On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

Ned's parents were first cousins, both last named Stark

Tywin and Lady Joanna were first cousins, both last named Lannister

Practically the entire Targaryen dynasty was made up of brother - sister matches and a neice -nephew.

Jon Targaryen and Sansa Stark Bolton is not exactly out of bounds on the show and I guess even the book but we are talking show here.

Also, Jon is the true King, greater claim over even Dany, so, while he may never rule, there is quite an opening to fill the hearts in this one. If either of them have a lost interest going forward, atleast on the show, I will wager it is each other but it will not happen until after a potential reunion and probably not season 6.

Cousin relationships are acceptable in Westeros. Also, when you look at the popularity of pairings such as Jaime/Cersei, Cesare/Lucrezia (the Borgias) you realise that incest pairings are not so unacceptable to a modern TV audience. There are worse things than a cousin relationship on this show.

However, I think there would be an outcry at Arya and Jon because they are beloved characters (who they end up with matters), there is a large age difference and they have a sibling relationship. Jon/Arya would definitely not work on the show without being gross.

They could have them be the end pairing without any intimate scenes. 

However, I think there would be an outcry at Arya and Jon because they are beloved characters (who they end up with matters), there is a large age difference and they have a sibling relationship. Jon/Arya would definitely not work on the show without being gross.

Many fans of both the show and books ship Arya with Gendry and their age difference is 5 years, the same as Jon and Arya, but I guess it's all about perception.

Despite his parentage, Jon will always see Sansa and Arya as his sisters. He grew up with the girls, and he's too honorable to leave his past behind and marry someone he called "sister" for fifteen years. And even if he knows about his parents, Rhaegar and Lyanna will be just strangers to him.

In the end, Targaryen or Snow, Jon is a son of Ned Stark, brother of Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon.

I find this topic interesting, but I feel it would still be odd, or at least that most viewers would see it that way.

In the show at least.

I'm only on the second book so if there's signs of this happening in the books I don't know.

Part of me thinks, that literally something miraculous would have to happen for Sansa to be attracted to Jon in that way, cause it seems even if they turned out to not be siblings, that it would still be hard to overlook the fact that they saw each other that way for like 13 years.

There is absolutely no sign of this happening in the books, when Sansa thinks of her family she doesn't even mention Jon from what I recall.  In my eyes the idea makes zero sense other than Sansa may well be warden of the north and Jon is up there at the moment.

Cousin relationships are acceptable in Westeros. Also, when you look at the popularity of pairings such as Jaime/Cersei, Cesare/Lucrezia (the Borgias) you realise that incest pairings are not so unacceptable to a modern TV audience. There are worse things than a cousin relationship on this show.

Yes, between Jaime and Cersei as this was established before the show and they are twins so possibly two parts of the same being as twins often feel they are, and not just siblings, or between Targaryens as they are somewhat mystical and have been doing it or centuries then yes it is just acceptable, but between two Starks, the grim, Northern, wholesome, honourable beating heart of the whole saga, it would be plain disgusting regardless of whether Jon now suddenly Targs up.

Ned's parents were first cousins, both last named Stark

Tywin and Lady Joanna were first cousins, both last named Lannister

Practically the entire Targaryen dynasty was made up of brother - sister matches and a neice -nephew.

Jon Targaryen and Sansa Stark Bolton is not exactly out of bounds on the show and I guess even the book but we are talking show here.

Also, Jon is the true King, greater claim over even Dany, so, while he may never rule, there is quite an opening to fill the hearts in this one. If either of them have a lost interest going forward, atleast on the show, I will wager it is each other but it will not happen until after a potential reunion and probably not season 6.

Well this is debateable.

Indeed. Dany is the daughter and sole survivor of a king. Jon is only the son of a prince. 

ETA: assuming R+L=J.

That "Prince" being the older brother of Dany. However, if he is in fact a love child bastard and there was no legitimization by Aerys before Rheagar's death or more importantly, The Tower of Joy "incident", then Dany would be the righfull claimant now that House Baratheon is eliminated.

It's like people forget, Jon will still technically be a bastard, so he'd be Jon Sand (if he was born at the tower of joy in Dorne.)

Not if Rhaegar decided to follow his ancestors example and take a second wife. It makes the most sense- Lyanna (and House Stark) would not be dishonoured, Rhaegar's precious "third head" would not be born a Bastard and the King's Guard would be duty bound to protect Lyanna and her baby.

Yes, between Jaime and Cersei as this was established before the show and they are twins so possibly two parts of the same being as twins often feel they are, and not just siblings, or between Targaryens as they are somewhat mystical and have been doing it or centuries then yes it is just acceptable, but between two Starks, the grim, Northern, wholesome, honourable beating heart of the whole saga, it would be plain disgusting regardless of whether Jon now suddenly Targs up.

Sansa and Jon have never even had a scene together, let alone acknowledged each other. The only scene acknowledging both their characters is Ramsay telling Sansa that Jon is Lord Commander. Even then Sansa wasn't getting all sentimental about her brother.

Their first interaction on the show might be as Jon Targaryen and Sansa Stark. That makes a large difference. The audience know that they grew up as siblings, but we have never saw that. We won't be exposed to them going from siblings to love interests.  

(I don't 'ship' this pairing or particularly want it to happen but based on the books, I can see it being a possibility).

Not if Rhaegar decided to follow his ancestors example and take a second wife. It makes the most sense- Lyanna (and House Stark) would not be dishonoured, Rhaegar's precious "third head" would not be born a Bastard and the King's Guard would be duty bound to protect Lyanna and her baby.

Yes, this is probable, no point going to all the trouble of resurrecting him only to be a bastard again just from sunnier climes.

Sansa and Jon have never even had a scene together, let alone acknowledged each other. The only scene acknowledging both their characters is Ramsay telling Sansa that Jon is Lord Commander. Even then Sansa wasn't getting all sentimental about her brother.

Their first interaction on the show might be as Jon Targaryen and Sansa Stark. That makes a large difference. The audience know that they grew up as siblings, but we have never saw that. We won't be exposed to them going from siblings to love interests.  

(I don't 'ship' this pairing or particularly want it to happen but based on the books, I can see the argument for it being a possibility).

No, still can't happen, they are Stark siblings to an audience and brought up as such by the saintly Ned, unless the idea is to turn the audience against them, and have damaged Sansa become dark and stonehearted and Jon Targaryen arises as the new Joffrey/Ramsay, and then they probably even  join the WWs.

Yes, this is probable, no point going to all the trouble of resurrecting him only to be a bastard again just from sunnier climes.

No, still can't happen, they are Stark siblings to an audience and brought up as such by the saintly Ned, unless the idea is to turn the audience against them, and have damaged Sansa become dark and stonehearted and Jon Targaryen arises as the new Joffrey/Ramsay, and then they probably even  join the WWs.

There are three options:

-Jon stays alone the rest of his life, he dies at the end of the series or maybe he is still LC.

-Jon marries/is in love with Daenerys, his AUNT. I think they'll be enemies at the end,but that's my opinion

-Jon marrie/is in love with Arya/Sansa. His cousins.

Of this options, I think Jon will stay alone the rest of his life. I can see him dying at the end.

But, if they choose to make a new loe interest for Jon, it's going to be them. Members of his family. And, right now, Sansa looks the most probable choice, if they decide to go that way.

I don't ship them, but with Sophie Turner being nearly 20 years old right now, it's a possibility.

If Rheagar and Lyanna are in fact Jon's parents and I think they are. Jon is Jon Targaryen, true King of Westeros. Then Sansa who in the show is probably headed in his direction, his first cousin, not half sister. Could Jon and Sansa be destined for each other as a couple? Sansa was never hateful towards Jon but because of his perceived Bastard status, never considered him a brother, thus, there is not really any "ickiness" to this potential scenario. What does everyone out there think?

I think it would be like GRRM to throw us such a twist.

Sansa never hated Jon.  But she pretty much ignored Jon.

I think it would be like GRRM to throw us such a twist.

Sansa never hated Jon.  But she pretty much ignored Jon.

True but there is a thought of him while posing as Alayne in the Vale. She is posing as a Bastard therefore she is kinda getting a taste of the feeling. She mentions to herself that it would be good to see Jon again. To her, in the books, he is the only known family member she has left in the world. :bawl:

Archived