On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

Why ?  I can understand the Arya/Jon shippers, but the whole Sansa/Jon thing to me is like oil and water.

There's no chemistry there, none.  Both in the books and on the tv show.

Well, Sansa deserves a good man that won't hurt her. She's been out there, surrounded by cruel and despicable men like Joffrey or Littlefinger. Jon is everything she ever dreamed of.

Jon likes gingers. And his sons with her could rule Winterfell one day.

I just think Jon and Arya are too much brother and sister for that. I think they couldn't (and wouldn't) ever love each other in a romantic way, not matter if they are cousins. And I just don't like Daenerys.

Sansa and Jon would be the best option, IMO, because they don't really know each other that much. They are strangers to each other. They could really develop something beautiful.

Of course, I'm talking about which of the three options seems better for me and the characters. I'd rather have Jon stay single or married off with someone who wasn't part of his family, but neither books or show seem to be going in that direction.

Well, Sansa deserves a good man that won't hurt her. She's been out there, surrounded by cruel and despicable men like Joffrey or Littlefinger. Jon is everything she ever dreamed of.

I just think Jon and Arya are too much brother and sister for that. I think they couldn't (and wouldn't) ever love each other in a romantic way, not matter if they are cousins. And I just don't like Daenerys.

Sansa and Jon would be the best option, IMO, because they don't really know each other that much. They are strangers to each other. They could really develop something beautiful.

Of course, I'm talking about which of the three options seems better for me and the characters. I'd rather have Jon stay single or married off with someone who wasn't part of his family, but neither books or show seem to be going in that direction.

Thanks for being honest about the bolded. From what I've seen, so much of the Jon/Val and Jon/Sansa shipping seems to boil down to "I just don't like Dany," and people searching for alternatives to what very may be inevitable...

Actually in the books Jon and Ayra are the two people who love each other the most. Jon died thinking of Arya. Jon compares his love interest Ygritte to Arya. Arya compares her possible crush Gendry to Jon. In the outline, they're the ones who ended up in a romantic relationship. That's why I think they'd make the best pairing. Right now it's taboo because they believe that they're brother and sister. However, if turns out that they're cousins, their familial relationship may change to a romantic one.

P.S.

Jon does not like gingers. He likes action girls. Girls who are fiercely independent and violent. Girls like Arya, Ygritte and Val.

Jon does not have a "thing" for gingers. Not sure where that came from but it is a fallacy. Jon has a thing for independent women.

And about Jon and Arya...George originally planned for them to fall in love while still thinking that they were brother and sister and being very close in a sibling way.  So obviously he was willing to push the characters in that direction and its not something that could never happen. Also the thing about Jon and Sansa's kids ruling winterfell...the same could be said of Jon and Arya.

Pretty much every sister-brother romance in the asoiaf universe started off with the siblings being close or at least kind to eachother. Take Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and Queen Naerys for example. They were very close as children and later rumored to have been in a romantic relationship.

I've found that Jon and Sansa shippers tend to rely on Sansa's wants and needs first and foremost. But what about how Jon feels? Sansa helped make Jon feel alienated from the family and alone as a child.  What could possibly attract him to her?

Thanks for being honest about the bolded. From what I've seen, so much of the Jon/Val and Jon/Sansa shipping seems to boil down to "I just don't like Dany," and people searching for alternatives to what very may be inevitable...

It's not that simple. I ship Jon and Val for many reasons that have nothing to do with Dany. I just think she's this cool wildling Ice priest.

Actually in the books Jon and Ayra are the two people who love each other the most. Jon died thinking of Arya. Jon compares his love interest Ygritte to Arya. Arya compares her possible crush Gendry to Jon. In the outline, they're the ones who ended up in a romantic relationship. That's why I think they'd make the best pairing. Right now it's taboo because they believe that they're brother and sister. However, if turns out that they're cousins, their familial relationship may change to a romantic one.

P.S.

Jon does not like gingers. He likes action girls. Girls who are fiercely independent and violent. Girls like Arya, Ygritte and Val.

I know, I know, but I would still hate if Jon and Arya ended up together. It's his sister, not matter if they truly are cousins. 

The fact that they two love the other the most if what makes me hate the possibility. With Sansa, you have no true relationship. Sure, they grew up together, but nothing more really. That's why it would feel far less like incest and more like a true relationship.

It's his sister, not matter if they truly are cousins.

You keep saying this but that exact same logic can be applied to Jon and Sansa as well.

Also Jon and Sansa did have a relationship. A very condescending and distant one that Jon suffered from emotionally. Either way you still haven't answered the question of what could attract Jon to Sansa.

You keep saying this but that exact same logic can be applied to Jon and Sansa as well.

Also Jon and Sansa did have a relationship. A very condescending and distant one that Jon suffered from emotionally. Either way you still haven't answered the question of what could attract Jon to Sansa.

Of course it can be applied as well, but in no way they were as close as Jon and Arya were. Those two had a true brother-sister relationship. Sansa and Jon were far more distant to each other, which is exactly why I think it would be better, or, at least, more plausible.

Well, Sansa is attractive, strong, and smart. 

In no way I'm shipping Jon/Sansa, I'm just saying I prefer it over Jon/Arya or Jon/Dany. And, unlike the books, I see a real chance of this happening on the show.

It's not chemistry, it's biology that's the problem, lol.

Viserys touching up Dany was done to show how slimy and wrong Viserys was so by that precedence Jon and Sansa would cast Jon in a villainous and worse now an abusive role given that Sansa is now a domestic violence and rape victim and very vulnerable.

Perhaps you should teach a course in Abuse.

In the World of Ice and Fire, females are little more than property.

I doubt it. I mean, is there anything to suggest it, except that Sansa reacted to Jon's name that one time? If that's everything we are going by, well, then I think that Jon may start a dalliance with Uncle Benjen, should he ever truly return. He looked so hopeful at the sound of his name... Seriously, I know that the show people seem to think that Sansa is an Interchangable Female Unit, but I don't believe they would do this. If they are really that desperate for Jon to have sex with someone, they will use Mel or a random extra.

Of course it can be applied as well, but in no way they were as close as Jon and Arya were. Those two had a true brother-sister relationship. Sansa and Jon were far more distant to each other, which is exactly why I think it would be better, or, at least, more plausible.

Well, Sansa is attractive, strong, and smart. 

In no way I'm shipping Jon/Sansa, I'm just saying I prefer it over Jon/Arya or Jon/Dany. And, unlike the books, I see a real chance of this happening on the show.

I don't think that Sansa's looks would be an advantage in this particular case... I mean, she's supposed to be a mini Catelyn, of all people. :lol:

(For that matter, I don't think that either Sansa or Arya would appreciate his physical resemblance to Ned. I don't care what Freud said, I would never fuck someone because they reminded me of my father.)

Anyway, I don't understand this idea that Jon and Sansa are basically strangers. Jon and Sansa knew each other very well. If nothing else, they had been sitting at the same table during meals for several years, for chrissake. That they had little to say to each other (different interests and all) is another matter entirely.

I don't know about romance but I do think Jon/Sansa are destined to play an important role in each other's lives.

I think it's not uncommon for two people who weren't close as children to become VERY close as adults. It's called growing. Both Jon and Sansa have grown more so then any of their siblings IMO.

I think that you will find acceptance of incest to be a "relative

" thing here, Ghost.

Yeah, I really am curious why so many people think the Jon and Sansa (first cousin) possibility is so sick. Yet, some of those same people think Dany, his aunt is more acceptable? Curious.

Yeah, I really am curious why so many people think the Jon and Sansa (first cousin) possibility is so sick. Yet, some of those same people think Dany, his aunt is more acceptable? Curious.

I think that Jon/Sansa Jon/Arya feels so taboo its because they were raised together, and the majority of the viewers will think that way, while they forget that Dany is related to Jon because they have never seen each other, so the "familiarity" is inexistent, while I can see how a Jon/Arya romance could develop, most people can't, because they are brothers and were raised together, so I think they see the love they feel for each other as something Familiar, not just blood related.. If that makes sense

Perhaps you should teach a course in Abuse.

In the World of Ice and Fire, females are little more than property.

Not to Jon, that is the whole point of his character. If he was to turn into Ramsay part two then we'd all rather he was just dead now, and even if GRRM went this way in his ivory-towered lunacy, DD would wisely not follow.

Archived