Would Joanna be disappointed in Tywin?

Felguy

Imagine Joanna could somehow see from a hypothetical afterlife how Tywin has treated Tyrion all these years.

Then imagine her being allowed to talk to Tywin, 1 conversation, sometime during AGoT, in the form of a ghost or something.

Would she scold Tywin for being such a bad father?

(as in, what do you think she would say)

Imagine Joanna could somehow see from a hypothetical afterlife how Tywin has treated Tyrion all these years.

Then imagine her being allowed to talk to Tywin, 1 conversation, sometime during AGoT, in the form of a ghost or something.

Do you think Jason was a much better father? Or that fathers in general in Westeros are that much better.

Robert was hardly better than Tywin. Lysa clearly hates her father, Arrianne was convinced that her father hated her and sent his other son to serve at Yronwood to apologize for his uncles actions then sent him off to to be killed, Balons actions got his two sons killed. Jon Arryn might have been a swell guy to Ned and Robert but we don't hear of much of a relationship between him and his own son.

Well I can't imagine that Joanna would be pleased of how Tywin has treated Tyrion. I also believe that Tyrion wouldn't be as much into drinking and whoring as he is if Joanna would have lived. I feel that the bad treatment from his family contributes to his bad habits. I also think Cersei and Tywin would've treated Tyrion better if Joanna had survived but of course that is very speculative because Cersei believes Tyrion is going to kill her and Tywins greatest fear is people laughing at the Lannisters and with Tyrion being a dwarf that would obviously cause laughs.

We don't know much about Joanna obviously I do believe that she was the woman in Jamie's fever dream though.

Do you think Jason was a much better father? Or that fathers in general in Westeros are that much better.

Robert was hardly better than Tywin. Lysa clearly hates her father, Arrianne was convinced that her father hated her and sent his other son to serve at Yronwood to apologize for his uncles actions then sent him off to to be killed, Balons actions got his two sons killed. Jon Arryn might have been a swell guy to Ned and Robert but we don't hear of much of a relationship between him and his own son.

Pretty much anybody apart from Craster is a better father than tywin.

Pretty much anybody apart from Craster is a better father than tywin.

Big Bob B. Its on the run too, multiple bastards, few acknowledged, the three heirs neglected..

I like to think that Joanna would have loved tyrion the way he is, and he could have turned into a decent person, hell maeby he could have turned into Show!Tyrion ...

Yes.  His ambition put his kids into rotten positions, and he was awful to her baby Tyrion.

Or maybe she would've joined in on the hating-Tyrion train. It's silly to assume she would've loved Tyrion just because she gave birth to him.

Joanna, from what i could tell, was much kinder than Tywin. I assume she would have treated him like Jaime treated him, or his uncles and aunt. 

You know i posted something like, this, it was "how pissed is Joanna gonna be with twyin", or something like that.

For the most part she's gonna be pissed. Lets see, Jaime and Cersei have been doing it Targaryen style. Cersei's been screwing Lancel, the Kettlebacks etc. Jaime's got one hand is in the middle of a midlife crisis. And Tyrion has been emotionally scared, sleeping with whores, and even freaking killing Tywin. Tywin's got an eternity of sleeping on the couch. 

Or maybe she would've joined in on the hating-Tyrion train. It's silly to assume she would've loved Tyrion just because she gave birth to him.

Mom's are special. Even in George's crazy world, there are very few mom's who hate their children.

Parents usually love their children so until we find out Joanna was a heartless bitch I'm going to assume she would have loved her little dwarf.

Tywin was Tyrion's father and that didn't change anything. I don't think Tywin would've loved Tyrion even if Joanna had lived.

Mom's are special. 

Which is a ridiculous stereotype.  

...and now I want Lyanna's promise to have been "Keep the little shit away from me!"

Tywin was Tyrion's father and that didn't change anything. I don't think Tywin would've loved Tyrion even if Joanna had lived.

Which is a ridiculous stereotype.  

...and now I want Lyanna's promise to have been "Keep the little shit away from me!"

Yes but Tywin has spent Tyrion's whole life telling himself that the kid may not even be his.  Joanna would not be able to convince herself that she wasn't Tyrion's mother, and she might have slapped her husband's face at even the suggestion that Tyrion was anyone else's child than his.

Archived