What if Lyanna has a direwolf?

purple-eyes

I just suddenly thought about this. 

So let us say Lyanna has a direwolf like Arya's Nymeria. 

When Rhaegar kidnapped her on sword point, will this wolf attack Rhaegar like Nymeria attack Joff?

And also if Lyanna can warg (her son and nephews seem to be able to warg quite well), what can she do with it?

Let her wolf run to Ned to tell her where TOJ is?

As this appears to be a serious post on your part, I treated it to serious consideration and note the following:

1. I think we can safely assume that Lyanna did not have a direwolf. In AGOT we learn that direwolves have not been seen south of the wall in more than 200 years. The Stark children having direwolves was quite strange and frightening.

2. Since Lyanna was quite unlikely to have a direwolf, Rhaegar would have been quite safe- at least from direwolf attack. However, if we entertain the remote possibility of Lyanna having a direwolf, it has been demonstrated that direwolves can be killed (albeit they go down fighting). I believe this would be the most likely scenario- attack Rhaegar and the direwolf dies.

3. Warging doesn't give the "warged" animal the ability to speak, so a Lyanna-possessed direwolf couldn't tell Ned to go to TOJ.

I just suddenly thought about this. 

So let us say Lyanna has a direwolf like Arya's Nymeria. 

When Rhaegar kidnapped her on sword point, will this wolf attack Rhaegar like Nymeria attack Joff?

And also if Lyanna can warg (her son and nephews seem to be able to warg quite well), what can she do with it?

Let her wolf run to Ned to tell her where TOJ is?

What?  Lyanna ran into Rhaegar's arms.  She was running away from something in her family.  Perhaps from that lecherous Brandon.

For the sake of argument, let us make the big leap and say Lyanna was taken by force.  Sure, if she had a direwolf it would attack Prince Rhaegar.  Arthur Dayne would fight it off with his weird sword.  The outcome gets bloody messy regardless of who comes out on top. 

As this appears to be a serious post on your part, I treated it to serious consideration and note the following:

1. I think we can safely assume that Lyanna did not have a direwolf. In AGOT we learn that direwolves have not been seen south of the wall in more than 200 years. The Stark children having direwolves was quite strange and frightening.

2. Since Lyanna was quite unlikely to have a direwolf, Rhaegar would have been quite safe- at least from direwolf attack. However, if we entertain the remote possibility of Lyanna having a direwolf, it has been demonstrated that direwolves can be killed (albeit they go down fighting). I believe this would be the most likely scenario- attack Rhaegar and the direwolf dies.

3. Warging doesn't give the "warged" animal the ability to speak, so a Lyanna-possessed direwolf couldn't tell Ned to go to TOJ.

Yeah, I am serious. 

I am imagining Lyanna pretended to be "kidnapped". Her wolf was fooled and attacked Rhaegar.

Then Arthur or Oswell cut the wolf into half using their swords. 

Then Lyanna may try to avenge for her wolf's death? I guess? That will be funny.

And Lyanna could entered the wolf and found Ned and dragged and guided him to TOJ, I guess?

No need to speak anything. It is quite convenient actually. Lyanna is pregnant, she can not move, but the wolf can run without a baby. 

What?  Lyanna ran into Rhaegar's arms.  She was running away from something in her family.  Perhaps from that lecherous Brandon.

For the sake of argument, let us make the big leap and say Lyanna was taken by force.  Sure, if she had a direwolf it would attack Prince Rhaegar.  Arthur Dayne would fight it off with his weird sword.  The outcome gets bloody messy regardless of who comes out on top. 

I am sure Arthur can kill that wolf easily with his sharp sword. 

Especially if the wolf is busy in dealing with rhaegar. 

Just a stab will put it to an end. 

Yeah, I am serious. 

I am imagining Lyanna pretended to be "kidnapped". Her wolf was fooled and attacked Rhaegar.

Then Arthur or Oswell cut the wolf into half using their swords. 

Then Lyanna may try to avenge for her wolf's death? I guess? That will be funny.

And Lyanna could entered the wolf and found Ned and dragged and guided him to TOJ, I guess?

No need to speak anything. It is quite convenient actually. Lyanna is pregnant, she can not move, but the wolf can run without a baby. 

So Lyanna's wolf, after being cut in half, would then go on to guide Ned to the Tower of Joy?

So Lyanna's wolf, after being cut in half, would then go on to guide Ned to the Tower of Joy?

Oh, that is just another possibility. 

let us say Lyanna happily eloped with rhaegar and her wolf. 

Then she wanted to meet ned so she sent the wolf. 

There is no evidence to suggest anybody had a direwolf (if at all) for thousands of years before Bran, Sansa, Robb, Arya, and Jon. If Lyanna owned a direwolf, I'm sure Ned would have made some reference to it in one of his POV chapters, or Bran may have thought of her in one of his POV chapters. We know he has a knowledge of his family heritage from his last chapter in AGOT, where he recites the histories of a few Stark's for Maester Luwin. We can then assume that Bran would have heard of such a thing.

It just doesn't seem likely.

If Lyanna had a direwolf and Rhaegar wanted to kidnapp her, he'd bring a dozen or so men-at-arms or sellswords who kills the wolf, its an animal and not a invincible beast-god, and then takes Lyanna. The Freys could kill Grey Wind and I'm sure that Rhaegar could find enough men with spears and crossbows to kill Lyanna's wolf as well. As i happens however Lyanna was in my view not kidnapped so the direwolf wouldn't have been a problem.

Lyanna can use her direwolf to aid her brother from the confines of her prison. 

Warging her direwolf, she could rip apart Royalist Soldiers during battle and pick them off when on campaign. Whittle away at Royalist Moral, and strike fear into the hearts of her family's enemies. 

If she could somehow get Eddard or Robert to understand that the wolf is her warg, then she can use it to lead them to The Tower of Joy.

Seeing Rhaegar's throat ripped out by a direwolf would be a very satisfying (even more satisfying than a scene of his stooge Arthur Dayne crying out "We were just following orders!" as two rebel guards drag him to the gallows). 

But what if Rhaegar had a dragon?

Checkmate.

Even dragons can be beaten, as Rhaegar's namesake had to learn the hard way when attempting to fuck with Dorne's independence. 

if she was actually kidnapped and had a wolf then yes. But she was a strong woman anyway, if she was kidnapped she would have been able to least make some type of noise, was in a heavily guarded castle. Its obvious she snuck off to do it that way. I know you dont really believe she was kidnapped and just like to try and get reactions out of people and piss them off lol

if she was actually kidnapped and had a wolf then yes. But she was a strong woman anyway, if she was kidnapped she would have been able to least make some type of noise, was in a heavily guarded castle. Its obvious she snuck off to do it that way. I know you dont really believe she was kidnapped and just like to try and get reactions out of people and piss them off lol

to be fair, I think she was kidnapped by swords. 

However, she was excited and happy to see rhaegar come to kidnap her. 

So she cooperate and did not object to it. 

Her feeling is like this: 

oh, I love that silver prince and I hate robert

but I have to obey my daddy and do whatever he asks me to do. 

Look, my prince came to take me! How romantic this is! 

He must love me desperately! 

(Rhaegar grabbed her and put a sword on her)

Then lyanna plays as a weak maiden and obey them happily. 

to be fair, I think she was kidnapped by swords. 

However, she was excited and happy to see rhaegar come to kidnap her. 

So she cooperate and did not object to it. 

Her feeling is like this: 

oh, I love that silver prince and I hate robert

but I have to obey my daddy and do whatever he asks me to do. 

Look, my prince came to take me! How romantic this is! 

He must love me desperately! 

(Rhaegar grabbed her and put a sword on her)

Then lyanna plays as a weak maiden and obey them happily. 

lol

For the 1000th time, even Strong Woman can be kidnapped.

If Rhaegar put a sword against her throat and said "Scream and I'll kill you", then Lyanna might decide she'd rather live.

Archived