On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

Based on the show neither Jon or Sansa were shown interacting, neither love or indiffrence.

In book Jon remembers Sansa teaching him to dance and either complmenting a womans shoe or hair I think.

No hate in books just they considered each as a half relative.

While the Arya/Jon (related) love is apparent both in the books and the show, I cannot escape the feeling that Sansa was her mother's daughter as it relates to Jon.

Maybe not downright hostile to Jon like Cat was, but at best indifferent.

While the Arya/Jon (related) love is apparent both in the books and the show, I cannot escape the feeling that Sansa was her mother's daughter as it relates to Jon.

Maybe not downright hostile to Jon like Cat was, but at best indifferent.

She cared for him as he cared for her; I wouldn't say indifferent. They just didn't care for each other as much a they did for the rest of their siblings.

Interesting viewpoint.

Jon loved Robb, Bran and Arya,

Sansa loved Robb, Bran and Arya.

But Jon didn't love Sansa nor did Sansa love Jon.

I wouldn't say that. We have proof of them playing together, dancing, etc.

I'm in no way saying they loved each other as they loved the rest. But I believe Sansa started to realize she loved Jon deeply, although she didn't even know it. It's part of her evolution as a character.

It's hard to explain. But I think "indifference" is not the right word. 

I wouldn't say that. We have proof of them playing together, dancing, etc.

I'm in no way saying they loved each other as they loved the rest. But I believe Sansa started to realize she loved Jon deeply, although she didn't even know it. It's part of her evolution as a character.

It's hard to explain. But I think "indifference" is not the right word. 

Belief <> proof, Ingleheim.

Maybe Sansa will realize her love for Jon in the future.

As for now, he's just her father's bastard son.

Belief <> proof, Ingleheim.

Maybe Sansa will realize her love for Jon in the future.

As for now, he's just her father's bastard son.

I'm pretty sure you've already read this, but this essay pretty much explains what I mean: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/72119-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-x/?p=3550409

However, this is the Show forum. And you are right: on the Show, they have no real relationship, at all.

But I mention this again: Ramsay telling her of Jon being LC now is not a coincidence.

Yep.

They pretty much ignore each other, at best.

So why are you shipping them like a Harry Potter / Hermione Granger fangirl ?

I don't really ship them; I just think it's likely to happen.

I ship Jon and Val, and her show version, Karsi, was killed 15 minutes after we met her  :frown5:

I think I would absolutely hate if they introduced a love interest between any of the main characters. It reduces the whole story to a cheesy romance and I think GRRM isn't trying to do that.

I've not been a massive fan of any of the romances so far in the book, though possibly on the show they feel a little more real

It's a fact of life. To exclude that part of life from the story would be to make GoT, which prides itself on its realism, that much more unrealistic.

I think I would absolutely hate if they introduced a love interest between any of the main characters. It reduces the whole story to a cheesy romance and I think GRRM isn't trying to do that.

I've not been a massive fan of any of the romances so far in the book, though possibly on the show they feel a little more real

Show wise, D&D are controling that and it is a possibility. I agree that GRRM is not into cheesy romance storylines

Yeah, or showriters in which Sansa for example and Littlefinger as well, in Season 5, are two characters that have had their story's affected by such.

Yes and sometimes showwriters improve the characters that GRRM has poorly written such as Jorah not being a pervy, ogling rapist-in-waiting, and Dany an ever ready tit-bearing lesbian come the night.

I think it's too big change for it to happen in the show if it's never going to happen in the books.

I just think most romances on TV are handled rather badly and there are usually far more interesting stories to be told than reducing Game of thrones down to a 'will they won't they' narrative.

The stuff between Jaime and Brienne was very deftly handled, didn't take over the story, and wasn't a "will they won't they" story at all.

It's unlikely considering that GRRM blatantly shows that Jon and Arya are far more likely to get together.

I mentioned it already. The only possible choices are close members of Jon's family: either his cousins (Sansa/Arya) or his aunt Daenerys.

Any of them is possible right now. Sure, Arya seems the most likely...but not as much as in the books. 

Anyway, I'd like to see if D&D choose to make him stay single.

Archived