Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

15 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well, I can't either. Also, I'm dying to know what becomes of Stannis, after watching season 5.

My top 5 are:

1) Stannis

2) Sansa

3) Jaime/Brinne/LSH

4) Barristan

5) Aegon and Jon Con

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Oh, I definitely agree, they've hosed her character. And what they have done makes little sense and their stated rationales are laughable.

And yes, Jaime is a close second, but he doesn't take the prize.

Agreed.

At least Jaime still had the Tarth Gaze.That's about the last thing that can be considered enjoyable about this shitpile, I guess.

6 hours ago, Gabriele said:

My bad then that I missed all those important little details. I never paid attention to the whorescenes. Not that interested in boobies, I have a pair of those myself. :P

I am generally quite interested in boobies and still don't pay attention to the brothel scenes in this show.

Because they are about as erotic as the sex hotline advertisments that are aired on german TV after 11pm.

58 minutes ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

Agreed.

At least Jaime still had the Tarth Gaze.That's about the last thing that can be considered enjoyable about this shitpile, I guess.

It was like finding an oasis in the middle of desert, after days without water

4 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

This is how GRRM described Shae, and this is what the show turned Fansa into:

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-finale-martin

The Shae Sansa in the books show is a manipulative camp-follower prostitute who doesn’t give a s–t about Tyrion Littlefinger any more than she would any other john, but she’s very compliant, like a little teenage sex kitten, feeding all his fantasies; she’s really just in it for the money and the status.

I'm honestly a bit put out by GRRM's description of Shae - it sounds a little bit like all the people who think Tyrion's killing her is A-OK because she was a working girl who didn't really love him and was just in it for the money (which Tyrion always knew, ugh!). To me, killing Shae is one Tyrion's most heinous actions, because Tyrion never bothers to ask himself (long before he's driven to a mad rage by Jaime's confession) whether Shae "betrayed" him because the alternative was ending up with Qyburn/in a bowl of brown in Flea Bottom. He knows his father and his sister, and what, he expects Shae to stand up to them when he has never stood up to his father (e.g. in the matter of marrying Sansa.) Anyway ...

But you are quite right that D&D have kind of turned Sansa into that description of Shae. After all, it's pretty easy to confuse the two - they both have names that begin with the letter "S."

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Best story she came up with of all, though, was Jaime's feminine hand. Designed by Cersei, and it transforms him from monster to groveling thrall...

I have been rewatching "Angel" a spinoff of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and there is a character in that show who has his hand cut off, only to get a replacement "evil hand" which writes things like "kill, kill, kill" on notepads. Somehow, I'm feeling like maybe D&D were paying homage to the "evil hand" only Jaime's hand is the visible symbol that he IS and always will be Cersei's right-hand man. It's like they possibly read that chapter where Jaime is all "is that all I was, a swordhand?" and their answer was "YES!" because they just took every other thing away from him.

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

I'm honestly a bit put out by GRRM's description of Shae - it sounds a little bit like all the people who think Tyrion's killing her is A-OK because she was a working girl who didn't really love him and was just in it for the money (which Tyrion always knew, ugh!). To me, killing Shae is one Tyrion's most heinous actions, because Tyrion never bothers to ask himself (long before he's driven to a mad rage by Jaime's confession) whether Shae "betrayed" him because the alternative was ending up with Qyburn/in a bowl of brown in Flea Bottom. He knows his father and his sister, and what, he expects Shae to stand up to them when he has never stood up to his father (e.g. in the matter of marrying Sansa.) Anyway ...

I agree about Shae. If you read the rest of what he says, he's not excusing it: "that’s probably the blackest deed that he’s ever done" and of course, they changed that, and made Jaime a kinslayer, too.

But you are quite right that D&D have kind of turned Sansa into that description of Shae. After all, it's pretty easy to confuse the two - they both have names that begin with the letter "S."

Both had their stories changed at their own expense to prop up the sainted one. Shae was lucky to die, Fansa is a serial prop and kneeler on the show. She's just an empty shell with boobs.

So their entire message is terror and death. That's not a story.

"Are you afraid? You should be. You’re in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying."

"One way or another, the gift will be given. One way or another, a face will be added to the Hall."

"We are sinful creatures. We deserve death... we all do."

Yeah, they don't seem to get the whole "tell a story" thing. They likey the artificial constructs. They sure like to write via formula. Everyone does this. Everyone does that. There's no story where everyone is at the same point like that. That wouldn't be realistic at all, now, would it. For a show that cherry picks realism to cover up plot holes, there's nothing realistic about this bizarre world they've created, where everyone does bizarre things in lockstep.

2 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I think I may know how to survive GOT the show, just makes sure your first or last name doesn't start with an S. Starks, Stannis, Selyse, Shireen, Sandor, Shae, Sansa Stark (*because the two S's she gets it extra bad), Selmy, and Seaworth (Mathos and Davos has lost pretty much everything)

Oh, I love it, that's perfect! :) That accounts for most of the screwed over characters.

5 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I think I may know how to survive GOT the show, just makes sure your first or last name doesn't start with an S. Starks, Stannis, Selyse, Shireen, Sandor, Shae, Sansa Stark (*because the two S's she gets it extra bad), Selmy, and Seaworth (Mathos and Davos has lost pretty much everything)

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, I love it, that's perfect! :) That accounts for most of the screwed over characters.

So true. Maybe if we think of Jaime as a variant on how Hoat would say it, "Shhhaime".

9 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

They couldn't even let Davos keep at least one more son (offscreen) to care about, all he had was Matthos. Even when I still liked the show, I never understood that.

I know, I know, kids are not the one and only purpose to every person's life (I guess that's what a D&D fangirl would say to justify the change), but Davos is not that kind of guy. His wife and his remaining children were a bigger reason for him to cling to life after Blackwater than killing Melisandre was.

21 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Haha. That's hilarious. I think you're on to something.

Archived