Who will Aegon VI name as Lord of Storm's End?

Seems as though Aegon has a few empty castles to fill.

Also, I'd love it if House Manderly ended up being the new Lords of Highgarden under Aegon's watch (or at least got promised Highgarden before Aegon invariably is killed.) But seriously, if Aegon takes Westeros I can only imagine that he'll need new lords in Storm's End, Highgarden and Casterly Rock. There's no way to accept the three (two) houses at the very top back into the king's peace should he win.

I agree that Jon Conningto would make a lot of sense. The problem is that Jon would refuse, since he knows he's going to die shortly and he doesn't have any heir (besides Red Ronnet, and he woudn't be interested at all in helping him seize the power).

A possible alternative would be Harry Strickland. Not the best of the choices, but after all he is the commander of the GC and they have been instrumental in the conquest of the Storlands. The only other option I could think of would be some Stormlord who defects early on and join the Blackfyres.

Some of the ships that brought the GC across the narrow sea are missing. It's likely to assume that they have incountered Salladhor Saan. Saan knows were Edric Storm is, my theory is that he will deliver Edric Storm to FAegon. After all one of Saan's forebears was a member of the Ninepenny kings, like the GC was. Faegon will then legitimize Edric Storm and make him Edric Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End. This will make the Florents remaining in the south take his side (friends in the reach). The stormlords will be satisified with this choice because they knew Edric, and they knew Robert & Renly & Penrose loved him well. It would also suit Jon Connington because Edric is a minor and he can rule as regent as long as Edric comes of age. He has the Baratheon looks unlike Tommen/Myrcella. He also grew up there. It also mirrors the Aegon the conqueror & Orys story. Saan is also a natural ally to Aegon since the GC doesn't have a fleet but they have large amounts of money while Saan has about a dozen ships and not much money. Aurane Waters and Lord Sunglass could join as well.

^Either I'm confused or you are. Why would making Edric the lord of Storms End bring the Florents to his side? Edric was a bastard sired in Stannis' bed on the night he married his Florent wife. That is potentially the person they would least like to have that position as his very existence is an insult.

The real problem with Edric tho is Jon Connington, as he has promised to wipe out the usurpers line. That includes Edric.

Right about Connington not having an heir, that's why I thought it begged the question of if not him, then who? There are no stormlords that would have the poetic element of Aegon naming Wyman Manderly the new Lord of Highgarden.

I don't know what became of Saan, but we do know that the Lord of the Waters has set up shop not far from where the Golden Company is landing. Perhaps Cersei's dromonds are about to be used against her. Combine that with the Manderly fleet and (possibly) the Gulltown fleet and there's a chance that fAegon might actually be in a position to launch the Battle of the Blackwater round 2.

Seems as though Aegon has a few empty castles to fill.

Also, I'd love it if House Manderly ended up being the new Lords of Highgarden under Aegon's watch (or at least got promised Highgarden before Aegon invariably is killed.) But seriously, if Aegon takes Westeros I can only imagine that he'll need new lords in Storm's End, Highgarden and Casterly Rock. There's no way to accept the three (two) houses at the very top back into the king's peace should he win.

Ageon appointing Manderly as lord of highgarden is too far-fetched. There are too many friends of Golden Company in the Reach to bring an outsider to be the overlord. It is often said that Willas is a smart guy, so if he sees things are going bad for a Tyrell-Lannister rule, he will let the Tyrells lose Iron Throne(ie Margaery's queenship) to keep Highgarden. If Tyrells are eradicated, there is Randyll Tarly who people already suspect fo be working for the "Targaryen" cause. And the Hightowers. And there was a Fossoway who took part in the war of nine-penny kings. Willas's wife is a Fossoway.

As to Storm's End, Jon Connington is the natural choice. GIven what Robert did to the Targaryen dynasty, no one would blame Aegon for removing the Baratheons completely from power. Renly is dead, and Stannis is not popular, and even those lords who supported Stannis in the War of 5 kings were men nearby dragonstone, who had strong ties to the Targaryens even before the conquest.

But, thanks to greyscale, JonCon is walking dead, and unlikely to have heirs. I can't think of anyone in Stormlands who will be found acceptable by most of the bannermen. If Aegon acts like his ancestors Daemon I and II to be generous to foes to make friends out of them, Edric Storm or Gendry(if they can find him) could be given the rule of Storm's End. Edric Storm is the only bastard acknowledged by Robert, and if Aegon gives Highgarden to Edric's mother's family, the Florents, it could mean Aegon has most of the South strongly bound to his rule. As of now, most Florent men are with Stannis, I guess. But Sam's mother is a Florent, too. So Aegon, Randyll Tarly and Edric ruling Crownlands, Reach and Stormlands would make quite an alliance.

Edric is currently in Lys with Salladhor Saan (whose ancestor also took part in the ninepenny war) as his sponsor. Edric's love for his father is more of an obstacle for him becoming Aegon's supporter, than Aegon's anger towards house Baratheon. Dany and JonCon wants the usurper's line destroyed, but Illyrio, Varys and Haldon may not share that fervor.

I think Strickland is a decent idea. He doesn't want to campaign so just let him sit in Storm's End and send out soldiers. He has plenty of experience, I would assume.

Edric or Gendry would be good for popular support.

A Peake would be good too. I mean he's got three handy and who has been bigger supporters than House Peake? At least one deserves a lordship and I'd make another a KG. If he's a Blackfyre.

Aegon will sure try to give Storm's End to JonCon but as he will not want it, maybe storm's end will end in hands of one of golden company commanders like for example strong or mudd (Aegon despises Strickland as he is cowardly)

P.S. House Peake still exist in Reach

P.P.S. Noone important know gendry is robert's bastard and noone important care about him so no way he get it

Not sure he would give it to Strickland, yes getting him out of the field would be good. But, Strickland also seems to be the most likely potential sell out, he's cowardly and barely committed to the cause. Would you really want him holding one of the linchpins and strong points of your invasion?  

There is no other candidate to give it to, literally.  Connington is not going to take it when he and his line are done, and Strickland leads Aegons only force.  If you give someone subordinate to Strickland Storms End then what prize is left for him?

The only other possibility, which is actually fairly likely is that he appoints a castellan and waits for things to play out more.

The only other possibility, which is actually fairly likely is that he appoints a castellan and waits for things to play out more.

I'd probably go with that. Strickland is the sort of guy you want to keep close to make sure he doesn't get up to any sort of mischief. 

Edric Storm, assuming he's been sheltering with the Golden Company will likely get it. His forefather Orys Baratheon was likely a bastard brother of Aegon I Targaryen, so it'd be fitting for another bastard to inherit the Stormlands.  I'm quite sure Edric isn't the least bit loyal to the true (or supposedly true) Baratheons and would follow Aegon VI anywhere. Additionally, he's enormously likeable and popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Legitimizing Edric makes the most sense. What I can't see happening is the Manderlys taking Highgarden. Why in the world would a Northern house take over in the Reach? I doubt very highly they'd be welcomed by the bannerman or smallfolk. I'm not sure who would be the best candidate to take Highgarden, but definitely not the Manderlys.

Legitimizing Edric makes the most sense. What I can't see happening is the Manderlys taking Highgarden. Why in the world would a Northern house take over in the Reach? I doubt very highly they'd be welcomed by the bannerman or smallfolk. I'm not sure who would be the best candidate to take Highgarden, but definitely not the Manderlys.

A lot of Houses in the Reach still grumble about the Tyrells being "Up jumped stewards" especially the Florents but they have strong ties to House Redwyne, The Fossoways and the The Hightowers. The Manderlys were originally from the reach but i agree i doubt they would welcomed with them back being in the North so long. I think the Tyrells might still hold Highgarden by the end of the series but i thought perhaps Mathis Rowan from Golden Grove he seemed disgusted with what happened to Elia and her kids, Randyl Tarly appears to be a loyal Bannermen but Kevan Lannister thought he could be swayed to house Lannister if he was offered the position of Hand, he might join them if they gain support and he is offered Highgarden....but he is not much loved by his fellows in the reach.

I think he would offer it to JonCon but (F)Aegon seems to be heeding his council less and less and i think he would refuse on account of him dying and (F)Aegon might take it as an insult.....maybe foolishly give it to one of his sell swords??

There is too much build up with the whole house gardner deal. It would be the ultimate irony for the tyrell's to lose their whole family to the "targs".. Aegon wins, they jump ship to aegon, and then remainder face Daenery's in a field and then dragons happen. That would be epic.

Hahaha i would agree but currently (F)Aegon's no where near strong enough he would need to marry Arianne before he poses a real threat,

the only reason he hasn't been spanked and tossed back in the sea is because the IT is busy. Would Mace really relinquish his daughters Crown to bend the knee to (F)Aegon now that he has achieved his ambition?

WOW Spoiler

[spoiler]Lets not forget in the WOW Arianne sample chapter Teora Toland told Arianne that she dreamed of Dragons Dancing...."They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died." think it's Euron or (F)Aegon who steals one of Danys dragons?[/spoiler]

Archived