On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

Well, she's pretty tall for a woman. 1,75 m. (5'9) at least.

She always looks like a giant mostly because Jack Gleeson, Iwan Rheon and Aidan Gillen are all 5'7 guys

Turner is nearly 1,80 cm, so she would tower over nearly every male protagonist. I do not think that the story outcome depends on boring stereotypes like Hero Carries Damsel in Distress into Sunset, Bells Ringing. Sansa has a pair of feet herself.
Turner has nearly 45 cm on Dinklage and yet Tyrion - Sansa as couple is one of several possible outcomes. Or do you expect stereotypes like tall strong hero gets the decorative girl? :ack:

I do not think Sansa would marry again unless it was her choice to do so, however on the show it is D&D's choice, not hers. Anything and anyone is possible. Perhaps she is destined to marry the Night's King?

Just to point out that Sansa is not a real life person, her choices are either defined by GRRM or by D&D, or both. 

Just to point out that Sansa is not a real life person, her choices are either defined by GRRM or by D&D, or both. 

Just pointing out any well-written character should act in a manner consistent with a real person, including the choices that they make.  Otherwise they are a sock-puppet for the author instead of being a character.  Its a basic literary concept that character actions should be internally consistent and not subject to authorial whims.

Turner is nearly 1,80 cm, so she would tower over nearly every male protagonist. I do not think that the story outcome depends on boring stereotypes like Hero Carries Damsel in Distress into Sunset, Bells Ringing. Sansa has a pair of feet herself.
Turner has nearly 45 cm on Dinklage and yet Tyrion - Sansa as couple is one of several possible outcomes. Or do you expect stereotypes like tall strong hero gets the decorative girl? :ack:

I agree with this :agree:

Sophie is 5'9 according to Celebheights. She is not 1,80m, but she is pretty tall for a girl.

And it was a joke, of course. I don't think heights matter that much; my own girlfriend is taller than me.

I used a calculator since I am totally clueless about feet and inches: and, LOL, 5.9 feet are 179,8 cm.
My, I am a number nazi today ;)

That's 5'11 actually.

5'9 is close to 1,75 m.

But I think I am going a little bit off-topic haha

180cm = 5,905511811023622 feet

Sorry, couldn't resist

Well, then I don't truly know why everyone says that 5'7 is 1,70m, and 5'11 1,80m. And no joking. I never used foot and inches untill I found this forum haha.

Just pointing out any well-written character should act in a manner consistent with a real person, including the choices that they make.  Otherwise they are a sock-puppet for the author instead of being a character.  Its a basic literary concept that character actions should be internally consistent and not subject to authorial whims.

Yeah, or showriters in which Sansa for example and Littlefinger as well, in Season 5, are two characters that have had their story's affected by such.

I don't think we are given any significant clues to Sansa marrying Jon. Jon in Sansa's story is a representation of people she thought below her as she is purged of her snobbery.

A good observartion but some times the subtle text, atleast by GRRM has some meaning later on either in the same book or in a future one.

Well yeah its like in Great Expectations. Basically you start thinking you are hot ish when in reality it turns out you just were a townie all along.

She wants Joffrey, who turns out to be a monster. Saint Tyrion is too much of a gentleman to pressure her. Then Show Sansa actually marries Ramsay, even worse. It's catharsis. If eventually Dany and Jon fight, and Jon gets his humanity restored, then him and Sansa being together would make a great deal of sense.

Well yeah its like in Great Expectations. Basically you start thinking you are hot ish when in reality it turns out you just were a townie all along.

She wants Joffrey, who turns out to be a monster. Saint Tyrion is too much of a gentleman to pressure her. Then Show Sansa actually marries Ramsay, even worse. It's catharsis. If eventually Dany and Jon fight, and Jon gets his humanity restored, then him and Sansa being together would make a great deal of sense.

To be honest, Sansa was a prisoner in both Tyrion and Ramsay marriages, Shae, as a Littlefinger agent i suspect, discouraged Tyrion from taking her on her wedding night and pretended to be in love with him to keep him mentall derailed then sold them out at the trial when her job was done. Ramsay went ahead and did what he wanted to to Sansa. Sansa had no choice in either marriage. She actually wanted none of them. She found out about Joff then went into survival mode because she was a prisoner there. She has been a prisoner ever since Littlefinger betrayed her dad in the throne room the day King Robert died. None of this is Sansa's fault.

This and the fact that they are in close proximity to one another is why I have the feeling that if Sansa and Jon get another love interest on the show, it will be each other. Especially since they are all but cousins as far as we know and never grew up like close brother and sister. Jon was with Arya but they also look alike. They both look like Starks. Sansa was distant and is Tulley in appearance in every way. I think it is hightly probable. Also, why Sansa get the R+L = ? story. I have the feeling of where this is going. Also, Jon likes Gingers.

Who doesn't like gingers ?  :dunno:

I see where you are going here.  And it's just the kind of 90 degree turn that both Martin or D&D would take.

But I just can't buy it.

Who doesn't like gingers ?  :dunno:

I see where you are going here.  And it's just the kind of 90 degree turn that both Martin or D&D would take.

But I just can't buy it.

I like Ginger females too. Guessing what will hapen is what makes these forums lots of fun. It may not happen but I have a feeling on the show, given how close in geography they are, it is a possibiltity, especially since they are cousins and not sibblings.

Archived