What do you think the Others do in their spare time? What else did they do these past 8000 years?

Falcon2908

I always found the spans of time implausible, things like the Starks ruling uninterruptedly for thousands of years, etc.--especially with the degree of instability Westeros has shown at the time of the story. 

As for the Others, I suppose as stated above they breed. Or make snow angels. I daresay they could d both contemporaneously.

http://www2.canada.c...8&sponsor=Xerox

Fans of the novels are eagerly awaiting Martin’s final two instalments of the seven-part series. In particular, they are eager to learn more about the White Walkers — or The Others — a mysterious, undead race seemingly bent on humanity’s destruction. “(We’ll learn more about their) history, certainly, but I don’t know about culture,”he said.I don’t know if they have a culture.”

They've been recovering their strength after their suprise defeat in the Battle for the Dawn, but decided to abide by the terms of their agreement with the humans and Children and remain in the Land of Always Winter. They were very content to just stay there, but when the Children caused the volcano under Hardhome to erupt, they felt that the treaty had been broken and decided to prepare for war. However, after so long not really doing anything, it took a while for them to get ready to take on the Children and humans, especially given the latter's numbers, and that they'd been further weakened by the eruption (and they were later set back by the Doom) The Others' slow emergence was what prompted Raymun Redbeard to lead the free folk south of the Wall.

And now the Others are finally ready, and the Children aren't strong enough to prompt another eruption...

I'm still working on this theory, but you can get the gist of it from the link in my signature.

29 minutes ago, Black Crow said:

http://www2.canada.c...8&sponsor=Xerox

Fans of the novels are eagerly awaiting Martin’s final two instalments of the seven-part series. In particular, they are eager to learn more about the White Walkers — or The Others — a mysterious, undead race seemingly bent on humanity’s destruction. “(We’ll learn more about their) history, certainly, but I don’t know about culture,”he said.I don’t know if they have a culture.”

I agree that fans are eagerly awaiting Martin's final two installments. There are presently two threads running about this topic. This one came up after the "musings thread."  To me, this thread seems to be a comical thread, for fun and laughs.

On the "musings thread" it seems to me that people are trying to have a serious conversation. I think your thoughts and insight would be appreciated and helpful there. Truly I do. I know I am interested in what you are willing to share. I'm not going to keep jumping around because a topic comes up, then another of the same topic comes up and then another version of the topic comes up.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

In an interruption to our advertised program I'm watching a feature on Sky Atlantic, providing a catch up on the HBO series thus far and featuring interviews with [among others] GRRM, who has just confirmed that when Sam pinked Ser Puddles "he broke the spell holding him together." 

10 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I agree that fans are eagerly awaiting Martin's final two installments. There are presently two threads running about this topic. This one came up after the "musings thread."  To me, this thread seems to be a comical thread, for fun and laughs.

On the "musings thread" it seems to me that people are trying to have a serious conversation. I think your thoughts and insight would be appreciated and helpful there. Truly I do. I know I am interested in what you are willing to share. I'm not going to keep jumping around because a topic comes up, then another of the same topic comes up and then another version of the topic comes up.

Perfectly true, but this one started off serious. As for the other one, yes, I've come out to play and contributed my mite, but for the serious stuff I prefer to stick with Heresy over on the ADwD page, where we've amassed a fair body of knowledge on the blue-eyed lot. No disrespect to the main board, but I've deadlines to meet and spend far too much time here as it is. I should be working right now...:cool4:

1 minute ago, Black Crow said:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Perfectly true, but this one started off serious. As for the other one, yes, I've come out to play and contributed my mite, but for the serious stuff I prefer to stick with Heresy over on the ADwD page, where we've amassed a fair body of knowledge on the blue-eyed lot. No disrespect to the main board, but I've deadlines to meet and spend far too much time here as it is. I should be working right now...:cool4:

I have respect for the ole black crow.

Archived