Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I just want to come in here and cry that the latest makes it sound like we're getting "at least" 8 seasons.

Yep, guess they need Martin's material to finish it out.  They can stretch current material into next season with their new 'original content' and then wait for Winds for season 7-8.

This could be considered an indication this last season wasn't well received and the execs don't believe D&D can handle things on their own.

Yep, guess they need Martin's material to finish it out.  They can stretch current material into next season with their new 'original content' and then wait for Winds for season 7-8.

This could be considered an indication this last season wasn't well received and the execs don't believe D&D can handle things on their own.

Didn't they always want 8 seasons and it was d&d that were pushing for 7. And well all those nominations i don't know if it wasn't well received.

@Bobby B.: At least it's locked now. I just glimpsed into it here and there and all I could think of was: "It's hopeless, it's all hopeless."

But once more I've seen the reason why the Rant & Rave thread is so important to us.

THIS. People in other threads actually mention this thread on a regular basis-talking about how negative we are...but those other threads can get really mean and crazy. Give me Rant and Rave any day.

I just want to come in here and cry that the latest makes it sound like we're getting "at least" 8 seasons.

Oh wow, where did you see that?

Another.

"I think there's no two showrunners who are more careful about not over-stepping what they think the line is."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/game-of-thrones-very-likely-to-run-for-8-seasons-total

Creatively it makes sense to him, because he wants to make money! Is this double talk or what.

And Bran pushed out a window in the books has nothing to do with THEIR decision to have Sansa play a minor character. Nice try.

Is it bad that this news is giving me a devilish delight? I've grown fond of hating the show now, even though I'm sure there will be a few aspects that will infuriate me in the next 3 years though most of the damage is done by the end of s5. It will become such a mumbo jumbo mess that if ever some show watchers decide to read the books afterwards they will wonder if they watched the same series. I'm sure they will have no trouble filling in the gaps with more brotrips, boobs, and shocks and yadda yadda you know the drill. And if gods be good, some actors may even notice the drop in quality after cheerily calling the scripts "best" and "better" and stuff every year, since they've run out of material to adapt and are just using scenes to set up shock scenes instead of character building.

The longer the show goes on, the bigger the chance the show's writing will be called into question, imo.

And a prequel. And I'd rather have that as there's less room to screw up. But I'd rather not have the same people who brought us the Sand Snakes, 20 good men, and bad pussy, to take care of this.

Daemon: So Rhaenyra, why do you want to fight your brother?

Rhaenyra: When I was a little girl...

*10 minutes later*

...And that's why. I am Rhaenyra Targaryen, daughter of Viserys Targaryen of House Targaryen. I fight for House Targaryen. Who do you fight for?!

*stabs random Green prisoner*

Or

Rhaenyra: That one eyed freak killed my son. We must avenge him! Call the army!

Daemon: I don't need an army. I need 2 good men.

And plus, this probably means more D&D+B original content! After the mess they made of Dorne this year, I eagerly await what wonders they will come up with, lol. Let the the showpologists keep defending them then. Dorne was pretty much universally hated this year. You won't even find many apologists defending Dorne, no matter how much they like to advocate for the writers' mess.

I am late to this but LongRider, you had me chuckling at the "both riders should be on the horse's back." I was wondering on a horse where else could you sit... maybe strap you to the undercarriage? But yes, it's been a long time since I've been on any part of a horse, but NEVER north of the withers!

I've been 'north of the horse's withers' a time or two, not on purpose tho!

Stranger recast! :lol: I think our first hint that Sandor is back will be this horse, so he'll have his moment in the spotlight. It would be nice if he actually liked him. And if someone called him by his name, please. That's a rant right there. Why has no one called him Stranger yet? Maisie knows that's his name, she called him that.

If Stranger was recast they could get a horse like the one from the Outlander pic.  I think that horse may be a Friesian.  That would be a good choice, they are large black horses with long manes and tales, very theatrical.  Rory would look nice on one.    Plenty of room for Sansa.   :leer:       

http://kingdomofhorses.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ladyhawke-2.jpg

Why do you have to bring this sour news here. I don't think I can stomach another season.

Is there a Sept or Weirwood I can go pray to so that Martin releases WoW before season 6?

Call me crazy, but I actually think it's going to happen.

Bad news? ADoS will not arrive in time.

It sounds like they are now for some reason tyring to get two seasons for AFFC and ADWD as they are only now bringing in the Riverlands and The Iron Islands that were in both of those books. The big problem is everyone else has been advanced to where they are in the books except for Sansa, Briene and Jaime. Briene and Jaime can be fixed but Sansa is really out there. Also, if they are now expanding these two books, why did they divert Sansa at all and not cast or recast Jeyne Poole who WAS in the Pilot episode? I would be happy with 8 seasons yes but they are fucking up the sequence.

If Stranger was recast they could get a horse like the one from the Outlander pic.  I think that horse may be a Friesian.  That would be a good choice, they are large black horses with long manes and tales, very theatrical.  Rory would look nice on one.    Plenty of room for Sansa.   :leer:       

http://kingdomofhorses.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ladyhawke-2.jpg

Oh, that's what it is. That's a beautiful horse! Perfect for a big guy and passenger (properly riding in back!)

We got all the cuts, all the nonsense because Ding and Dong were pushing for 7 seasons, but we're going to get at least 8 any ways? That actually makes this abortion of a season we just got even worse, since in retrospect there was no reason for them butchering AFFC/ADWD like they did.

Way to go D&D can't even sabotage your own show properly  :ack:

And plus, this probably means more D&D+B original content! After the mess they made of Dorne this year, I eagerly await what wonders they will come up with, lol. Let the the showpologists keep defending them then. Dorne was pretty much universally hated this year. You won't even find many apologists defending Dorne, no matter how much they like to advocate for the writers' mess.

The bold is perfect. I was thinking they'd hit some book points next season, but I bet next season is all "original content" and that means all Dorne, all the time.

Archived