Baratheon men against Bolton, no allies and just a quick ass kicking.

What about the Umbers, Freys, Ryswells, Dustins, Cerwyns, Tallharts, Mormonts, Glovers...

Towards the first seasons, ok, the details like armour is odd due to budget, understandable. But they actually had banners of many individual houses and took into account their existence. I was really hoping to see a few Northern Mountain Clansmen in Stannis's Army with all different Banners with an epic siege, with their kind of budget it sucked ass to be honest.

I agree with you.  They focus too much on gratuitous, imaginary and violent sex scenes and not enough on the actual material in the books.  The show was great and now its on an anticlimactic downhill decline.  I admit I will watch it anyway though!  :)

But he still wants to be king yes? And a king without heir's is pointless.

If an heir is needed I am sure there are other branches of the Baratheon family, it wasn't just the three of them and he would be capable of fathering another child for another twenty years in any case (with a different wife).

If he believes himself to be azor ahai reborn what matters is the now, as in the now he has to win the iron throne and then win. Questions of heirs come afterwards, if there is any of humanity left to rule.

In terms of whether D&D like Stannis does anyone think Stannis survives  WOW as I don't.

The have removed one plot thread and three characters and cleared space for other plotlines to come.

I do think Stannis will die in TWOW. Or DoS at the latest. But I don't think he will die at Winterfell. I think he has more to do before he dies. Because as I've said, if he dies at Winterfell his entire arc in ADWD is meaningless. It doesn't change the status quo, it provides no new avenues for the story to go in. If Stannis loses at Winterfell it's just more of the Boltons in power. Likewise, by killing Stannis off in the finale, D+D rendered all the time spent on Stannis in S5 useless. What has that time achieved? It doesn't achieve anything, it's just wallowing in misery. And to add insult to injury they will probably have LF swoop in to save the day, taking the victory that would have been Stannis' in the books.

If an heir is needed I am sure there are other branches of the Baratheon family, it wasn't just the three of them and he would be capable of fathering another child for another twenty years in any case (with a different wife).

If he believes himself to be azor ahai reborn what matters is the now, as in the now he has to win the iron throne and then win. Questions of heirs come afterwards, if there is any of humanity left to rule.

No other branches have been mentioned on the show. Nor in the books, although there are Estermont Cousins but I do not believe they have any Baratheon blood. Clearly having a very clear heir, even a female one is preferable. You can't just make stuff like that up. 

It's pretty delusional to claim that D+D don't play favourites. They talk on the inside the episodes about how terrible Stannis is and he only cares about ambition, they make him far more ready to burn people (fun fact: in the books, the only people Stannis has burned are convicted criminals), they can't even be bothered to remember his story (they think he burned people in the first episode of season 2) and they give him a stereotypical evil theme song. They don't like the guy.

An on top of that in a show that loves to act like people aren't black and white they don't even give Stannis his good moments like car before the horse, Renly's peach, I will bring justice speechs

From the season 2 finale, Melisandre says this: "This war has just begun. It will last for years. Thousands will die at your command. You will betray the men serving you. You will betray your family. You will betray everything you've once held dear. And it will all be worth it, because you are the Son of Fire. You are the Warrior of Light. You will sweep aside this pretender and that one. You will be king."

What? I was talking about book Stannis, not show Stannis.

An on top of that in a show that loves to act like people aren't black and white they don't even give Stannis his good moments like car before the horse, Renly's peach, I will bring justice speechs

True. Cersei and Tyrion are whitewashed while characters like Stannis are completely shafted and made evil.

No, it's an opinion, which can't be right or wrong. You keep telling people their opinions are wrong, and that's both rude and in and of itself wrong.

hat good is an heir that is female..

Not to mention sexist. The acceptability of a Queen Regnant is what gives Daenerys Targaryen her claim on the Iron Throne. As Stannis's sole heir, Shireen Baratheon would be queen after him. Or would have, if Show!Stan hadn't burnt her at the stake. 

Well them meeting is more than they ever did in the books, and their discussions gave more hints as to where the story is going than anything in the books too. We also see the Nights King a number of times gives more insight as to the bigger picture. 

Stannis will almost certainly die in the books too.. it just hasnt happened yet.

How is them meeting more then anything they did in the books? How can you even quantify this when show and book are so much different? Both have done different things in the show as in the books. How do you quantify them meeting as ''more''? What is this even supposed to mean? It's not like Tyrion and Daenerys won't meet in the books. In the show hasn't brought any notable development for either or resulted in something important. Tyrion just acted all high an mighty and everyone immediately accepted him (What happened to being a kinslaying dwarf? Why do Tywin and Cersei even have a problem with Tyrion if everyone loves him? Cersei especially since she has been incredibly whitewashed). What hints did we get about the story? Please explain this. Dany's story is largely the same as in the books. Tyrion now gets to rule Meeren I guess? (for no reason at all btw) and that's it?   In the books he single-handedly convinces fAegon to invade Westeros instead of going to Dany. That's pretty significant. Oops, I forget. Aegon is not important, just like Euron wasn't until he got cast. But this isn't even important since show and book Tyrion are completely different with different actions. You seem to think Show Tyrion has done more and better just by meeting  Dany. Something book Tyrion will do anyway, and it will be much better handled.

I thought you were talking about both.

The guy responded with a book quote. I said that doesn't even foreshadow Shireen's burning in the books, much less in the show (which he also said foreshadowed the burning somehow). The rest I was just trying to explain how everything actually points to Stannis not burning Shireen. Since he burned her in the show already, it's obvious I meant in the book. And it's hard to talk about both at the same time, when they are so different.

How is them meeting more then anything they did in the books? How can you even quantify this when show and book are so much different? Both have done different things in the show as in the books. How do you quantify them meeting as ''more''? What is this even supposed to mean? It's not like Tyrion and Daenerys won't meet in the books. In the show hasn't brought any notable development for either or resulted in something important. Tyrion just acted all high an mighty and everyone immediately accepted him (What happened to being a kinslaying dwarf? Why do Tywin and Cersei even have a problem with Tyrion if everyone loves him? Cersei especially since she has been incredibly whitewashed). What hints did we get about the story? Please explain this. Dany's story is largely the same as in the books. Tyrion now gets to rule Meeren I guess? (for no reason at all btw) and that's it?   In the books he single-handedly convinces fAegon to invade Westeros instead of going to Dany. That's pretty significant. Oops, I forget. Aegon is not important, just like Euron wasn't until he got cast. But this isn't even important since show and book Tyrion are completely different with different actions. You seem to think Show Tyrion has done more and better just by meeting  Dany. Something book Tyrion will do anyway, and it will be much better handled.

I am sorry but it is hard to take this post seriously when you write something so absurd.

I am sorry but it is hard to take this post seriously when you write something so absurd.

Nice meaningless one-liner. I never meant to say they should love him. I was just wondering why don't they since everyone can only tell him how awesome he is. That wasn't supposed to be an actual argument, I was just thinking aloud, that's why I put it in brackets. It's pretty funny though. Tyrion's family hates him, while random strangers give him their city to rule after 1 day. Or is your problem I called Cersei whitewashed? This is simply a fact.

Still waiting for you to explain how exactly the show foreshadowed Shireen's burning. And yes, that my line is a bit absurd. Just like this whole show.

Nice meaningless one-liner. I never meant to say they should love him. I was just wondering why don't they since everyone can only tell him how awesome he is. That wasn't supposed to be an actual argument, I was just thinking aloud, that's why I put it in brackets. It's pretty funny though. Tyrion's family hates him, while random strangers give him their city to rule after 1 day. Or is your problem I called Cersei whitewashed? This is simply a fact.

Still waiting for you to explain how exactly the show foreshadowed Shireen's burning. And yes, that my line is a bit absurd. Just like this whole show.

Why are you waiting for me to explain something I was even talking about?

And yes, it has clearly been explained on the show why Cersei hates Tyrion, so yes that staement was absurd.

And let's not forget that slave prostitutes offer him free sex. Obviously, being such a swell guy he declines. That's downright offensive.

Why are you waiting for me to explain something I was even talking about?

And yes, it has clearly been explained on the show why Cersei hates Tyrion, so yes that staement was absurd.

Oops. I mistook you for JagLover. Sorry about that.

And yes I know it has been explained. Just in my last post I said I never meant to say Tywin or Cersei should love him or anything. I just find it funny a guy hated by his own blood, his family, gets put in charge of a whole city. And that's after being there for a day, and gets along with everyone just fine.

And let's not forget that slave prostitutes offer him free sex. Obviously, being such a swell guy he declines. That's downright offensive.

Yup. But I'm sure D&D think this scene was awesome because it show once again how superior Tyrion is in comparison to everyone. 

This is perhaps the pettiest thing D+D have ever done. Not only do they cut the scene from the books, which was one of the most important scenes to Tyrion's development, but they waste time on a scene which is the outright opposite. They're sooooo blatant with their character favouritism. 

Archived