NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

11 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

I actually think highly of Cousins (ugh, that hurts saying that).

Quoting for posterity! 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah it sucks, but we don't get to make that call.

Ha. Treadwell was the highest graded WR until people had concerns about his speed. I think it was a great pick, and checks off everything we needed in a WR. Plus he's basically a clone of Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Between getting him, revamping the O-Line and moving indoors we're totally gonna throw the ball at least 12 times!!!!!!

(!) 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

That's ridiculous. In the Ravens defense, they cut all ties with Rice as soon as it happened didn't they?

Nope, not until September and only when the elevator video came out. So 7 or so months of supporting him despite knowing he hit his fiancee. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/23/5744964/ray-rice-arrest-assault-statement-apology-ravens

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

So who do you guys think will take the risk and draft Jack? I personally believe the Pats would have taken him if they had a pick.

Browns very well could. They have enough draft picks over this and next year's draft to take a chance at the 32nd pick tonight.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So who do you guys think will take the risk and draft Jack? I personally believe the Pats would have taken him if they had a pick.

I'd love the Coltsies to take a swing at him if he's there. Or the one from Notre Dame.

2 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

LOL at the Koolaid.  Best receiving threats in the league are the Steelers, Green Bay, Cards, Pats (not a true #1 receiver, but Gronk, Edelman, and Bennett is nasty), Broncos, and Jags.  I like Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina (with Benjamin healthy), Jets, Bucs, and Oakland better than Redskins either because they have proven top tier #1's with at least another great complement (like Olsen or Witten), or very solid pairs of receivers (Evans/Jackson, Marshall/Decker).  

The Redskins would be good, but nowhere near best in the league.  If Doctson is the next Evans, OBJ, and Cooper rolled into one, and Reed's knees hold up for any amount of time, you might make a case for being in the top tier.  But nowhere near there now.

I think that T.Y. Hilton and Dante Moncrief deserve mention in the second tier.

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'd love the Coltsies to take a swing at him if he's there. Or the one from Notre Dame.

I think that T.Y. Hilton and Dante Moncrief deserve mention in the second tier.

Thought about it, but for the most part I went with more proven guys.  Moncrief doesn't quite do it for me yet.  Very well could be there next year.

3 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Thought about it, but for the most part I went with more proven guys.  Moncrief doesn't quite do it for me yet.  Very well could be there next year.

Moncrief will be a top-10 receiver after this year. Take it to the bank ;)

59 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Browns very well could. They have enough draft picks over this and next year's draft to take a chance at the 32nd pick tonight.

It's worth noting that Myles Jack and Hugh Jackson have the same agent.  If they don't draft him at 32, they'd know as well as any other team how bad his knee really is.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Moncrief will be a top-10 receiver after this year. Take it to the bank ;)

Maybe.  His stats should definitely improve with Luck back.  But with Bryant, OBJ, Benjamin, Evans, Julio, Jordy, Cobb, Jeffrey, Fitz, Marshall, Watkins, Hilton, Hopkins, Robinson, Hurns, Brown, Green, Thomas, Sanders, and Cooper in the league, I'd bet against it.  

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

It's worth noting that Myles Jack and Hugh Jackson have the same agent.  If they don't draft him at 32, they'd know as well as any other team how bad his knee really is.

I would not assume that Jack's agent knows anything that team doctors do not.  And I fully expect that Jack goes in the first five picks tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I would not assume that Jack's agent knows anything that team doctors do not.  And I fully expect that Jack goes in the first five picks tonight. 

Every team has different doctors with a different level of thoroughness, but it's likely that Jack has seen his own doctors and been as thorough as possible given that it's his career on the line here.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Every team has different doctors with a different level of thoroughness, but it's likely that Jack has seen his own doctors and been as thorough as possible given that it's his career on the line here.

But team doctors are always talking with one another, there isn't the loyalty and secrecy amongst the doctors that there is with scouts and coaches.  If a doctor sees something, he'll tell his colleagues. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

But team doctors are always talking with one another, there isn't the loyalty and secrecy amongst the doctors that there is with scouts and coaches.  If a doctor sees something, he'll tell his colleagues. 

Not if he's a dirty Pats fan, watching with his monocle and laughing as the Colts take a flyer on the kid!

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

An agent's job is to sell his client. I doubt he's going to give warnings to certain coaches cause they share an agent. And as Maith said, team doctors have all looked at him and his condition has leaked. He'll get chosen but whoever does will be taking a risk and they know it. Easier to do when losing a 2nd round or third round pick than a first.

7 minutes ago, Mexal said:

An agent's job is to sell his client. I doubt he's going to give warnings to certain coaches cause they share an agent. And as Maith said, team doctors have all looked at him and his condition has leaked. He'll get chosen but whoever does will be taking a risk and they know it. Easier to do when losing a 2nd round or third round pick than a first.

SO MUCH THIS. You think this agent has more loyalty to Jackson than he does to the almighty dollar? I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

;)

Top 10 for a position that there are roughly 90 starters in the league (depending on if you call a slot receiver for run-heavy teams starters) is high praise.  Hell, if I get a freebie for injury, there are probably only 6 guys I make that bet on.  

44 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yes, but Hugh Jackson is another client, and it would be just as bad to lie to him about the health of Jack, as that's the kind of thing that could end up costing Jackson his job and his agent a client.  I'm willing to bet that Jackson's agent will give him the inside track on any info he has.  He wouldn't do that with every team, though.  Just teams that he has a stake in.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yes, but Hugh Jackson is another client, and it would be just as bad to lie to him about the health of Jack, as that's the kind of thing that could end up costing Jackson his job and his agent a client.  I'm willing to bet that Jackson's agent will give him the inside track on any info he has.  He wouldn't do that with every team, though.  Just teams that he has a stake in.

Archived