Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

It's such a shameless thing to do. The basic concept isn't exactly new, so why they didn't find another title just beggars belief.

Because "Kind of Original Western with a pretty similar plot to Magnificent 7" isn't a big of a marketing draw and would inevitably get the response (online especially) of "isn't this just Magnificent 7 under a different name?" 

13 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

Because "Kind of Original Western with a pretty similar plot to Magnificent 7" isn't a big of a marketing draw and would inevitably get the response (online especially) of "isn't this just Magnificent 7 under a different name?" 

One day, the people who just utterly dislike reboots will hopefully be in the majority and we can end these blatant cash grabs! 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, polishgenius said:

To be fair, while it does seem likely that as a Hollywood blockbuster they're going to go the war route in the end, it's already an interesting sign that the main character is a linguist. And one of my favourite SF books ever (Kethani by Eric Brown) is about a mass appearance of alien ships/structures on Earth that wasn't a hostile takeover.

Apparently it's based on the Ted Chiang short The Story of your Life. I know people around here absolutely rave about him, how is that for a story/how much is this actually looking to be based on it?

Hmm, interesting. Chiang's story is wonderful, but the only similarities I am seeing between the trailer and the story are an alien encounter and a linguist. I highly recommend Ted Chiang's, The Story of Your Life.

On 14-8-2016 at 4:19 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

@Talleyrand has a point, this looks cool. Let's hope it will end up in the same ballpark as The Knick qualitywise :)

On 14-8-2016 at 4:19 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

This could also be good. Is it a full series or is it one of those pilot thingies Amazon regularly releases for us to decide if we like to see more? :)

On 14-8-2016 at 0:49 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I hope someone on the boards will go see it. I heard it was truly awful, it got boooed at Cannes anyway. I wonder if it really is such a big trainwreck :) 

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I hope someon on the boards will go see it. I heard it was truly awful, it got boooed at Cannes anyway. I wonder if it really is such a big trainwreck :) 

I heard it's not even a fun revel in it's shittyness kind of trainwreck, just flat out shit which like you means I hope someone else reports back cause I can't be arsed soldiering through it.

With this and Free State of Jones the Mcconaissance seems to be hitting a bit of a stumbling block, and one of his upcoming films is about singing pigs and koalas which doesn't sound too promising. Maybe Dark Tower can bring it back.

8 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

With this and Free State of Jones the Mcconaissance seems to be hitting a bit of a stumbling block, and one of his upcoming films is about singing pigs and koalas which doesn't sound too promising. Maybe Dark Tower can bring it back.

Any movie star taking risks will eventually run into a shit movie or two. Just as long as he doesn't turn into Nic Cage...

Eta: I'm not sure why, coz I normally like a good spoiler-free teaser, but none of the TV show ones up there did anything for me.

18 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

It will live on in our hearts though ;)

Also a film about singing pigs and koalas, that seems like it could be rad :P Do you have a trailer for that at hand? :P

11 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Any movie star taking risks will eventually run into a shit movie or two. Just as long as he doesn't turn into Nic Cage...

Hold on, a Nicolas Cage biopic starring the McConnaissance :P now that might be the next big thing :P 

2 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

Okay, admittedly, that didn't look very good. However, you can't rule out a surprise. At the very least, the cast is pretty awesome. Although I have to admit that until they showed which character the McConnaissance played, I had no idea that was him. Guess I'm pretty bad at voice identification :) 

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Jean-Claude Van Johnson TEASER TRAILER (Amazon)

Jacques Brell, JCVD, Segways and poptarts? I'm intrigued, especially because I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to be. My first hunch is comedy, but they play it awfully straight here :o 

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

MACGYVER: First Look Trailer

This looks terrible. Although I hope it does well. Perhaps it will help us get a MacGruber sequel if it's succesful :) 

5 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

This looks terrible. Although I hope it does well. Perhaps it will help us get a MacGruber sequel if it's succesful :) 

So many questions! Who cast the main actor, are they mentally deficient? Who thought this was a good idea!? Who came up with this trailer? Who thought that 'team' was a good idea.

I mean the original show was incredibly 80s and cheesy, but you can't get away with that now, and if you do it you need to be aware of how bad it is. Thats why Macgruber is so good!

15 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

So many questions! Who cast the main actor, are they mentally deficient? Who thought this was a good idea!? Who came up with this trailer? Who thought that 'team' was a good idea.

I'm guessing that the answer to all of these questions is Patty & Selma :P 

17 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I mean the original show was incredibly 80s and cheesy, but you can't get away with that now, and if you do it you need to be aware of how bad it is. Thats why Macgruber is so good!

:cheers:

Archived