Will Theon ever become king of the Iron Islands?

Valens

And can he, thats the best question. Now that he has become...unmanly, can he and will he want to claim his right? I'd like to see him and Asha hatch some kind of plot to get rid of Euron. And I like Euron, but let's face it-with him at the helm there, nothing good can happen in the rest of Westeros. He's just an amusing and cool character, but one you eventually wanna see killed off. Oh and, in case he has already been killed of in TWOW, ignore this thread. :P

5 minutes ago, Ser Morbid said:

eunoch as king of the iron islands?  HAR! .. had a good giggle there

Nobody outside of his sister and now dead father know he's a eunuch. And I highly doubt Asha would spread the word.

No. Not king. Lord maybe, but only if he has the backing of some mainland Lord/Lady, best would be the leader of the North, but it could also work if the leader of the North at least wouldn't stand in the way.  

Unfortunately for Theon, there are not a lot of people lining up to support him.

57 minutes ago, Valens said:

Nobody outside of his sister and now dead father know he's a eunuch. And I highly doubt Asha would spread the word.

Theon is maimed, unable to fight with sword anymore. He is suffering from PTSD probably and wouldnt be even able to piss in standing position. I don't think he would even get accepted as fellow ironborn , let alone become king of iron islands

I think Theon will play a role against Euron.

Whether he will become king? unlikely becos one way or the other his emasculation at the hands of ramsay will come out. and he has to prove himself to the ironborn .He had trouble commanding soldiers and is horribly weak.

6 hours ago, Valens said:

And can he, thats the best question. Now that he has become...unmanly, can he and will he want to claim his right? I'd like to see him and Asha hatch some kind of plot to get rid of Euron. And I like Euron, but let's face it-with him at the helm there, nothing good can happen in the rest of Westeros. He's just an amusing and cool character, but one you eventually wanna see killed off. Oh and, in case he has already been killed of in TWOW, ignore this thread. :P

And be remember as the king who lost his manhood? Not a chance, but he could be use as a valid excuse to declare the result of the Kingsmoot null and void, since as a candidate, he was not present at the Kingsmoot

No they had a Kingsmoot, and if they didn't want an 80 something year old man welding a war hammer, but yet couldn't get outta his chair, then what makes you think they would want a broken feeble eunuch?

Theon in my mind was a Squid who look longingly at the sea, but was comfortable in the snow.

5 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Theon will not survive long enough to be king. He's doomed to die. The only question is how many people he takes down with him, and whether one of those people is Ramsay Bolton.

Agreed. The character's arc since midway through Clash has been about finding his personal identity. While you could make an argument that being king is the identity he's been working towards, that doesn't really fit with the struggles he's had to overcome.

Also, even when he was whole and sure of himself Theon would not have been able to convince the Ironborn to rally behind him. Now that he's broken physically and mentally, they'd likely just mercy kill him if he tried.

26 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

No they had a Kingsmoot, and if they didn't want an 80 something year old man welding a war hammer, but yet couldn't get outta his chair, then what makes you think they would want a broken feeble eunuch?

Theon in my mind was a Squid who look longingly at the sea, but was comfortable in the snow.

Of course an eunuch could not be a King, but still Theon, as son of the former King, has his right to compete in the Kingsmoot, since he was not present, the result of the Kingsmoot would not be valid, this is a perfect excuse for those not satisfy about the result of the Kingsmoot, and based on this execuse, they could ask a second round of Kingsmoot

2 minutes ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

he (probably) already has a son, with the captains daughter. True a bastard, but he could pass him as a salt son.

as for weak and broken,.. many things could happen in between.

he has no son. Just a sailor's daughter he had secks with. and he is weak and broken as noted in the wow chapter 

27 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

he has no son. Just a sailor's daughter he had secks with. and he is weak and broken as noted in the wow chapter 

The theory is well known. We will have to wait and see i guess.  I was just saying that the fact that he has no penis could be no problem, since he could very well have a son if the author wants.

He is weak and broken, for now. Many things can change. He could "rise stronger" as the saying goes.

Archived