Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Rolls out of Bed and Stretches [Ep VII Spoilers]

Davrum

Just now, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Query: Are you the real HK-47, or some false meatbag?

Angry Answer: I the real HK-47 and posing such foolish queries again will find you in the sights of my Aratech sniper rifle-you have been warned meatbag!!.

17 hours ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Query: Are you the real HK-47, or some false meatbag?

17 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Angry Answer: I the real HK-47 and posing such foolish queries again will find you in the sights of my Aratech sniper rifle-you have been warned meatbag!!.

Real or not, this hunk of metal has been blasted by the Mouse Lord into the void of Legends. :devil:

On 16/2/2016 at 4:43 AM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

Thanks, I didn't know that. Then, it doesn't have to be Asajj Ventress, but some other female dark side character.

I feel like Barriss Offee would fit better with the scenario you described, her fate is entirely unknown.  The last we saw of her she was in the process of falling to the dark, and imprisoned in the Republic, however her motives for turning against the jedi order were legitimate even if her actions were not. I feel this fits with a greyer dark side, or at least less sithy dark side, that we are seeing with Snoke/Ren/The First Order.  It fits as a continuation of her arc, where it would not fit Ventriss even if she were alive (and I'm pretty disappointed that she got killed off in that way, I liked the idea of her as another free agent force using but dark grey bounty hunter lurking around the Empire).

Not sure why I'm supplementing this idea though as I don't see any of these as realistic, and Chewie not being able to speak anything other than Wookie is a pretty huge hurdle for masquerading as a Storm Trooper, not to mention his size.

I do think that at some point, although likely not the movies, we will see what happened to Barriss.

On 2/17/2016 at 3:38 PM, Corvinus said:

Real or not, this hunk of metal has been blasted by the Mouse Lord into the void of Legends. :devil:

Query: You think this is a bad thing meatbag?.

Observation: The new world created by the foolish mouse has become laughable already,Kylo Ren?,Snoke?. The only good bit is BB-8, and although he is 'cute' he is still a droid, I quite like him.

38 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Ridley confirmed that Episode 8 will start with the continuation of 7's last scene. It's the first time that will happen in a SW movie, but it makes sense to do that. (Though that means the opening crawl will just be a summary of the last movie).

It can clear up some of the end bits though - Hux taking Ben to train with Snoke, maybe a little on the state of the Republic with the Senate gone, what the resistance plans next. I think there is enough to tell that isnt just recap to cover 3 paragraphs

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It can clear up some of the end bits though - Hux taking Ben to train with Snoke, maybe a little on the state of the Republic with the Senate gone, what the resistance plans next. I think there is enough to tell that isnt just recap to cover 3 paragraphs

I suppose, yeah. It could bring up plot points that were implied in the previous movie but not elaborated on.

Yeah, there has to be some other important stuff going on elsewhere in the Galaxy that we just didn't get to see in TFA.  So the crawl can elaborate on that stuff more.  And not doing a direct continuation (to show that first scene between them) would have been so disappointing.

On 3/2/2016 at 2:27 AM, First of My Name said:

Ridley confirmed that Episode 8 will start with the continuation of 7's last scene. It's the first time that will happen in a SW movie, but it makes sense to do that. (Though that means the opening crawl will just be a summary of the last movie).

It's the only way they could play it really. No other Star Wars movie has ended on a cliffhanger of that style, so TFA already broke Star Wars storytelling "rules", meaning it doesn't make sense to have Episode VIII follow the "rules" of every other Star Wars movie.

3 hours ago, Davrum said:

It's the only way they could play it really. No other Star Wars movie has ended on a cliffhanger of that style, so TFA already broke Star Wars storytelling "rules", meaning it doesn't make sense to have Episode VIII follow the "rules" of every other Star Wars movie.

I agree with this, but what does that mean for the opening crawl? That has always been used as an explanation of what took place while the time changed between movies. What do they do now? 

59 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I agree with this, but what does that mean for the opening crawl? That has always been used as an explanation of what took place while the time changed between movies. What do they do now? 

You got me there. Fortunately it's Rian Johnson's problem and while I haven't loved everything he's done he's still roughly 1138 times more creative than I am.

On 02/03/2016 at 1:27 PM, First of My Name said:

It could really break with tradition and have an opening scene continuing Luke and Ridley's meeting and then cut to the opening crawl to allow the passage of time. That lets us skip a film of Ridley training. I know some people want her to train but unless it's really different I'm not too fussed.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I had the impression that Finn was seriously wounded and would need time to recover. 

I was wondering whether he'll be fitting with some kind of exoskeleton/support for his spine while he's recovering. I don't know how good healing tanks are in this era of star wars

59 minutes ago, red snow said:

It could really break with tradition and have an opening scene continuing Luke and Ridley's meeting and then cut to the opening crawl to allow the passage of time. That lets us skip a film of Ridley training. I know some people want her to train but unless it's really different I'm not too fussed.

I was wondering whether he'll be fitting with some kind of exoskeleton/support for his spine while he's recovering. I don't know how good healing tanks are in this era of star wars

All they have to do is place the opening crawl before Ray meets Luke and state she is on her way to find Luke and what happened elsewhere in the galaxy before the meeting. Then cut to the continuation scene. The passage of time didn't necessarily have to be short following the battle and Rey's meeting Luke. I would love the opening crawl to state something about mourning the loss of Han Solo and his funeral. Maybe they are filming that entire end scene again from a different angle, like Luke's pov.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Story-wise and pacing-wise I think this makes the most sense, but not starting with the opening crawl would feel very wrong. But I feel like this would be the best choice objectively speaking.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

In that case TFA didn't end where it should have. Either no Luke, or give them 5 more minutes. Luke: "Yes, I'm your father"

Was it confirmed the continuation will be the opening scene, or just that there would be no time jump? Because I still like my own idea of flipping to (for example) Hux and Kylo Ren aboard a ship, heading to Snoke and when that scene ends flip back to Luke and Rey facing each other. I don't know exactly what was said though so not sure if this is still a possibility.

Also, I think I would feel cheated not getting a "space opening" scene :P 

Archived