[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

GoT sucks.

Were there not spoilers Bran would start an earthquake or something like that? It is probably too much whole Westeros is destroyed? 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But Qyburn only gives them candy because the kids said Varys Clause was good and gave them candy. :lol:

Unbelievable, this episode managed to reach new lows in every aspect, that's a real accomplishment given how bad it's been for ages now. 

Haha. Good point! I'm sure showing that scene allows D&D to counteract the people who are wondering why Varys is a good guy now. "See, Varys was nice all along! He was giving his little birds candy for years!" And now nice old uncle Qyburn is apparently doing the same thing. I was waiting for the kids to start running and playing on Franken Gregor after they got their candy.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He has to meet up with the Boss.Ass.Bitch, rally his army that will suck and be defeated by Alexander the Great Ramsay only to be saved by Good Guy Littlefinger.

I'm not sure how or why Osha will even be alive to talk smack and then get killed....since the Umbers hate wildlings they would have killed her already.

I will say officially that Kit has now surpassed Emilia as an actor, not that this is saying much, but i at least see improvement instead of someone who either doesn't improve or gets worse.

I refuse to watch the episode again, EVER, but it looked like Red Dress was changing colors in her scenes again, going from looking like she's in black to red.  But the lighting for these scenes in the North with Jon and Mel is terrible, consistently terrible.

Mel was very clearly the Black Dread again when Jon walks off. Also, HoBaW, Qyburn's lab, Sam and Mrs Tarly, all fucking dark as. I thought Kit was quite good, actually. And I mean the acting only, not the dumb as fuck dialogue. And yeah, Jon will bump into Babs or he won't really leave CB until she gets there. I don't think he'll go around recruiting 10-year-olds with Davos and Babs, but maybe. But what if he doesn't go? Will he go somewhere else? Or stay put, and that raises the question... Doing what? What a fucking mess. 

4 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

Yes but... where is the motivation for him to do this? Jon Snow as a person is not synonymous with the Stark cause as a whole.Even if killing him is necassary to the Umbers, why is Rickon a factor in that? And why would allying with the Boltons help?

Snow being a "Stark bastard" is coincidental. Umber was there because *insert person *...Danny DeVito, Ru Paul or Harry Chapin let wildlings through the wall in which happens to be in close proximity to the Last hearth.

Umber clearly stated that while he loved fighting wildlings, there's too many to beat back on their own. That's the reason allying with Bolton helps.

Therefore, if the amount of wildlings is overwhelming for Umber forces on their own, he needs more manpower. Where do you get this?...you could irrationally hire sellswords to fill gaping holes in your plot like D&D did with Stannis...or you could go somewhere nearby where people hold common cause with you against wildling raiders.

He obviously doesn't care for/respect Bolton, he calls his father a cunt, he mockingly snickers when Ramsay insists it was poison that killed Roose and takes cheap shots at Karstark. He refuses to bend the knee...BUT...he still needs men. People make common cause, it happens in war. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Ramsay has zero reason to help Umber at this point. Why would he? Oh yeah, because Umber just delivered presumably the last person that can contest Ramsays claim to the North. Umber cares about himself/the Last Hearth. If he cared about Rickon/Starks he'd have tried to rally Stark friendly aid.

Literally all these questions were explained in scene, surprisingly for once with this show. People's knowledge of book Umbers and hoping something bad doesn't happen to another Stark is tainting the reality of a show that has historically had zero problems changing plots and character motivations to serve it's own end.

Jesus the Tower of Joy was cringeworthy, people saying they didn't give him Dawn because it hasn't been established in the show but does it need to be? Just give him a large sword that looks like Dawn and they wouldn't even have to explain it, it would just be oh that guy has a cool sword. 

Also 10/10 acting, tone and cinematography with Scrooge watching from the most dull shots and brilliant dialogue. 

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

NO YOUR KING IS DEAD AND YOUR PRINCE IS IN THE GROUND ;'( BOB IS FINE AND MUSCLED LIKE A MAIDEN'S FANCY DON'T SAY MEAN THINGS !

It's not even that it's deviating from the books, it's that it deviates in such shit ways. 

I miss season 1 armour.

4 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Yes @Cas Stark Batfinger will finally be the hero who saves the day, tells Jon he is Rhaegar's legit heir, then crown him... Blech

The Hero we all wanted <3

/sarcasm 

4 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Yes @Cas Stark Batfinger will finally be the hero who saves the day, tells Jon he is Rhaegar's legit heir, then crown him... Blech

The Hero we all wanted <3

/sarcasm 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

LF is not going to show up until Sansa AND Jon need saving.  

Yeah, I am sure when it's all over Jon will be like "LF your so awesome! I want you to have sex with my sister! You can use my room!"

Standby for face palming.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

LF is not going to show up until Sansa AND Jon need saving.  

Yeah, I am sure when it's all over Jon will be like "LF your so awesome! I want you to have sex with my sister! You can use my room!"

Standby for face palming.

Interesting. Even though they still seem to love this abomination, this season's first three episodes received less fresh ratings on RT than last year's first three episodes.

This year's on the left, as the titles indicate.

https://www.anony.ws/i/2016/05/09/image4d51b.jpg

16 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

This episode made me feel like I felt last year:  please hurry up the next 7 weeks so we can get this mess over with, and not to mention so this site becomes useable in the normal sense of the word again.

My mind is boggled that people liked the TOJ scene, though I admit the guy did a fairly good job making two swords look like something reasonable...but then of course PLOT HOLE..why in the fuck is the guy who uses two IDENTICAL swords, called the Sword of the Morning...which Joff called him in Season 4.  Epic hackery to keep the badass tittle, but can't be bothered in the most expensive show ever made to create Dawn, the Sword of the Morning..just give him two swords...but the audiences eats it up anyway.

More is ALWAYS more on GoT, therefore two random swords is evidently better than one sword, however legendary. 

LOL, right?  And they were random swords, nothing notable about them.

Where is Jon going to get his Stark armor?  Will the boss.ass.bitch sew it for him with mini needle?

Yeah, it will be really stupid if he walks out of CB without a coat and then he's still there next week. 

I really don't understand how someone can watch that and think it's a good episode.  Even as individual scenes, other than some of the Jon stuff it was bad.  The Ramsay scene was bad, why does Umber have to say fuck 5000 times?  Why is Ramsay who kills people for fun all of a sudden letting Umber talk to him like that? 

The small council meeting? For the love of god, what was the point?  Why did that scene exist?  We already know Carol and Larry are forever in love, and that Frankenmountain is hulking around.  They could have just as easily given that she's not allowed in the council meetings as a throw away line to Lena and had something interesting or important happen or be discussed.

More is ALWAYS more on GoT, therefore two random swords is evidently better than one sword, however legendary. 

Where is Jon going to get his Stark armor?  Will the boss.ass.bitch sew it for him with mini needle?

Yeah, it will be really stupid if he walks out of CB without a coat and then he's still there next week. 

I really don't understand how someone can watch that and think it's a good episode.  Even as individual scenes, other than some of the Jon stuff it was bad.  The Ramsay scene was bad, why does Umber have to say fuck 5000 times?  Why is Ramsay who kills people for fun all of a sudden letting Umber talk to him like that? 

The small council meeting? For the love of god, what was the point?  Why did that scene exist?  We already know Carol and Larry are forever in love, and that Frankenmountain is hulking around.  They could have just as easily given that she's not allowed in the council meetings as a throw away line to Lena and had something interesting or important happen or be discussed.

51 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Snow being a "Stark bastard" is coincidental. Umber was there because *insert person *...Danny DeVito, Ru Paul or Harry Chapin let wildlings through the wall in which happens to be in close proximity to the Last hearth.

Umber clearly stated that while he loved fighting wildlings, there's too many to beat back on their own. That's the reason allying with Bolton helps.

Therefore, if the amount of wildlings is overwhelming for Umber forces on their own, he needs more manpower. Where do you get this?...you could irrationally hire sellswords to fill gaping holes in your plot like D&D did with Stannis...or you could go somewhere nearby where people hold common cause with you against wildling raiders.

He obviously doesn't care for/respect Bolton, he calls his father a cunt, he mockingly snickers when Ramsay insists it was poison that killed Roose and takes cheap shots at Karstark. He refuses to bend the knee...BUT...he still needs men. People make common cause, it happens in war. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Ramsay has zero reason to help Umber at this point. Why would he? Oh yeah, because Umber just delivered presumably the last person that can contest Ramsays claim to the North. Umber cares about himself/the Last Hearth. If he cared about Rickon/Starks he'd have tried to rally Stark friendly aid.

Literally all these questions were explained in scene, surprisingly for once with this show. People's knowledge of book Umbers and hoping something bad doesn't happen to another Stark is tainting the reality of a show that has historically had zero problems changing plots and character motivations to serve it's own end.

Yeah I agree with this. In general I thought the logic was mostly sound in this episode, which is a major improvement from the previous two. This episode just came down to bad dialogue and silly book changes really. Overall it was fine, but still not very compelling.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Unbelievable, is all I can say. But Babs doesn't sew anymore, that's for boring girls not Boss. Ass. Bitches. Jon will just appear dressed in Stark clothes because, obviously. Sheesh, you guys want everything explained to you on screen! LOL

Umber's lines, yeah, kids would come up with something better, and definitely wouldn't use fuck like that, because really, that was so stupidly bad that I don't even want to remember any of it. 

Carol and Larry and third wheel Gregor, exceedingly boring, accomplished exactly fuck all, and YAWN, did I mention it was boring?

As to the bold, that's jut it, they can't. Not because there aren't interesting things from the book, and not because it would be impossible to come up with something interesting. I say "they can't" as in, are unable to, it's clearly beyond their capabilities as "writers". 

Archived