[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

53 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

So Jon Snow has just been assassinated and then brought back from being dead. What's his immediate concern? 

Is it Ghost, his most loyal companion whom is actually a part of him? Is it his brothers Bran and Rickon, whom I can't even remember if Jon knows their alive or not in the show? But don't worry, D&D probably don't know either. Is it Arya, his sister that he deeply loved and had the strongest bond with, whom he was just about to abandon his vows in order to save? How about the threat of the Others, about to exterminate all of mankind? 

What the hell am I thinking? Of course, the first words out or his mouth are, you guessed it, Olly. :bang:

It really saddens me that the only thing that I liked about this episode was (and forgive me for this, as I am disgusted with myself for feeling this way) watching a young child being hanged. :thumbsdown:

LOL!

My impression is that there is overwhelming delight among viewers that John hanged Olly.

This episode was really awful on so many levels. 

Why is Davos so shocked Jon came back from the dead? He's the one who orchestrated the whole thing. So he never really believed it was possible but decided to give it a go anyway because he was bored at CB and didn't have anything else to do. Stupid.

The Child of the Forest (there's always only one) is no longer little Orphan Annie, but someone straight out of Cats. Stupid.

Endless and completely pointless and extremely boring scene with St Tyrion and Missy-Worm. Coma level of boring.

Same for Varys and Evul Whore scene, and a bit funny that Varys, the guy who cuts his little birds' tongues, to say he'd never hurt a child, and cut to Qybun with Varys' little birds where they say Varys was nice and gave them candy. LOL

Poor Carol and Larry and third wheel ser Gregor Clegane. Not Robert Strong, that'd be too much of a complicating factor for viewers to grasp. And between Carol and Larry, even the acting was bad which is surprising since Lena and NCW are usually excellent.

Small council so boring, what happened there? A fart joke and what else? Can't remember. Yawn.

Sam and Gilly, boring, dark as usual, and boring. And boring. Yawn. Oh and we knew this already but it's always good to be reminded: Sam is all about bending the rules, and Gilly tells him he's the father of her son. Yawn.

Tommen and the HS, what was that? DCC acting was awful, the scene was pointless. 

Another endless, dark, and boring Arya beating, and in the end Jaqen gives her to drink from the euthanasia well. Makes sense. 

The Ramsay Sue show, the gift that keeps on giving, like a virus. NotUmber said 187 words, and of those 145 were "fuck". I mean, I won't say this is dialogue that a 12-year-old would write because that would be offending kids everywhere. And as I predicted long ago, Shaggy is presented to us already dead, a fucking head dropped on a table. FUCK YOU, GOT. And have Rickon and Osha been the NotUmbers captives for 4 years? Or where they just one big happy family until the wildlings came through, and then they killed Shaggy with a butter knife and locked Rickon and Osha up? And soooooo much to look forward here, days and days of torture and abuse is all they'll get on their last few days. And what the fuck is the deal with the kinslaying? Now it's not one of the worst crimes one can commit. No, on Westeros 2 it's something one should aspire to. 

What else? Ah, the ToJ. One :rolleyes: after the other. The guy did have two swords and fought with two swords, he didn't pick it up from a fallen opponent. So he's fighting all and kills everyone, and a wounded Reed stabs him with another butter knife in the back and pierces through plate, body and plate again? LOL Just ludicrous. And the blades dipped in a bucket of red paint also looked stupid. And Constipated Young Ned is terrible, just absolutely terrible.

Then the Wall again. Why would the wildlings think Jon is a god because he came back from the dead? The wildlings who not only have been dealing with WW and wights for YEARS, but were at Hardhome? I guess it made sense creatively to add that line. And where the fuck is Ghost? Again, immediately dropped and forgotten, soon to be a head on a table or something equally stupid. And even the stabbers death was so fucking lame, I can't even. Jon makes a sad face when he talks about Olly, and when he's about to cut the rope and kill the stabbers, he looks extra sad too. What a joke. And he doesn't look at the guys when he cuts the rope, and he should have. But I should at least be grateful it didn't go down as I thought it would. Olly's intense hate stares were absolutely HILARIOUS, and the dead heads were horrible and looked like cheap Halloween masks, especially given the millions and millions spent on each episode.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Truly god-awful in every possible aspect. 

Ah, I forgot Khaleesi! Double yawn, and as with the entire episode, atrocious dialogue. As the widow of the Khal of Khals, shouldn't she be riding? And "move your ass" because that's supposed to be... what? Witty? Gritty? Realistic? It's none of those things, just bad writing, and extremely lacking in creativity. 

Rickon and Shaggy is just complete BS.

In-show: Doesn't make any sense that Umber is giving the Northern jewel of a Stark that could make him regent for at least a decade in the North, over wildlings and play 3rd fiddle to Ramsay, married to a Stark.

Book-comparison: Rickon is the wildest and the fiercest warg, and Shaggy is the fiercest of the direwolves. There's just no way that this happens in this way at all. The boy is 4 and influences 3 direwolves to make Tyrion pee his pants. The scene has first Robb in the WF seat sword in his lap like a King of Winter, then Brann on the WF seat withotu sword as the Prince of WF, and finally Rickon storms inside with the direwolves... foreshadowing him to be the one who heralds and returns the Wolves to WF's hall. Doesn't mean he might grow up into an adult and get killed at some point, but he's the embodiment of "A Time for Wolves". Shaggy freaking kills a unicorn on Skagos, and Skagos is probably the harshest and wildest place South of the Wall where a kid can grow up. He probably dual wields daggers while spitting a third with his teeth at the age of 7. 

Just seeing him in ropes and a bag over his head and looking around more confused than Tommen is just complete :bs:

Oh, and Rickon also completely forgets about WF's crypts to hide in, of course.

D&D and their troll-fic :bang:.

17 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

In-show: Doesn't make any sense that Umber is giving the Northern jewel of a Stark that could make him regent for at least a decade in the North, over wildlings and play 3rd fiddle to Ramsay, married to a Stark.

Book-comparison: Rickon is the wildest and the fiercest warg, and Shaggy is the fiercest of the direwolves. There's just no way that this happens in this way at all. The boy is 4 and influences 3 direwolves to make Tyrion pee his pants. The scene has first Robb in the WF seat sword in his lap like a King of Winter, then Brann on the WF seat withotu sword as the Prince of WF, and finally Rickon storms inside with the direwolves... foreshadowing him to be the one who heralds and returns the Wolves to WF's hall. Doesn't mean he might grow up into an adult and get killed at some point, but he's the embodiment of "A Time for Wolves". Shaggy freaking kills a unicorn on Skagos, and Skagos is probably the harshest and wildest place South of the Wall where a kid can grow up. He probably dual wields daggers while spitting a third with his teeth at the age of 7. 

Just seeing him in ropes and a bag over his head and looking around more confused than Tommen is just complete :bs:

Umber has to have a ploy. His reasoning behind this decision cannot be parsed if he's on the level. He's blaming Rickon for Jon's actions, yet is placing himself in the service of the son of the man responsible for the Red Wedding? How does this make any sense at all? Umber is desperate to fight Jon and the wildlings, but if he didn't give Ramsay Rickon then his soldiers would be turned away? If he wants to fight Jon and the Wildlings, that's fine. I have no idea why he would ever give Rickon to Ramsay just because of that though.

It will all be a ruse. A nonsense ruse of course - because he would have used a decoy Rickon - but a ruse nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Umber has to have a ploy. His reasoning behind this decision cannot be parsed if he's on the level. He's blaming Rickon for Jon's actions, yet is placing himself in the service of the son of the man responsible for the Red Wedding? How does this make any sense at all? Umber is desperate to fight Jon and the wildlings, but if he didn't give Ramsay Rickon then his soldiers would be turned away? If he wants to fight Jon and the Wildlings, that's fine. I have no idea why he would ever give Rickon to Ramsay just because of that though.

It will all be a ruse. A nonsense ruse of course - because he would have used a decoy Rickon - but a ruse nonetheless.

Well, if the Umber gift is supposed to be a trick then it's a pretty risky trick what with using the actual Lord Rickon Stark and stuff. (I still think some northern lords will shocking and surprisingly defect from Ramsay to Jon in the big Bastardbowl at the end but who knows.)

What the hell does Carol need Littlebirds at Highgarden for? There is absolutely nobody there. Mace and Olenna (really?) are on the fart-council and Marg and Loras are in the sept-dungeons. So Highgarden's castellan is ... hm ... maybe Hotpie?

Also I was promised great scheming from Cersei by Lena in an interview (never ever read cast interviews, they are so desperate to not spoil anything that they just talk random trash that comes to their minds or approved notes they were given by D&D) this seasons and all I get is Carol giving motivational speeches to Larry and Tommen and telling UnGregor who to smash against a wall? That's not great scheming to me and I want my batshit crazy queen from AFFC/ADWD back! But then I'm always told liking book!Cersei after ASOS is a bad thing or something.

Are they setting Tommen up to be the valonqar with him wanting to be like Joff and all? Tommen would indeed make the most sense besides Jaime or Tyrion I guess but then I'm really wondering how GRRM wants to pull that off with a nine year old (no zombification please!) in the books.

20 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

Despite this being a spoiler warning thread...

Spoiler

According to spoiler rumors posted during filming season last year september-october, RIckon gets porcupined by Umber bowmen, after Ramsay tells him to run across the battle field and rejoin Jon at the other side. Rickon tries to crawl back to Jon as he dies.

Teasers and trailers show Umber bowmen loyally in the front next to Bolton men, as well as battling Jon & wildling army on top of a hill of bodies (mormonts, wildlings, ...)

And then there's Ramsay's voice - "You like to play games, little man?"

Pffff little man? He's taller than Ramsay.

5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Despite this being a spoiler warning thread...

Teasers and trailers show Umber bowmen loyally in the front next to Bolton men, as well as battling Jon & wildling army on top of a hill of bodies (mormonts, wildlings, ...)

And then there's Ramsay's voice - "You like to play games, little man?"

Pffff little man? He's taller than Ramsay.

It's not a ruse. But it doesn't matter because both options are entirely stoopid, and to a whole new level of stoopid. 

Why the hell did they even include the direwolves? They're just something else associated with the loser Starks to torment and kill.

No sign of Summer, either. Arya doesn't skinchange the cat, and forgot Nymeria exists. Jon doesn't warg into Ghost, then stalks off without him. Shaggydog is dead for no reason other than to get him out of the way so Ramsay can play with Rickon and Osha.

There's nothing realistic about this. You don't just introduce connections then drop them. Everyone forgets everyone they couldn't forget in the books. People don't do that in real life. And there's nothing realistic about this super villain they've created in Ramsay. He's a joke, a sad joke.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It's not a ruse. But it doesn't matter because both options are entirely stoopid, and to a whole new level of stoopid. 

Exactly what I tried to point out, yes. No ruse. Straight up STOOOOPID!

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Exactly what I tried to point out, yes. No ruse. Straight up STOOOOPID!

Archived