Most miserable husband

purple-eyes

Jaime mentions it in AFFC.

Jaime remembered many a feast where Emmon sat poking at his food sullenly whilst his wife made ribald jests with whatever household knight had been seated to her left, their conversations punctuated by loud bursts of laughter. She gave Frey four sons, to be sure. At least she says they are his.

Clearly we know that Cleos was a Frey, his Frey  appearance is a give away.

Tion had the customary Frey brown hair. So he may well be a Frey as well.

We have not met Lyonal or 'Red' Walder, but his name suggests he has red hair which suggests that he not a Frey. Also naming him Walder might have been done to reinforce his Frey status.

It proves that the father was Frey but it doesn't mean that Cleos was the father, remember there are a lot of Freys and we already have examples of intrafamily cuckolding(Black Walder)

It proves that the father was Frey but it doesn't mean that Cleos was the father, remember there are a lot of Freys and we already have examples of intrafamily cuckolding(Black Walder)

Emmon, you mean, right?  Cleos is Genna and Emmon's son (so he clearly couldn't be his own father, unless he found Professor Farnsworth's time machine ;))

Emma and Genna live at the Rock, not at the Twins so that scenario seems less likely to happen. And Genna is a Lannister, past her best no doubt, but if she was going for a rump in the hay she could do far better than a Frey (and I say that as a Frey fan).

Black Walder is the only one I think would have the balls to do that but Cleos is older than him.

Addam Marbrand has red hair, Willem Frey (Genna's grandson) is a squire at Marbrand. If red hair is a family trait I'm guessing that Red Walder has a Marbrand father.

Emma and Genna live at the Rock, not at the Twins so that scenario seems less likely to happen. And Genna is a Lannister, past her best no doubt, but if she was going for a rump in the hay she could do far better than a Frey (and I say that as a Frey fan).

Black Walder is the only one I think would have the balls to do that but Cleos is older than him.

Addam Marbrand has red hair, Willem Frey (Genna's grandson) is a squire at Marbrand. If red hair is a family trait I'm guessing that Red Walder has a Marbrand father.

Yeah, this sounds more plausible to me than what I thought, unless Genna was willing to travel all the way to the twins to get some sweet sweet Frey Booty.

I would consider Rhaella for most miserable wife - based on what we've been told, Aerys's sister-wife wasn't the cause of his misery (like Cersei was for Robert...).  Rhaella's the one who had to marry her mad brother and put up with all his sh!t and abuse!  To be fair, we're told neither one wanted to marry the other, but I still think Rhaella got the short end of that stick...

I agree, but this is about husbands and i can't think of a more miserable married life for a mab in series.

Robert. He could have been happy if he'd been given some time to select a bride of his own choosing rather than Tywin's daughter. Mind you, Cersei sounds like she was perfectly charming and beautiful as a young woman, so Robert was probably happy with her day 1, other than she was not Lyanna, however, he probably killed any chance of her even bothering to try when he called her Lyanna on their wedding night.

Oh crap, nope, Doran! You sent my son away to foster....waaaahh, I am going back to Norvos.

She had kin.

Yet she had no Targ blood. Or you mean that Varys has no Targ blood?

You mean Lady Rogarre from Lys.  who some believe is the ancestor of Varys.  You know who would be even more miserable?  Elmar Frey if he got stuck with Squab (Arya).  She can do that to any man.

I would like to see who believes it.

Robert. I believe that anyone who would had married Cersei would had been miserable with their marriage.

Archived