Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Anyone who calls what's happening as a niche thing as "hating the show has become the new thing" is delusional. We wouldn't be here tiring thread after thread about this show if it didn't affect/upset this many people. The show is garnering reputation as a misogynistic show which is saying something. Word of mouth matters, that's how this whole show got this big. If your female fanbase (who haven't quit already) are not recommending this show or recommending it with a caveat "Yeahh.... the show is not good with depictions of violence against women so be warned about that" you know you're not getting the reaction you want.

Yeah, the hate toward women just oozes off the screen. They can make all the money they want, but we can call them on the hate all we want, too.

Im conflicted I miss him amd aegon their journey with tyrion on the boat then doing in 2 chapters what Dany couldn't do in 5 books going to Westeros and kicking arse but I know he'd be a terrible character on the show "fucking every stableboy in the reach".

Haha, you're a generous fellow. I bet they'd have had him perv all over Aegon whilst pining for Rhaegar Baelish-style, because creatively it demonstrates just how lucky Khaleesi is to have Jorah despite friendzoning him. 

Also, House didn't end up in Japan wearing a kimono while killer geishas tried to kill Thirteen after he raped Cuddy.

House was never as bad as GoT. I liked him the way he was, he adjusted himself a bit, and that was good enough. People don't have to be perfect. It makes them more appealing to me when they are not.

But I have a feeling they are going to do something even worse next season with another female character, and at this point it would be blatant that they don't give a fuck. I was surprised that so many critics were upset with the Sansa rape. I didn't expect any blow back. So, if they have yet another situation like that happen for no reason, but to rape a character in a sensationalized way, it may really shift the critics. Plus, I think there will be more major plot holes that even the sycophantic critics cannot be blind to.

Call me an optimist, but I think they tone down the fetish violence against women and try to give Sansa more character growth and an important storyline.  Don't get me wrong, they will certainly fuck it up.  D&D are hacks, hacks blow in the wind.  They finally got some long overdue blowback and will try to compensate.  Regardless of what the little bon... boys on this forum find entertaining, I think most people find that very distasteful, and recognize how gratuitous it was even if they haven't read the books.  I think, and hope, we've seen the high water mark for fetishized sexual violence on GOT.  Which won't stop me making fun of them.

Call me an optimist, but I think they tone down the fetish violence against women and try to give Sansa more character growth and an important storyline.  Don't get me wrong, they will certainly fuck it up.  D&D are hacks, hacks blow in the wind.  They finally got some long overdue blowback and will try to compensate.  Regardless of what the little bon... boys on this forum find entertaining, I think most people find that very distasteful, and recognize how gratuitous it was even if they haven't read the books.  I think, and hope, we've seen the high water mark for fetishized sexual violence on GOT.  Which won't stop me making fun of them.

Your an optimist

Why would they stop? They didn't stop with the outcry over Jaime and Cersei. They got worse. And now they are doing their own thing.

But the outcry gets louder every time they do it as the pattern gets more and more blatant to even casual viewers.  I don't imagine some mass rebellion of Unsullied, but they are getting a lot of well deserved and long overdue criticism.  Like I said, hacks blow in the wind.  Just my optimistic opinion.

Edit: There will definitely still be lots of sexism to talk about, just less rape, I hope (fingers crossed).

But the outcry gets louder every time they do it as the pattern gets more and more blatant to even casual viewers.  I don't imagine some mass rebellion of Unsullied, but they are getting a lot of well deserved and long overdue criticism.  Like I said, hacks blow in the wind.  Just my optimistic opinion.

I doubt it any outcry is crushed under a wave of overzealous fans and Emmy nominations.

I doubt it any outcry is crushed under a wave of overzealous fans and Emmy nominations.

Call me an optimistic cynical conspiracy nut, but I think those Emmy's were "bought."  Probably not with wads of cash, but HBO is powerful and GOT is their flagship program, I think they pulled some strings, called in some favors, made some promises, to cover for the shitshow that was season 5.  I could certainly be wrong, I don't know how Hollywood or the Emmy's work.

Call me an optimistic cynical conspiracy nut, but I think those Emmy's were "bought."  Probably not with wads of cash, but HBO is powerful and GOT is their flagship program, I think they pulled some strings, called in some favors, made some promises, to cover for the shitshow that was season 5.  I could certainly be wrong, I don't know how Hollywood or the Emmy's work.

I partly agree but I'm not even sure if calling in favours is necessary the last lotr movie got all the oscars and that wasn't the best. I don't remember the last few Oscars winners but I remember 12 years a slave getting beat picture and being very confused with that,to me Oscars and Emmy are meaningless.

I partly agree but I'm not even sure if calling in favours is necessary the last lotr movie got all the oscars and that wasn't the best. I don't remember the last few Oscars winners but I remember 12 years a slave getting beat picture and being very confused with that,to me Oscars and Emmy are meaningless.

I agree. Those award shows are basically popularity contests. It's great when genuinely good films win like 12 Years a Slave but then alot of the times they totally ignore other films, shows, directors, actors that should have received an award.  How many times has Modern Family won best comedy? It was a funny show the first few years, but now it's kind of lame. But it gets nominated every year. Tatiana Maslany only just got nominated for Orphan Black after being in that show for 3 years, proving her shit as an actress by playing  9 distinctive characters and counting. So much of these shows are about who you know and what's 'hot' at the moment.

I hope you are right, but why would they need to change when they are getting rewarded with more seasons, more money, and possible awards? The show watchers even spiked their ratings for the season finale. They are only getting some bad criticism but not enough of a monetary and ratings blow back yet. I am so annoyed that a show I used to like has become a show that I feel enraged by.

Lyanna will wear a fug black dress and say "I know what you want" to Robert, but they will never show what she wants because IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE WANTS. But they will show us what he wants again and again and again.

They got all romantic about Robert last season, with the feather. They said he loved Lyanna, and they wanted Fansa to think about that. While she was being pimped out. Just before she got raped. After they cut her story. And had her play someone else.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/sansa-stark-crypts-feather

Well if they are going back to Robert's Rebillion, how about going back a bit further and show us the young Petyr Baelish!   Just think of the pathos they could wring out of the story of how bravely he fought for Cat and She. Broke. His. Heart!    :ack:

Well if they are going back to Robert's Rebillion, how about going back a bit further and show us the Petyr Baelish!   Just think of the pathos they could wring out of the story of how bravely he fought for Cat and [font='comic sans ms']She. Broke. His. Heart![/font]    :ack:

I just threw up in my mouth a lot thanks for that

You are bad and should feel bad doing d&d's work for them.

N'ah.  Now I'm thinkin' about the story of the plucky little dwarf boy being treated so cruelly by his father and sister.  His beloved older brother is his only friend.

Oh the heart tugs, the sentimentality, the gross manipulation of feelings.   A masterpiece!!              :bowdown:

Archived