Would Joanna be disappointed in Tywin?

Felguy

Tywin was Tyrion's father and that didn't change anything. I don't think Tywin would've loved Tyrion even if Joanna had lived.

Which is a ridiculous stereotype.  

...and now I want Lyanna's promise to have been "Keep the little shit away from me!"

So mothers loving their children is a bad thing in your warped mind..................ohh this place makes me laugh some days, lol

Yes but Tywin has spent Tyrion's whole life telling himself that the kid may not even be his.  Joanna would not be able to convince herself that she wasn't Tyrion's mother, and she might have slapped her husband's face at even the suggestion that Tyrion was anyone else's child than his.

I don't think Tywin even realizes what an insult it is to Joanna's memory to suggest that.

So mothers loving their children is a bad thing in your warped mind

Did I say that? No, I didn't, and I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

I said it's ridiculous to assume that Joanna would've loved Tyrion just because he was her son. It is, coincidentally, usually used to rile people up against Catelyn because she didn't love Jon enough - for obviously she should've been his mother-figure because all women love all children.  

That is a stereotype.

For all you know Joanna could've loved Cersei and Jaime, but would've been appalled by the little demon-monkey. For all you know, Joanna would've even hated Cersei and Jaime.

Or she could've loved C&J regardless of the incest and Tyrion regardless of his being a dwarf.

Did I say that? No, I didn't, and I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

I said it's ridiculous to assume that Joanna would've loved Tyrion just because he was her son. It is, coincidentally, usually used to rile people up against Catelyn because she didn't love Jon enough - for obviously she should've been his mother-figure because all women love all children.  

That is a stereotype.

For all you know Joanna could've loved Cersei and Jaime, but would've been appalled by the little demon-monkey. For all you know, Joanna would've even hated Cersei and Jaime.

Or she could've loved C&J regardless of the incest and Tyrion regardless of his being a dwarf.

I doubt she would have hated them, but she could well have been disappointed in them and their actions.

Would Joanna be disappointed in Tyrion?

Killed his father, plans on raping his sister, threatened the lives of both his nephews, hopes to have Tommen and Myrcella fight against each other for the Throne and endangered the remaining Lannisters by killing Tywin.

Would tyrion be the same thought?, i dont think so, in the hypothetical case of Joanna being alive he probably would not be out whoring and drinking his life off... How does tyrion threaten tommen or myrcella? If more he is the only one to actually make a move to protect them, or at least myrcella, you can argue about hos feeling towards cersei and jaime, but tyrion loves his nephews, and please direct me to a quote of said planned rape of cersei? I must have missed it, and tywin had what was coming to him

Would Joanna be disappointed in Tyrion?

Killed his father, plans on raping his sister, threatened the lives of both his nephews, hopes to have Tommen and Myrcella fight against each other for the Throne and endangered the remaining Lannisters by killing Tywin.

I think it would be like "Look at how fucked up my son is, how could you let this happen Tywin?". i think she's gonna be mad at tywin because for the most part Tyrion would never hurt his own kin. he even threaten bronn when bronn suggested tommen would be easier to control. That ended because tywin kept pushing him and pushing him. the family bond finally severed with the show trial, and Tywin sleeping with shae. 

Yes and he doesn't plan on raping Cersei.

Sure.

My hate, Tyrion wanted to say. Instead he spread his hands as far as the fetters would allow. "Whatever she would have of me. Sage counsel, savage wit, a bit of tumbling. My cock, if she desires it. My tongue, if she does not. I will lead her armies or rub her feet, as she desires. And the only reward I ask is I might be allowed to rape and kill my sister."

Sure.
My hate, Tyrion wanted to say. Instead he spread his hands as far as the fetters would allow. "Whatever she would have of me. Sage counsel, savage wit, a bit of tumbling. My cock, if she desires it. My tongue, if she does not. I will lead her armies or rub her feet, as she desires. And the only reward I ask is I might be allowed to rape and kill my sister."

I remember the line but do you honestly think he plans on raping Cersei?

I remember the line but do you honestly think he plans on raping Cersei?

Does he hate Cersei? Yes

Does he want to council Dany? Yes.

Does he want to kill his sister? Yes

Is he capable of rape? Yes.

Has he found his sister attractive in the books? Yes

So yeah, he now associated her with sex:

It was no more than Tyrion had expected. "If you mean to take her up on it, make her spread her legs for you as well. The best part of me for the best part of her, that's a fair trade."

And fantasizes about killing her:

Tyrion pictured how his sister's head might look up there, with tar in her golden hair and flies buzzing in and out of her mouth. Yes, and Jaime must have the spike beside her, he decided. No one must ever come between my brother and my sister.

Wants to make that part of any deal he makes

"Very well," he conceded. "A Lannister is not a lion. Yet I am still my father's son, and Jaime and Cersei are mine to kill."

He hates her and he knows him fucking her would demean her, yes I think he plans on it. He may or may not carry it out depending on the day but he clearly fantasizes about it and is clearly capable of it.

Sure.

Does he hate Cersei? Yes

Does he want to council Dany? Yes.

Does he want to kill his sister? Yes

Is he capable of rape? Yes.

Has he found his sister attractive in the books? Yes

So yeah, he now associated her with sex:

It was no more than Tyrion had expected. "If you mean to take her up on it, make her spread her legs for you as well. The best part of me for the best part of her, that's a fair trade."

And fantasizes about killing her:

Tyrion pictured how his sister's head might look up there, with tar in her golden hair and flies buzzing in and out of her mouth. Yes, and Jaime must have the spike beside her, he decided. No one must ever come between my brother and my sister.

Wants to make that part of any deal he makes

"Very well," he conceded. "A Lannister is not a lion. Yet I am still my father's son, and Jaime and Cersei are mine to kill."

He hates her and he knows him fucking her would demean her, yes I think he plans on it. He may or may not carry it out depending on the day but he clearly fantasizes about it and is clearly capable of it.

You're taking quotes out of context, cersei have been trying to murder tyrion for months, and he had to convince JonCon that he wasnt a lannister spy, does he hate cersei? Of course he do, wouldnt you? And it isnt even for the mistreatment during all his life, its because she have been actively trying to kill him since he left kings landing, and no, not even one of your quotes proves that he wants to rape her

You're taking quotes out of context, cersei have been trying to murder tyrion for months, and he had to convince JonCon that he wasnt a lannister spy, does he hate cersei? Of course he do, wouldnt you? And it isnt even for the mistreatment during all his life, its because she have been actively trying to kill him since he left kings landing, and no, not even one of your quotes proves that he wants to rape her

Yeah, it does. When a character makes a claim then or thought and does not deny it in his own POV chapter then that can be used as evidence.

If you want to show that he didnt mean the things he said then show him thinking that.

And there is absolutely no needs for him to make the claim about wanting to rape his own sister, that is something he comes up with his own free will.

Archived