European politics: Into the "right" futur

Biglose

Lyanna

Thank you, and right back at you. :)

Ser Scott

They should absolutely be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law and if that includes deportation, that too (I am not aware of German/EU law in that regard).

I also don't agree about cultural differences being an excuse (?) for such shitty, gross and criminal behaviour. This sort of harassment of women is illegal in most countries including Muslim/conservative/archaic ones (there are laws, whether followed or not is a matter of individual countries). So it isn't as if these assholes were behaving so offensively out of ignorance.

Cultural differences in the sense of availability of alcohol and the freedom to lead one's life and make one's choices (for women especially) do exist, absolutely. But that isn't an excuse. If people migrate to the EU or anywhere else then they need to respect the law, society and culture there.

I just hope this situation is handled swiftly and doesn't escalate, because that would be dire for both the countries that have welcomed so many people in need, and for the vast majority of refugees who have fled terror and death, and just want to rebuild some semblance of their lives.

Are Sweden's 15 year prison sentences for murderers and probation for migrant rapists supposed to be a deterrent?

Your bleeding hearts are creating bleeding citizens.

Your police forces are terrified.

Your criminals stalk the streets preying on the civilized with little recourse.

TPTWP,

Gosh, what is the recidivism rate after those "15 year sentences for murderers" in Sweden?  Have any links that show a massive spike in crime in Sweden?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19592372

On the face of it, it would seem Sweden is a much more dangerous place than these other countries.
But that is a misconception, according to Klara Selin, a sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm. She says you cannot compare countries' records, because police procedures and legal definitions vary widely.
"In Sweden there has been this ambition explicitly to record every case of sexual violence separately, to make it visible in the statistics," she says.
"So, for instance, when a woman comes to the police and she says my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record - one victim, one type of crime, one record."

Botswana has the highest rate of recorded attacks - 92.9 per 100,000 people - but a total of 63 countries don't submit any statistics, including South Africa, where a survey three years ago showed that one in four men questioned admitted to rape.
In 2010, an Amnesty International report highlighted that sexual violence happens in every single country, and yet the official figures show that some countries like Hong Kong and Mongolia have zero cases reported.

Why not?

Should we only talk about it while hundreds of kids are being abused by priests, or teachers, etc.?

If the sign of a civilised society is one that has no crime, rather than one that deals with crime in a fair and consistent way according to universal principles of justice, then I'm afraid I don't know of any civilised societies.

The scary thing is what would happen if germany would actually follow the law again.
(Basically we could deport 99% of the asylum seekers back to austria just to start with!)

Germany has basically a stand your ground law everywhere you stand. (it is just handled in court a bit different...)
And one of the most trusted parts of the government  is the police. (78% favourability)

It goes as far as most comments below articles about the US police shooting somebody go like "thats just the evil press trying to smear the hard working police doing a dangerous job".

Granted the german police earned that reputation by their behaviour day after day.
But if you now hear about a lot of people in government going out to hire "rent a cops" who are not bound by the same legal limits as normal policemen and women and neither have the training... (And germany needs the manpower)

It's getting worse all the time. And still the so-called "progressives" see no reason to slow down the mass import of more of the same.

Europe needs a serious political upheaval, and if this kind of incidents keep happening I see politicians like Le Pen become president/prime minister/etc, yet.

What's striking about Köln though, is that the police was totally powerless and apparently didn't even call for reinforcements. I wonder if the mayor has something to do with that - often the mission is to keep everything quiet, and that is difficult if you have to call in the cavalry. 

The state of western europe is disgusting now. I feel far from "enriched" and those fairytales about those migrants going to save our pensions are getting irritating.

Meanwhile, people like Merkel seem to be totally isolated from reality on the streets of the cities.

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish police say at least 15 young women have reported being groped by groups of men on New Year's Eve in the city of Kalmar.

The Swedish reports follow a string of sex assaults and robberies during New Year's celebrations in Germany.

Kalmar police spokesman Johan Bruun on Friday said groups of men encircled women on a crowded square and groped them. He said no one was physically injured but that many of those targeted were terrified.

He said two men, both asylum-seekers, were informed through interpreters that they're suspected of sexual assault and that police are trying to identify other suspects.

Asked about similarities to assaults in Germany, Bruun said "we are aware of what happened in Germany but we are focusing our investigation on what happened in Kalmar."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11990408/Somali-rapist-Abdalla-Ali-Hemed-dubbed-a-danger-to-the-public-wins-human-rights-challenge-against-deportation.html

Immigrate to UK. Drug and rape 3 women. Get 12 years and deported upon release.

Appeal deportation.

Get to stay in UK cause shithead would be in danger back in his shithole.

Cultural enrichment.

Maximum extent of the law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12090388/Europe-in-crisis-over-sex-attacks-by-migrants-amid-calls-for-emergency-EU-meeting.html

“The idea of multicultural Europe has failed,” proclaimed Robert Fico, the prime minister of Slovakia, calling for an extraordinary summit of EU leaders next week to discuss fresh reports of migrant-led sex attacks emerging from Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria and Finland. Bohuslav Sobotka, his Czech counterpart, immediately echoed the call.

“The migrants cannot be integrated, it's simply impossible,” Mr Fico added, citing a “clear link” between the sex attacks and the influx of refugees that has swept through Europe from the failed states of Syria and North Africa.

--please take a couple elections off liberals.

There's that perverse glee again. Prunes is just so happy about using rape to advance his anti-Islam pro-fascism agenda.

Robert Fico is an idiot, as is anyone babbling about how multiculturalism is a failure. Utter nonsense from the nonsense machine.

Archived