[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think they mean Rickon. He gets to spend his last days with Ramsay in Winterhell. Because that would be so hugely dramatically satisfying.

Yes, kids being tortured, so edgy. /s

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So, Rickon shows up, which will be SO FUCKING STUPID.  OMG.  Why would any Northern lord who has a Stark heir give him to the Boltons who betrayed the North, participated in the RW and killed their liege lord and king?  

And sounds like we got the TOJ in Ep. 3, seven save us from that badass mess of stupidity coming.

Right? And then drag it out until ep 9. 

2 minutes ago, Rhaegar the Unworthy said:

Porcupine development??

Ramsay has Rickon and tells him to run to Jon and when he does he gets shot by a bunch of Bolton arrows. And apparently still tries to crawl towards Jon on the battlefield. Lovely. 

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So, Rickon shows up, which will be SO FUCKING STUPID.  OMG.  Why would any Northern lord who has a Stark heir give him to the Boltons who betrayed the North, participated in the RW and killed their liege lord and king?  

And sounds like we got the TOJ in Ep. 3, seven save us from that badass mess of stupidity coming.

Also, this probably means we'll get those lovely heart-warming scenes with Rickon, Osha, and Shaggy in ep 2. Or ep 3 and it's all even more rushed and unearned than usual. 

5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

D&D's cookies - I think of them more as little crumbs. Edd was shown and even had lines... but nothing morbidly sarcastic. The moment he leaves for the wildlings or to fetch Ghost would be a perfect moment for it. But no, they have someone else make an Edd-like comment about Edd. :bawl:

I am actually not that difficult to make happy. Just a scene with a direwolf is enough for me :D And if the direwolf and the warg would hug each other or something like that I would be very happy. And look at this (very sad). And it was not even Ghost his fault he was not there (probably some retconning :dunno:)

And now Bran in two episodes with the thousand-eyes-and-two - very excited and afraid at the same time how they would ruin this storyline. And maybe Summer? 

So many cookies for me (nevertheless I will never forgive them for completely the direwolves and for taking amazing parts of Bran's storyline like the harvest feast, Meera's story, Coldhands, the real Bloodraven, ... and replacing it with that mess at Craster's keep. Never forgive. Never forget) Still cookies!!! And I am still hoping for a meal for Ghost! 

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think it might be the young Starks in Winterfell flashback. I thought ToJ was from a latter director.

and the Northern Lord (presumably Umber) will hand Rickon over for the same hair-brained reason they join with the Boltons to begin with.

"We need support of the Northern houses"

"Here we have Rickon"

"Where were you the past two seasons?"

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, kids being tortured, so edgy. /s

Right? And then drag it out until ep 9. 

Ramsay has Rickon and tells him to run to Jon and when he does he gets shot by a bunch of Bolton arrows. And apparently still tries to crawl towards Jon on the battlefield. Lovely. 

Are you serious? Good gawd

LMAO.  Maybe Show Sansa, who hasn't a brain in her head is the proper person to be Queen in the North, since presumably, the Northern Lords, when a couple finally show up...are just as stupid as she is in the show...giving over Rickon Stark to the Boltons, who destroyed House Stark and killed Robb Stark.  

Roose has already said he can't survive w/out the Northern lords support and can't keep their support without a Stark, but apparently, the Northern lords can't figure this out for themselves, so they will turn over Rickon.

Oh yeah, and they will also be stupid and suck at fighting, and need to be saved by Littlefinger.

The North storyline is now almost as stupid as Dorne is, the only difference is it has worse lighting but better actors.

1 minute ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

The buildup on the watch breaking down the door to Jon's room has been so immense, there's no way it ends logically.

But it will probably end creatively. 

2 hours ago, Metopheles said:

Is no one upset about the fact that while bookRoose is more or less apathetic and uninterested in terms of inheritance and what becomes of his house and the North, while showRoose is the exact opposite, a "cunning" ambitious climber who plays games with his son about who the heir is and is looking forward and hopeful of a better heir, a trueborn heir? In the books he outright doesn't care and knows that he wont be having a long living real heir, because Ramsay would kill him and his wife, as he did before; Roose doesn't give a fuck about it and takes it with ease that this will happen and that his line is ending.

But noooooo; ShowRoose is a player. He has ambitions, living the AmericanWesterosi dream! He always finds a new way, always looks forward to his next steps and opportunities. Has a hopeful outlook of a better future, ready and able to remove Ramsay; Not at all doubting his victory over his cruel bastard son. 

book Roose is the one who made peace with the knowledge of landing on Boardwalk and loosing all his money;

Show Roose is the one who buys it.

Well, in a way I think book-Roose cares more than he likes to let on to Theon/Reek and especially his son. He does bring in Lady Dustin and trusts her more than any of the other allies, aside from the Freys. Is Roose indeed relying on the fact that she claims to hate the Starks more for Ned getting her husband (who was more of a leftover to her) killed than she hates Ramsay for murdering her beloved nephew Domeric ? Or is that just pretense? When you know you're around a psychopath, the best way to ensure that they do not touch/harm what you value is by not letting them know that you value it. Feigning complete disinterest and boredom is a tactic to make a pscyhopath disinterested as well. Psychopaths prefer targets that can provoke a dramatic reaction.

And then Roose also says something along the lines of kinslaying IIRC - if he slays Ramsay for killing his trueborn son Domeric then he becomes a kinslayer and cursed by the gods. This is where Lady Dustin comes in again. She may be regarded as kin because Roose was once her brother-in-law, but she has no blood tie whatsoever to Ramsay. And Roose may expect Lady Dustin to take her chance at some point at killing Ramsay, and will not interfere with that I expect.

11 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

I think it might be the young Starks in Winterfell flashback. I thought ToJ was from a latter director.

and the Northern Lord (presumably Umber) will hand Rickon over for the same hair-brained reason they join with the Boltons to begin with.

"We need support of the Northern houses"

"Here we have Rickon"

"Where were you the past two seasons?"

Yeah, I think you're right. I'd forgotten the young Starks playing with wooden swords, none of whom are LYANNA. :tantrum:

33 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

How is Bri going to get to the Riverlands?  Is Sansa going to send her there to help the Blackfish?  Or is Sansa's multiple personality disorder going to surface again and she will send Bri away after she finds out about Arya and the Hound?

I suppose sending her there to help the BF makes total sense since of anyone in Westeros, you can count on Bri to randomly run into someone of importance at just the right moment, out in the middle of nowhere.

She's probably going to send her to the Riverlands to find Arya since she's had personal evidence of Brienne's Stark GPS function. "Needle" in a haystack, eh?

On the show, Sansa's vengeance seems almost exclusively directed to the Boltons - which makes sense because I'm sure they want us to forget Poor Carol was ever mean to Sansa and Joffrey was just practice doe Ramsay. I mean, they will have Littlefinger save the day so ... Can't make the Lannisters look bad or Sansa look bad for seeking vengeance against them. It was the Boltons who really wronged HER (since it seemingly took her personal suffering at the hands of Ramsay to motivate her to become a Strong Woman TM.)

36 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

How is Bri going to get to the Riverlands?  Is Sansa going to send her there to help the Blackfish?  Or is Sansa's multiple personality disorder going to surface again and she will send Bri away after she finds out about Arya and the Hound?

I suppose sending her there to help the BF makes total sense since of anyone in Westeros, you can count on Bri to randomly run into someone of importance at just the right moment, out in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe she sends Brienne back to the RL to find Arya this time, instead of looking for her for but 3 days after the fight with the Hound... ETA: what am I saying. That would make too much sense in D&D's storyline and writing

15 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

She's probably going to send her to the Riverlands to find Arya since she's had personal evidence of Brienne's Stark GPS function. "Needle" in a haystack, eh?

Turner is describing Brienne like Sansa describes Sandor in the books. It's like they've done a Beast swap.

Sansa and the Brute, instead of Sansa and the Hound. Maybe there's a kiss involved, too. She thinks Brienne kissed her.

So after all the beast hints they were dropping with Sandor, who is his beauty? Jaime? Is he going to fight Cersei for him?

I guess this was just to make GRRM happy... And Jaime really dreamed of Sandor (hey, we'll finally get that line after all!)

(D&D&C couldn't write their way out of a paper bag... Just saying...)

Honestly the show feels more and more like a bad revenge fanfic. The sort where their favs (Lannisters and Boltons) get the most focus and their character's enemies get smacked down/shown up. Hence the erasure of the Lannisters murder of Rheanys and Aegon (they have IIRC never been named and Ellaria didn't even mention them last episode) and the fact that the show!Ellaria and Sand Snakes are kingslaying. Roughly the equivalent of that scene in My Immortal where Dumbledore goes capslock and swears (which is the only part I know.)

This is actually shown in many other ways this past episode, such as Ramsay's little spiel emoting about the women he threatened to murder last season if she bored him. Or Arya's time in the House of Black and White being far more terrifying and abusive than show!Harrenhall. In the books, the waif has no ridiculous beef with Arya and Arya explicitly thinks she finds it better than Harrenhall and less abusive.

"You think the Lannisters and Boltons are bad" they seem to be saying. "We'll show you!" Luckily, I'd say it has been unsuccessful, in part because characterizations are so sloppy and people remember a character siccing hounds on people far better than a boring monologue.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Turner is describing Brienne like Sansa describes Sandor in the books. It's like they've done a Beast swap.

Sansa and the Brute, instead of Sansa and the Hound. Maybe there's a kiss involved, too. She thinks Brienne kissed her.

Yes.  More Lesbians!  Super progressive!

Show Bri is already a lesbian, so if we see Sansa wearing pants, we'll know she's given up men after Ramsay and now she goes for women. Abracadabra.  That will be awesome character development, empowerment and boss.ass.bitch work.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes.  More Lesbians!  Super progressive!

Show Bri is already a lesbian, so if we see Sansa wearing pants, we'll know she's given up men after Ramsay and now she goes for women. Abracadabra.  That will be awesome character development, empowerment and boss.ass.bitch work.

It sure sounds like it! Boss ass bitches, kill the weak men.

Archived