Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Rolls out of Bed and Stretches [Ep VII Spoilers]

Davrum

Speculative Statement: What if the meatbag known as 'Rey' is not the offspring of Luke or Obi Wan but instead it is discovered that she is the offspring of Palpatine, which could explain the mind wipe, her natural affinity for the entity known as ' The Force' and her being exiled to a remote planet. Without the correct guidance and supervision she is drawn to the Jedi and the foolish,weaker side of the Force until she learns her new nature, eliminates Kylo Ren and takes her rightful place as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

17 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Speculative Statement: What if the meatbag known as 'Rey' is not the offspring of Luke or Obi Wan but instead it is discovered that she is the offspring of Palpatine, which could explain the mind wipe, her natural affinity for the entity known as ' The Force' and her being exiled to a remote planet. Without the correct guidance and supervision she is drawn to the Jedi and the foolish,weaker side of the Force until she learns her new nature, eliminates Kylo Ren and takes her rightful place as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

pfff, what does a droid know? :P

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I've thought about the idea of Rey and Kylo switching sides during the course of the war before, and really like it. But I'd have Rey remain dark and simply end as a villain, not another redeemed hero. And I'd take out Ventress for the reasons Corvinus mentioned. Otherwise I like the broad strokes.

(On another note - Chubaka? Really? :P) 

I think Rey had her "come to the dark side!" Moment at the end of VII when she was standing over and injured Kylo Ren. And she beat it. I don't think we'll see her become a villain.

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think Rey had her "come to the dark side!" Moment at the end of VII when she was standing over and injured Kylo Ren. And she beat it. I don't think we'll see her become a villain.

IIRC that moment was interrupted by an earthquake, and she never consciously made a decision on how to end that duel. I don't think this is a likely scenario either  but I'd love it if they followed up on that moment by having her reveal a darker part of her later and having her end up as a villain (and Kylo as a hero). The likable character becomes unlikable, and vice versa.

Just now, First of My Name said:

IIRC that moment was interrupted by an earthquake, and she never consciously made a decision on how to end that duel. I don't think this is a likely scenario either  but I'd love it if they followed up on that moment by having her reveal a darker part of her later and having her end up as a villain (and Kylo as a hero). The likable character becomes unlikable, and vice versa.

That is how it appeared in the film, but I remember someone posting that the book makes it clearer she decided before the earthquake splits them

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That is how it appeared in the film, but I remember someone posting that the book makes it clearer she decided before the earthquake splits them

I just rewatched that scene and she absolutely doesn't there. It might be that the book says otherwise but it's hard to say how much of that is the author's interpretation.
In any case, showing mercy now doesn't preclude her going dark later. I'm sure Anakin had his merciful moments too once.

I just rewatched that scene and she absolutely doesn't there. It might be that the book says otherwise but it's hard to say how much of that is the author's interpretation.
In any case, showing mercy now doesn't preclude her going dark later. I'm sure Anakin had his merciful moments too once.

I don't remember any tbh. Anakin was always an asshat.

2 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I don't remember any tbh. Anakin was always an asshat.

I was thinking more along the lines of Episode I Anakin, the one episode in which he isn't an asshat, or the EU, which is so large that any hypothetical situation has most likely occurred at least once (I know, non-canon).

I was thinking more along the lines of Episode I Anakin, the one episode in which he isn't an asshat, or the EU, which is so large that any hypothetical situation has most likely occurred at least once (I know, non-canon).

He murders an entire ship full of people and droids (who we have previously established have minds of their own.) He also tries to murder Sebulba. 

6 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

He murders an entire ship full of people and droids (who we have previously established have minds of their own.) He also tries to murder Sebulba. 

Both in self-defense (and even then this is a stretch). And examples of a lack of mercy don't mean there was never any mercy to begin with. And this is a very different situation from Rey's, who had already defeated her opponent. I also wouldn't call Anakin's fight with Sebulba a murder attempt.

Got an example: The Episode I novelization states that he showed mercy to wounded banthas in the past and tried to help them. Yes, also different from Rey's, but the point was that he also once took actions that were light in nature and ended up dark. Techincally Rey could follow the same path.

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Both in self-defense (and even then this is a stretch). And examples of a lack of mercy don't mean there was never any mercy to begin with. And this is a very different situation from Rey's, who had already defeated her opponent. I also wouldn't call Anakin's fight with Sebulba a murder attempt.

Got an example: The Episode I novelization states that he showed mercy to wounded banthas in the past and tried to help them. Yes, also different from Rey's, but the point was that he also once took actions that were light in nature and ended up dark. Techincally Rey could follow the same path.

I'm just giving Anakin crap tbh.

Just now, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Korriban and the Valley of the Dark lords really needs to make an appearance in the movies. It is so rich in imagery and atmosphere, I wonder why it has not been utilized. I'm hoping Ren completes his training with Snoke there, or something.

If they use it I hope they call it Korriban, which sounds call, and not Moraband, which is another reason I'm glad to see the back of Lucas. Both names are accepted in canon IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Korriban and the Valley of the Dark lords really needs to make an appearance in the movies. It is so rich in imagery and atmosphere, I wonder why it has not been utilized. I'm hoping Ren completes his training with Snoke there, or something.

That'd be awesome.

Ab: yeah, Korriband over Moraband, and both are accepted. Calling it Moraband was stupid to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Observation: I have been there, it isn't a good holiday destination, unless you are Sith, I wouldn't reccommend it.

Archived