Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

25 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Dude, he's skiing in a JUNGLE! All your criticism is invalid :P

Personally, I think the dirtbike driving on water is more impressive(ly stupid) :P 

25 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for In a Valley of Violence and what looks like it could actually be a worthwhile performance from John Travolta.

Before I click on this, Saturday Night Fever or Battlefield Earth worthwile? :P 

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

John Wick in the Wild West.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention :)

EDIT: Wow, you weren't kidding XD That's probably the most accurate description of a film that I have seen in quite some time :D 

16 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'd be prepared to be quite excited for the next xXx - after all, the last moribund franchise Vin Diesel brought back eventually led to the glorious Fast 5-  but I have to get being excited for Mechanic: Resurrection out of the way first. I believe that's out quite soon.

I never saw the first one. Was it any good?

On 16-7-2016 at 6:36 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

Creepy. However, I do love the Youtube comments on this one :lol:

Morgan will soon be a Freeman.

Kate Mara always has that hot, not so hot thing going on. Its intriguing

10 bucks the black dude dies, just saying.

Never change youtube. 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

I never saw the first one. Was it any good?

Yeah, actually. I mean nobody's going to accuse it of being great art, but it was a lot of fun. It was basically distillation of Statham.

My impression may have been helped by seeing it with a very enthusiastic crowd for some reason, but still.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, actually. I mean nobody's going to accuse it of being great art, but it was a lot of fun. It was basically distillation of Statham.

I never seem to get a grip on that guy. As an action hero, I don't like him as much as I liked Sly, Schwarzenegger or even the Rock. I did enjoy some of his films though. Crank, some of the Transporters. 

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

It turns out that Adam Wingard's upcoming movie The Woods was actually a secret Blair Witch sequel all along.

Hmmm, that's odd. I'm a sucker for horror movies, and Wingard has a few gems in The Guest and You're Next so I'll probably see it...but it does kinda look like a generic, cheap scare film. 

Also saw that Wingard is gonna direct the American version of I Saw the Devil. The original is awesome.

17 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Hmmm, that's odd. I'm a sucker for horror movies, and Wingard has a few gems in The Guest and You're Next so I'll probably see it...but it does kinda look like a generic, cheap scare film. 

Also saw that Wingard is gonna direct the American version of I Saw the Devil. The original is awesome.

Yeah it does look like that, especially since they seem to reuse so many things from the original movie. But on the other I really like what I have seen of Wingard and he does seem like a guy that really gets horror movies.

32 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Wow, that looks pretty awful.

Yeah, it looks like a pretty boring Vietnam war movie.

There is also way to much firepower in there. Kong is just a big gorilla with a penchant for blondes, he shouldn't be bulletproof. If you're firing an M1919 Browning machine gun right into his fucking face he should die quicker than you can say 'Peter Jackson descent into bad filmmaking started with King Kong'

21 minutes ago, Leap said:

It looked kinda indistinguishable from the 2005 version to be honest, although Sam L Jackson, John Goodman and an Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness vibe are all good additions.

The 2005 version is such a boring piece of schlock. I can't stand in personally. It's filled to the brim with bad performances, unconvincing fight scenes and in the end I just didn't give a shit about anyone in the movie. Perhaps the most egregious error PJ made in his remake though, was the fact that Kong was just so unintimidating. You never feel a shred of menace or threat from Kong. It's telling that the one good scene in the entire movie is one where Kong is nowhere to be see (I'm talking about the scene where the crew fell into that gorge with all those huge insects. that was great stuff).

22 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

I'm excited for a Wonder Woman film now? :o What kind of sorcery is this you practice RB? :P 

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Hands of Stone Official Trailer 1

Man, this trailer provokes a lot of response from me:

1) When did boxing movies become popular again? I feel like we have been swamped with these over the last couple of years.

2) Being in a boxing movie with Robert De Niro as your coach? That's tough competition to go up against.

and finally:

3) Man, if this guy can't even beat Usher, than I'm not so sure I even want to watch this.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Yeah, I'll throw my weight behind @trickster's assesment. Just a horrendous take on this material. From the actors to the costumes to the visual style, it feels fake as shit.

Although, credit where credit is due, this has Guy Ritchie written all over it. In that scene with Michael McElhatton, I was thinking about what this reminded me of. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and his Sherlock Holmes adaptations were what immediately popped up in my head. This trailer feels like The Man from U.N.C.L.E. trailer got spliced together with some disgarded footage from Eragon or In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Comic-Con Trailer

I have to say, that looked a lot better than I expected. I'm still not sold though. Frankly, this still feels like an ill-thought project to keep the cash cow alive. And I still think it lessens the original HP films. How are we supposed to believe that Voldemort was the worst dark wizard ever if he only did some stuff in the UK without causing much trouble in the rest of the magical world? 

The Girl on the Train Official Trailer 1

Yes, more Emily Blunt! :D

46 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

So I feel like they only made the new Kong movie so they could introduce a bigger version that will eventually fight Godzilla, now that the same American Studio owns the rights to both. Or Pacific Rim maybe, idk.

Oh God that would be horrible. I think Kong won their first fight  (bullshit!). The new Godzilla would just blow that oversized ape away with his atomic breath

Archived