Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Rolls out of Bed and Stretches [Ep VII Spoilers]

Davrum

Digital HD looks great on my home screen. Was so awesome to toast some cold ones with friends when that one sad thing happened.

I am in the minority these days, but I am eager to see it at home once the 3D bluray is released. The chase sequences were so good at the theater, and well-done 3D is really immersive in my normal-sized living room with a projector screen taking up most of one wall.

It's been discussed here and other places, but I am, until I see Episode VIII, fully Team Rey Kenobi.

13 minutes ago, Direwolves are totally sweet said:

Digital HD looks great on my home screen. Was so awesome to toast some cold ones with friends when that one sad thing happened.

I am in the minority these days, but I am eager to see it at home once the 3D bluray is released. The chase sequences were so good at the theater, and well-done 3D is really immersive in my normal-sized living room with a projector screen taking up most of one wall.

It's been discussed here and other places, but I am, until I see Episode VIII, fully Team Rey Kenobi.

Are you pleased with the added features?

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Is this released later in the UK than elsewhere? Amazon uk lists the release as 18th April, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing

Yeah, it is. I'm a little disappointed in Disney for that, especially since it released here in the cinema first. It's out on the 11th if you buy the Digital Edition though - that's what I'm doing.

On 06/04/2016 at 4:50 AM, Kalbear said:

Man, the Kylo/Rey lightsaber fight is awesome. 

I thought so.

I'm looking forward to seeing them both when they have more training (and Ren hasn't been shot or holding back.) But I like that it seems like a plausible sword fight.

On 4/6/2016 at 0:21 AM, Astromech said:

Are you pleased with the added features?

The documentary about the making is pretty damn good, the table read documentary (very short) was also very good. The rest was meh (for me anyways).

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I thought so.

I'm looking forward to seeing them both when they have more training (and Ren hasn't been shot or holding back.) But I like that it seems like a plausible sword fight.

It's a plausible sword fight that isn't super choreographed to hell and is filled with emotional value. Both it and the Kylo/Finn fight. They're masterful action as conversation, very much similar to Fury Road. It isn't action for its own sake, and it works very well.

It's very reminiscent of Empire and RotJ's duels - not the best choreography, but excellent in being a conversation of violence. And the facial expressions of Rey are just awesome and made me cheer again watching it. 

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

It's a plausible sword fight that isn't super choreographed to hell and is filled with emotional value. Both it and the Kylo/Finn fight. They're masterful action as conversation, very much similar to Fury Road. It isn't action for its own sake, and it works very well.

It's very reminiscent of Empire and RotJ's duels - not the best choreography, but excellent in being a conversation of violence. And the facial expressions of Rey are just awesome and made me cheer again watching it. 

Yep, agreed. It's probably my personal favourite lightsaber fight in all of the films (or was when I saw it in the cinema - I'll see how I feel watching again when I get the dvd). Although the fights between Vader and Luke in ESB and RotJ are both very well done too. I just found the emotion more powerful in the Force Awakens fight. And as I said back when I first saw this, far superior to the over-choreographed, nonsensical completely devoid of drama or emotion fights that dominated the prequels.

4 hours ago, Lord Hanna said:

The documentary about the making is pretty damn good, the table read documentary (very short) was also very good. The rest was meh (for me anyways).

How were the deleted scenes? 

How were the deleted scenes? 

The bridging scene with Leia talking about Poe and BB8 was pretty awesome, and I wish they had included it. It has Leia being significantly more commanding and helps establish the importance. I get why it was cut, but it adds value. 

The rest isn't super awesome. Ren going on the falcon is kinda neat, but not that special. The Finn/Han part getting held up by stormtroopers is kind of funny but not amazing. The speeder chase is pretty lame. 

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I can't open the pic from my work computer, but if it's the one I saw on facebook earlier, then yes, it's funny. Confirmation of Yoda-style training for Rey. :P

It's that one yeah :lol: chuckles all around

Archived