Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

And there are no true knights! They just sidestepped all of that. So what is the point of Dunk's journey. To fuck his way across Westeros.

I think we should wait to see how much they are going to fuck up Arthur Dayne next season to realise how will be Dunk's destiny.

But I wouldn't have much hope.

And that's just book 1!!!

Lady Rohanne will have a scene in which she seduces Dunk in a classic D&D striping sceneTM: letting her dress fall on the floor. They, of course, will have sex.

Daemon... HE IS GAY AND WE WILL KNOW IT. WE WILL KNOW IT IN EVERY SCENE HE WILL BE IN. And he will be quite offensively predatory towards Dunk, in a way that is almost sexual harassment that will be played by the laughs instead of be called what it probably will be.

I was hoping for you to bring up Daemon   :rofl:  We're never really gonna forgive D&D for the whole Loras (and Renly) thing, are we?

(No.)

(We aren't.)

Oh, no, imagine with they will do with sad Rhaegar strumming on his harp. He'll join Robert. They'll have threesomes with Lyanna.

If they do this, Robert will likely be the cool nice good chap their fans believe him to be. And of course, they are going to overplay the whole "rescuing maidens" in his feelings about Lyanna. I mean, just look at many people blindly defend him believing her to be his possession: "Rhaegar stole her from me", a way of thinking that doesn't consider the (very likely) fact she ran with him by her own will. Lyanna running away with a man she chose, despite it wasn't the norm in those days and was a bit dishonourable, will play in a way that make Robert the victim. Not the Starks, not even Lyanna herself. Robert.

And of course, they will downplay his drinking and whoring, or treat it like nothing happens because it's normal for guys to drink and whore in the way Robert did. I mean, it's not like even men in Westeros said he was a drunken mess at all.

Aren't you glad he's not on the show?

Even though theres an older handsome man with greyscale that would've been perfect as joncon.

I'm glad he wasn't cast and ruined? Yes.

I'm mad at the fact they believe him to not be interesting enough to be considered, probably because he's not that obvious about his sexuality nor is a walking cliché, talks about weddings or is called the Knight of Pansies. Without sounding biased, he's probably on the top ten of the current badasses of Westeros, specially because he's conquering the Stormlands with very scarce resources while the rest is just still "planning" to do it.

So, yeah, I'm mad.

I think season 6 will be even worse than the 5th. Two more after that will just be completely terrible. I have a feeling what they do in season 6 will determine if there is a season 8. The emperor wears clothes phenomenon will start to fade, it's only a matter of time. I remember when House was a juggernaut and with one car driven through a house, it really went down hill from there.

I'm glad he wasn't cast and ruined? Yes.

I'm mad at the fact they believe him to not be interesting enough to be considered, probably because he's not that obvious about his sexuality nor is a walking cliché, talks about weddings or is called the Knight of Pansies. Without sounding biased, he's probably on the top ten of the current badasses of Westeros, specially because he's conquering the Stormlands with very scarce resources while the rest is just still "planning" to do it.

So, yeah, I'm mad.

Im conflicted I miss him amd aegon their journey with tyrion on the boat then doing in 2 chapters what Dany couldn't do in 5 books going to Westeros and kicking arse but I know he'd be a terrible character on the show "fucking every stableboy in the reach".

I personally will never forgive them for Jon Con :(

Ah, you and me both...
That said, the two more obvious/popular options for a sequel both involve a gay guy (JonCon in Bob's Rebelion, Daemon in D&E), funnily enough.
...God, could you imagine if we got Jon on a prequel despite him not existing on the show? Eeurgh.

I think season 6 will be even worse than the 5th. Two more after that will just be completely terrible. I have a feeling what they do in season 6 will determine if there is a season 8. The emperor wears clothes phenomenon will start to fade, it's only a matter of time. I remember when House was a juggernaut and with one car driven through a house, it really went down hill from there.

Dorne was much much worse than House crashing Cuddy's home and people still like GoT.

Dorne was much much worse than House crashing Cuddy's home and people still like GoT.

But I have a feeling they are going to do something even worse next season with another female character, and at this point it would be blatant that they don't give a fuck. I was surprised that so many critics were upset with the Sansa rape. I didn't expect any blow back. So, if they have yet another situation like that happen for no reason, but to rape a character in a sensationalized way, it may really shift the critics. Plus, I think there will be more major plot holes that even the sycophantic critics cannot be blind to.

If they do this, Robert will likely be the cool nice good chap their fans believe him to be. And of course, they are going to overplay the whole "rescuing maidens" in his feelings about Lyanna. I mean, just look at many people blindly defend him believing her to be his possession: "Rhaegar stole her from me", a way of thinking that doesn't consider the (very likely) fact she ran with him by her own will. Lyanna running away with a man she chose, despite it wasn't the norm in those days and was a bit dishonourable, will play in a way that make Robert the victim. Not the Starks, not even Lyanna herself. Robert.

And of course, they will downplay his drinking and whoring, or treat it like nothing happens because it's normal for guys to drink and whore in the way Robert did. I mean, it's not like even men in Westeros said he was a drunken mess at all.

Lyanna will wear a fug black dress and say "I know what you want" to Robert, but they will never show what she wants because IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE WANTS. But they will show us what he wants again and again and again.

They got all romantic about Robert last season, with the feather. They said he loved Lyanna, and they wanted Fansa to think about that. While she was being pimped out. Just before she got raped. After they cut her story. And had her play someone else.

"We thought it would be kind of a great thing to have Sansa wondering about it," co-creator D.B. Weiss notes. "Hopefully viewers wonder: Where did I see that before? – and then remember that in the first episode of the show, this is something that Robert left to remember the woman he loved."

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/sansa-stark-crypts-feather

Ah, you and me both...
That said, the two more obvious/popular options for a sequel both involve a gay guy (JonCon in Bob's Rebelion, Daemon in D&E), funnily enough.
...God, could you imagine if we got Jon on a prequel despite him not existing on the show? Eeurgh.

Jon is mentioned in the History of Westeros thingies they do, as "Robert defeated/fought the Hand of the King". So, canonically, he exists in the show but hasn't been named. 

And of course, they will completely changed the BotB. All the cool things Jon did there won't be mentioned because as Robert was the winner, it won't be room for some Griffin awesomeness. Despite he managed to kill and wound important Rebels and managed to retreat all of the troops, it will be shown as a humiliating battle.

Although my main concern is where is he going to live as the Griffin's Roost does not exist in the official maps of Westeros.

Lyanna will wear a fug black dress and say "I know what you want" to Robert, but they will never show what she wants because IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE WANTS. But they will show us what he wants again and again and again.

They got all romantic about Robert last season, with the feather. They said he loved Lyanna, and they wanted Fansa to think about that. While she was being pimped out. Just before she got raped. After they cut her story. And had her play someone else.

I hadn't read this. I wish I didn't.

So... it's like they WANT US to think Lyanna was raped despite the only one who believes so is Robert Baratheon. They do love their frat boys, don't they? Also, I have to laugh at them thinking they fool us. I'm sure 90% of the Unsullied already googled who Jon's parents are. :lol:

God. That's awful.

Although my main concern is where is he going to live as the Griffin's Roost does not exist in the official maps of Westeros.

Eeh. In a brothel? He can be Oberyn's roommate.

You had to remind me. I forgot about that. That show died after that. But if there had been boobs, who knows.

I started watching House during the last season. Having a lot of friends and family being doctors, I never liked that kind of portrayal of medical people (also how many women were all for the "this man is broken, I can fix it" trope that I also see in tbbt fans. That never ends up well). And what I liked about the last season, once I saw the rest, is that they weren't that much repetitive about how House solved the mysteries. IICR, in many episodes, he wasn't even around and the team did it.

Nevertheless, House still have a bit of a plot and arcs. Him adapting to the life after jail and how his team was gone, the team trying to return to "normal", Dominica's arc, Wilson's cancer, etc. It wasn't a lot of scenes that had nothing to do with each other like mostly of the GoT scenes.

Also, House didn't end up in Japan wearing a kimono while killer geishas tried to kill Thirteen after he raped Cuddy.

But I have a feeling they are going to do something even worse next season with another female character, and at this point it would be blatant that they don't give a fuck. I was surprised that so many critics were upset with the Sansa rape. I didn't expect any blow back. So, if they have yet another situation like that happen for no reason, but to rape a character in a sensationalized way, it may really shift the critics. Plus, I think there will be more major plot holes that even the sycophantic critics cannot be blind to.

This. Let them continue their charade for a little longer.  I'm optimistic that this news is great for those who want this show to crash and burn. It's like slowing down a trainwreck, it will be that much sweeter when it eventually crashes. And it will, look at one season of original content they produced and the reaction it got out of critics who are breaking away from sheep mentality. The longer this goes on the likelier those who remembered this show in s1 as a complex and epic story will become more disillusioned with cheap tricks they're pulling constantly.

Anyone who calls what's happening as a niche thing as "hating the show has become the new thing" is delusional. We wouldn't be here tiring thread after thread about this show if it didn't affect/upset this many people. The show is garnering reputation as a misogynistic show which is saying something. Word of mouth matters, that's how this whole show got this big. If your female fanbase (who haven't quit already) are not recommending this show or recommending it with a caveat "Yeahh.... the show is not good with depictions of violence against women so be warned about that" you know you're not getting the reaction you want.

So yeah. The financial success of the show doesn't matter to me as much as the show getting more and more bad rep and criticism as time passes and I can get entertainment out of it. Yes, I'm this angry about this show at this point.

Archived